Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DJ - workouts

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: DJ - workouts

Diontae Johnson no-showed a youth football camp that charged $125 to participate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

DJ is a considerably worse AB. AB changed games and was worth the headache until he wasn't.

So far, DJ's main body of work is dropping passes, getting out-muscled by DB's and waving for flag, and too many mental mistakes. He was absolutely useless in the Chiefs playoff game. Some WR-starved team will overpay for him next offseason.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

DJ had 107 catches and 5 drops. He’s not all-pro but he’s not the pedestrian some of you want to make him out to be. He’s also not worth $17-20M, but I don’t think many are.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Diontae Johnson no-showed a youth football camp that charged $125 to participate.

Reported he had a flight run late. Also reported he's doing a free camp for the families that paid for the one he missed. I don't know, just passing on what I read on the interweb.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    What? Just an off season opportunity to dump on him? How come?

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    DJ is a considerably worse AB.
    The vast majority of WRs are. After all, before he went completely batshit insane, AB was not only the best WR in the NFL by a pretty good margin to any objective observer, he was also beginning to be put in Jerry Rice territory by many.

Frankly, I consider Claypool to be a much bigger disappointment than DJ thus far. The guy is 6'4", but he plays like he's 5'6". Softer than homemade ice cream...

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

AB without the distractions would be a first-ballot hall of famer. Comparing almost any WR to him would be a disappointment

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    The vast majority of WRs are. After all, before he went completely batshit insane, AB was not only the best WR in the NFL by a pretty good margin to any objective observer, he was also beginning to be put in Jerry Rice territory by many.

Frankly, I consider Claypool to be a much bigger disappointment than DJ thus far. The guy is 6'4", but he plays like he's 5'6". Softer than homemade ice cream...
    Agreed

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Almost agree 100%. I don’t see Claypool as a disappointment yet…he’s been frustrating but not sure how much that was Chase, how much that was Ben or how much that was the offense. If we see him not getting separation and constantly being challenged, diving, etc on routes this season, he will hit that disappointment level for me…

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Claypool still is a tantalizing player. I know everyone is grumpy about the spike and all that...but he dominated that Vikings game in a way we haven't seen a Steelers WR do in some time. That guy is uncoverable and is basically open all the time against everyone. The guy that shows up other weeks is just kinda

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

My problem with Claypool thus far is that he should physically dominate DBs who are two heads shorter than he is and take balls away from them consistently but he doesn't. Hopefully he will develop a "mean streak."

Ideally, I'd like to see him develop into Larry Fitzgerald circa 2008 or a reasonable facsimile thereof. Just throw it up there and let him take it away from everyone else.

My problem with Claypool thus far is that he should physically dominate DBs who are two heads shorter than he is and take balls away from them consistently but he doesn't. Hopefully he will develop a "mean streak."

Ideally, I'd like to see him develop into Larry Fitzgerald circa 2008 or a reasonable facsimile thereof. Just throw it up there and let him take it away from everyone else.
    Agree. For me it’s frustrating…

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

DJ has better stats than Terry McLaurin. A few months ago, people balked when DJ asked for $15 million a year… well, DJ isn’t going to take (or be offered) less than $20 million per season. Enjoy him (or hate him) while it lasts.

btw: There is a RUMOR out there that the Bears will trade “Robert Quinn & a R2 pick” for DJ. I’d take that in a millisecond.

As good (IMO) as DJ is, he’s NOT returning to the Steelers. At most we’d get a R3 comp pick. I’d make the trade straight up for a R2 pick. When you add on getting Quinn (and his 18 sacks )… it is simply too good to be true.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The WR market is super inflated. DJ isn't worth 20 but neither are any of the top 5 worth 30. It's too easy to replace with with a R1-2 rookie. Smart teams will pass on this market, like the Packers and Chiefs did. The Steelers will also pass on a 20+ WR.