Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DJ - workouts

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: DJ - workouts

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    this was confirmed by:

@#PetePriscoHorseF*cker
    Bwahahaha WINNER!!!

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Now DJ is absent from the team voluntary workouts. But I'm sure that means nothing too. Come TC when he's a no-show, that won't mean anything either.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Now DJ is absent from the team voluntary workouts. But I'm sure that means nothing too. Come TC when he's a no-show, that won't mean anything either.
    almost nothing would please me more than trading him during the draft ...... sorry I just do not like the guy and that is reason enough for me
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

DJ wanted 5 years/$75 million

Other receivers got monster deals

Receivers from DJ’s draft class are currently negotiating new deals

DJ now (reportedly) wants 5 years/$90 million

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    DJ wanted 5 years/$75 million

Other receivers got monster deals

Receivers from DJ’s draft class are currently negotiating new deals

DJ now (reportedly) wants 5 years/$90 million
    He's not worth that kind of money. But I also believe the D. Adams and the others weren't worth anywhere near what they got paid.

He's not worth that kind of money. But I also believe the D. Adams and the others weren't worth anywhere near what they got paid.
    Then you won’t like this…

SPORTAC suggests DJ deserves: 4 years/$90 million

It will be interesting to see what Deebo gets. Same draft class. DJ has had more career receptions, yards, and TDs… although Deebo had more receiving yards (plus his rushing yards) last season.

Oh, the biggest similarity: Deebo led the NFL in drop-rate (11%… compared to DJ’s 3% drop-rate).

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

The market is what the market is. DJ would get those kinda contract #'s if he was on the FA market. Not his or the Steelers fault the market went bonkers.

I think all these guys (Scary Terry, AJ Brown, Deebo, DJ, Metcalf, etc) are all going to sit out. Then after the draft, the dust will settle and extensions will start coming out. Those extensions will help calibrate DJ's "value".

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    The market is what the market is. DJ would get those kinda contract #'s if he was on the FA market. Not his or the Steelers fault the market went bonkers.

I think all these guys (Scary Terry, AJ Brown, Deebo, DJ, Metcalf, etc) are all going to sit out. Then after the draft, the dust will settle and extensions will start coming out. Those extensions will help calibrate DJ's "value".
    Yep. And by then the Steelers will have already drafted his replacement.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Yep. And by then the Steelers will have already drafted his replacement.
    Potentially.

It really doesn't matter. They can push that a year if they want...DJ can be as unhappy as he wants to be about the reality of how underpaid he is. But he is under contract for one more year.

If I was Diontae, I would do everything I could to force my way out of town. His ideal scenario would be to get traded on draft day to somewhere with a better QB situation than he has had the past few years. Bet on himself to put up Tecmo Bowl numbers and then get handed a bag full of cash in 2023.

However, the Steelers are not morons...so the chances of that happening are fairly slim. Unless there is a team interested enough in one year of DJ to include him in a trade up scenario.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

DJ - workouts

DJ doesn’t have the consistency or sustainability to put up Tecmo Bowl numbers…even with Rodgers as his QB.

He has the talent, just doesn’t always show it…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    DJ doesn’t have the consistency or sustainability to put up Tecmo Bowl numbers…even with Rodgers as his QB.

He has the talent, just doesn’t always show it…
    https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../receiving.htm

Top 10 with a broken down QB in a barely functional offense.

While he might be a petulant man-baby, DJ can ball.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

DJ - workouts

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../receiving.htm

Top 10 with a broken down QB in a barely functional offense.

While he might be a petulant man-baby, DJ can ball.
    He can ball when he wants to and when he’s one of the only viable targets at that position.

He can ball when he wants to and when he’s one of the only viable targets at that position.
    As opposed to the other top WRs that flourish in systems where there is a multitude of elite options?

DJ sees the ball a ton because he is always open. He is a good enough route runner and technician that he can get open without scheme assistance. He also only needs a small window of separation to make the catch.

Is he a perfect player? Nope. But the skillset he possess is super duper valuable in the NFL and he's gonna get paid somewhere.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

My opinion might not be popular but I say pay him. He's the best receiver we have, and also with losing Juju and Washington, the WR room is thin. We can't afford to lose our best WR

DJ - workouts

As opposed to the other top WRs that flourish in systems where there is a multitude of elite options?

DJ sees the ball a ton because he is always open. He is a good enough route runner and technician that he can get open without scheme assistance. He also only needs a small window of separation to make the catch.

Is he a perfect player? Nope. But the skillset he possess is super duper valuable in the NFL and he's gonna get paid somewhere.
    Of course he’s going to get paid and if I were the Steelers, I would pay him. I agree with everything you say…I’ll also say I was the first one here in one of the game day threads that said he had AB potential…BUT…he’s not consistent and that’s the difference between him and the elite. Very, very good…yes. Elite? Not consistent enough.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

This thread started out talking about DJ working out with the Patriots instead of the Steelers in Florida and how we 'felt' about that. Now we're talking about something completely different about him getting a new contract. The Steelers don't do a lot of second contracts with skills players. They just haven't. I think they will get a deal worked out with DJ though so that both parties are happy with the numbers. 86 brings up a valid point about consistency, but can you name one thing DJ doesn't do well as a WR? He's improved with each season as well.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 3. ​Renardo Green, CB, FSU 4. Mo Kamara, OLB, Colorado State 6. Logan Lee, DT, Iowa 6.Khristian Boyd, NT, Northern Iowa

Of course he’s going to get paid and if I were the Steelers, I would pay him. I agree with everything you say…I’ll also say I was the first one here in one of the game day threads that said he had AB potential…BUT…he’s not consistent and that’s the difference between him and the elite. Very, very good…yes. Elite? Not consistent enough.
    So he gets 18 million per year instead of 20?

I am not disagree with your consistency point, but what does that result in?

DJ - workouts

So he gets 18 million per year instead of 20?

I am not disagree with your consistency point, but what does that result in?
    $45-$48-$50M guaranteed over 4. He should get Keenan Allen type money. Not elite but very good.

$45-$48-$50M guaranteed over 4. He should get Keenan Allen type money. Not elite but very good.
    6 months ago that would’ve been a good comparison. Then the WR market went stupid crazy bonkers.

Not that long ago Spotrac or whatever had DJ as like a 15 million player. Now he’s a 22 million player. He’s not played a single snap between those two valuations. But Diggs and Mike Williams signed new contracts and the market reset.

6 months ago that would’ve been a good comparison. Then the WR market went stupid crazy bonkers.

Not that long ago Spotrac or whatever had DJ as like a 15 million player. Now he’s a 22 million player. He’s not played a single snap between those two valuations. But Diggs and Mike Williams signed new contracts and the market reset.
    He’s not a $22M/year guaranteed player. Not even remotely close. Sure you can make a contract look like he’s a $22M/year player but most of those contracts are just fake to start with. He’s not more than. A $50M guaranteed player. He’s just not.

He’s not a $22M/year guaranteed player. Not even remotely close. Sure you can make a contract look like he’s a $22M/year player but most of those contracts are just fake to start with. He’s not more than. A $50M guaranteed player. He’s just not.
    DJ’s agent is going to pull out the contracts that DJ Moore and Mike Williams got and go from there. I have no idea what the split between funny money and guaranteed moolah will be. But the average annual vale will be somewhere between 18-22 million per year.

The “market rate” numbers most sites and posters use are average yearly value not guaranteed cash. Guaranteed is too hard to project. A team could lower the average annual value by guaranteeing more. Or the other way around. Or play around with years and guaranteed cash. Whatever. But the “average value” figure is a bit more orojectable and comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post

Senior Member Array title="Dreegking will become famous soon enough">

Relax. So e times it’s as simple as staying near where they are. Being near is often the most important thing. Developing the off season ritual or being near a trainer, family. Etc. Is huge too. Your thoughts on this are hyperbolic ballyhoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreegking View Post
    Relax. So e times it’s as simple as staying near where they are. Being near is often the most important thing. Developing the off season ritual or being near a trainer, family. Etc. Is huge too. Your thoughts on this are hyperbolic ballyhoo.
    English is a good language.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

English is a good language.
    Truth

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I don’t quite get all the DJ hate. Is it because he’s not as good as AB was in Pittsburgh? Is it because he worked really hard last offseason to cut down on the drops and as a result still had a 3% drop rate?

Sure he’s made a few unfortunate mistakes at crucial times, but so did Juju. So do a lot of young players who get better every single year.

I know this thread has strayed a bit from the OP about working out with the Patriots’ QB. But I see that as nothing but a plus. DJ will have plenty of scheduled practices with our QBs. I’d rather he be using this time to get as much intel about an enemy’s tendencies as possible. You guys are playing checkers while DJ is playing chess.

DJ is on his way out of town in 2023 , we have drafted his replacement and next year we will likely draft 1 more

Only the wannabes are paying $25M a year for WRs.