Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DJ - workouts

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

DJ - workouts

So, I don't think this has been discussed, but it seems that DJ opted to do workouts with Mac Jones instead of working out with his new QB, Mitch Trubisky. That speaks pretty piss poorly of him IMO. Perhaps there's a reasonable explanation, but until I find one out, his stock is down for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Time to draft his replacement in ether R1 or R2.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: DJ - workouts

I'm liking this more and more. Definitely no later than 52.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Don't guys work out with "not team-mates" each and every off-season all across the NFL?

What if DJ had this scheduled long before Trubisky had his "event"?

Mountains and molehills and all that.

But....I do acknowledge that some want ANY reason to get after DJ. He seems to have become the new Steelers scapegoat for many things.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Time to draft his replacement in ether R1 or R2.[/QUOTE]

Better fin JuJu & Washington replacement as well. So three out of the 7 picks are WRs…lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Don't guys work out with "not team-mates" each and every off-season all across the NFL?

What if DJ had this scheduled long before Trubisky had his "event"?

Mountains and molehills and all that.

But....I do acknowledge that some want ANY reason to get after DJ. He seems to have become the new Steelers scapegoat for many things.
    They do workout with other guys and I'd have no problem with it if there wasn't one with HIS QB at the same time. If it was pre-scheduled, you say, "Sorry bro, MY QB is having workouts and it's important that I attend."

Offseason workouts aren't molehills. Ask Super Bowl winners.

And I'm on record as a DJ supporter. But this speaks a little louder that the stupidity of unfollowing someone on social media.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Time to draft his replacement in ether R1 or R2.

Better fin JuJu & Washington replacement as well. So three out of the 7 picks are WRs…lol.
    Washington's replacement can be found in the UDFA pool or practice squad.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

It was what...like 36 hours? Plus....no one is gonna remember that whole thing now.

I think it was basically Friday and that's it?

If you want to search for things to get mad about...this qualifies. But in 3 weeks, 3 months, etc. This isn't gonna matter to anyone.

These workouts are basically team-building and social media stunts. No one has ever won a SB and been like, "Those 3 back shoulder fades we threw last April between selfies, beer, and wings in this dude's backyard were really the difference."

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Rumor now confirmed: DJ will be traded to the Taperiots for their R2 pick.

Source: TapesDidntCheet247 on Twitter

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Draft can’t get here fast enough……I think I say this every year. This hasn’t been discussed…..probably because it didn’t need to be. Do you know for sure that Trubisky even invited him? Are you certain that DJ hadn’t already committed to working out with Jones. I’m certain all plans were in place before DH was tragically killed.

Ben got his OL together in the off season. If one of them had chosen to work with their college coaches or former teammates, would that have spoken piss poorly of them.

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post

If this ends up being true, I can't say I am happy about.........but I also understand it. DJ likely wants maximum $$$ he can get on this 2nd contract and is likely not going to take a "hometown discount", and some team is probably willing to give him close to $20M annual average. The Steelers likely are not willing to go that high, which I completely understand also. Trading him for a Rd 2 pick may be about the best the Steelers can do at this point, unless they want to hang on to him for a year then let him walk and get a comp pick.

It's been discussed elsewhere, but there seems to be a greater supply of quality NFL ready receivers coming into the league every year. It's a position teams should be able to address and replenish through the draft.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Link?!?

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

This a non issue. People like to assume that Trubisky already has the job locked up and that players should rally behind him. News flash...Trubisky will NOT be handed the job. He isn't QB1 yet and there will be a competition for that spot.

No one knows exactly what the Steelers plan is at QB right now, so DJ going to catch passes from Mac Jones means absolutely nothing and I don't blame him one bit for it.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Maybe just my thoughts here...Trubisky wasn't brought in to actually compete with Rudolph for the starting QB job. Trubisky was brought in to start and let Rudolph step up and try to take that job. So I get it why Rudolph declined the invite to go to the workout.

I wonder if DJ and Mac Jones had some chemistry during Probowl week and decided to hang out in the offseason. I have no problem with that on the surface. I do have a problem with a contract year player doing his offseason work with another team. That's what this was. It was not just DJ and Jones, it was the Patriots players' workout. And DJ went there instead of with his team. I stand with DS on this one, DJ's stock is way down with me currently.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

Raymond Berry used to have his wife throw passes to him so he knew how to catch some really bad throws.

I wonder if any Colts fans ever bitched about him having her throw to him instead of his QB while he was making his HoF speech?

Who really cares as long as he is trying to become a better player?

This doesn't make him a poor teammate. This makes him someone that is trying to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    It was what...like 36 hours? Plus....no one is gonna remember that whole thing now.

I think it was basically Friday and that's it?

If you want to search for things to get mad about...this qualifies. But in 3 weeks, 3 months, etc. This isn't gonna matter to anyone.

These workouts are basically team-building and social media stunts. No one has ever won a SB and been like, "Those 3 back shoulder fades we threw last April between selfies, beer, and wings in this dude's backyard were really the difference."
    I suppose we should be talking about another meaningless mock draft instead of an actual off-season workout. Tom Brady seemed to think those off-season workouts and get togethers were pretty important when he showed up in Tampa Bay. Anyway, DJ is setting up a contract stalemate whether you see it or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Link?!?
    I think he was joking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Maybe just my thoughts here...Trubisky wasn't brought in to actually compete with Rudolph for the starting QB job. Trubisky was brought in to start and let Rudolph step up and try to take that job. So I get it why Rudolph declined the invite to go to the workout.

I wonder if DJ and Mac Jones had some chemistry during Probowl week and decided to hang out in the offseason. I have no problem with that on the surface. I do have a problem with a contract year player doing his offseason work with another team. That's what this was. It was not just DJ and Jones, it was the Patriots players' workout. And DJ went there instead of with his team. I stand with DS on this one, DJ's stock is way down with me currently.
    Exactly.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Holy crap guys it's APRIL, before the draft. Lighten up Francis this means nothing. They both are from Florida and probably just wanted to work out together.

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Gotta disagree here. Do a little research on this. Players work out with the opposition all the time. AB used to work out with Kirk Cousins. Maybe DJ trains at the same facility? Maybe Mac and DJ are simply friends?

Also, Mason Rudolph was in attendance at the same workout. It's a total non issue.

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    Gotta disagree here. Do a little research on this. Players work out with the opposition all the time. AB used to work out with Kirk Cousins. Maybe DJ trains at the same facility? Maybe Mac and DJ are simply friends?

Also, Mason Rudolph was in attendance at the same workout. It's a total non issue.
    Yeah it’s common knowledge that players workout with other team’s players. No research needed. It’s also a bad indicator when you pick the Patriots QB over your new QB.

This “missed” workout is not what’s setting up a contract stalemate.

That would be the calendar and 195 receptions in the last 31 games.

DJ could move in with a member of the Rooney family. But, unless the Steelers agree to pay DJ several dump trucks full of money, there’s going to be a protracted contract stand-off.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Too early to read anything into this, IMO.

Rather than give this subject any more attention, I am gonna do what DJ would and "just drop it".

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

regardless, he's not a number one receiver, and he doesn't have half the reliability of AB. Too many drops or miscommunications in crucial situations for me to be high on him. Hoping for a wr in the top 3 rounds and a FA pickup or off the waiver wire.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

How does anyone know that DJ didn’t have prior commitments that were geographically closer to Mac Jones than Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    How does anyone know that DJ didn’t have prior commitments that were geographically closer to Mac Jones than Florida?
    The workouts with the Patriots were in Florida as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    The workouts with the Patriots were in Florida as well.
    Same area? Florida is pretty big…

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yeah it’s common knowledge that players workout with other team’s players. No research needed. It’s also a bad indicator when you pick the Patriots QB over your new QB.
    Mason Rudolph was also there working out with DJ. It's a non issue. Players will probably be more loyal to Rudolph until Mitch proves he's the man.

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    Mason Rudolph was also there working out with DJ. It's a non issue. Players will probably be more loyal to Rudolph until Mitch proves he's the man.
    Well all I said was his stock is down with me. For you it’s a non issue. For me, it’s stock down. Plus he’s not worth the $20 million a year he’s gonna want. Draft his replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Well all I said was his stock is down with me. For you it’s a non issue. For me, it’s stock down. Plus he’s not worth the $20 million a year he’s gonna want. Draft his replacement.
    That's fair

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

BillICheat is tampering they say
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

BillICheat is tampering they say
    BucsSince2020 agrees completely.

(that there’s cheating involved)

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

BucsSince2020 agrees completely.

(that there’s cheating involved)
    this was confirmed by:

@#PetePriscoHorseF*cker