Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RIP Dwayne Haskins

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: RIP Dwayne Haskins

People who live irresponsibly often die irresponsibly.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Well, I was hoping it was just a terrible accident, but this thought definitely crossed my mind.

Seems like there are usually two kinds of people involved in fatal 6 a.m. accidents: People who are still awake from drinking all night, and sober people who can't avoid the people who are still awake from drinking all night.

I mean, being drunk is one thing, but 0.24 is like, falling-down drunk. Plus being high on special K? Gimme a break. 24 is a ripe old age to live to if you go around doing stuff like that.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Dumb…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Then be sympathetic and respectful for the innocent. He was a son, husband, and father. He made a mistake that cost him his life. It's the others that will suffer for it.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

EDIT: Just saw that Dwinsgames already posted this:

Now there is more. Apparently there was a "female" companion in the vehicle with him when the police found the car he had exited to seek gas. Suddenly the altar boy image we had painted of him is deteriorating right before our eyes. High, drunk and had a female in his car. Granted we do not know anything about her, but a married man with a young child at home ... you connect the dots.

From Sports Illustrated: "The medical report added that investigators found his car on the side of I-595 with a female companion inside the vehicle, Sports Illustrated said. The nature of Haskins’s relationship with the unnamed woman was not included in the report. Haskins reportedly left a nightclub after heavy drinking over a fight."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Then be sympathetic and respectful for the innocent. He was a son, husband, and father. He made a mistake that cost him his life. It's the others that will suffer for it.
    I'll be all these things to his wife and child but not him. It sounds like he was a real POS, sorry. Would you be sympathetic to him had he plowed into your family with his car?
    Last edited by EzraTank; 05-24-2022 at 10:07 AM.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    EDIT: Just saw that Dwinsgames already posted this:

Now there is more. Apparently there was a "female" companion in the vehicle with him when the police found the car he had exited to seek gas. Suddenly the altar boy image we had painted of him is deteriorating right before our eyes. High, drunk and had a female in his car. Granted we do not know anything about her, but a married man with a young child at home ... you connect the dots.

From Sports Illustrated: "The medical report added that investigators found his car on the side of I-595 with a female companion inside the vehicle, Sports Illustrated said. The nature of Haskins’s relationship with the unnamed woman was not included in the report. Haskins reportedly left a nightclub after heavy drinking over a fight."

- - - Updated - - -

I'll be all these things to his wife and child but not him. It sounds like he was a real POS, sorry. Would you be sympathetic to him had he plowed into your family with this car?
    No I would not be sympathetic to someone driving drunk that crashed into someone else. That is not the story here though nor what I posted. DH will never read the fan's posts nor public opinions, but others might.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I also feel sorry for that dump truck driver who has to live with this for the rest of his life. He should never have been put in that situation.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I also feel sorry for that dump truck driver who has to live with this for the rest of his life. He should never have been put in that situation.
    Yep, I said that earlier in the thread before these other facts even came to light. The last thing someone driving an large truck needs is an erratic drunk & stoned dude on the highway. Now he has to live with this the rest of his life.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

It's a shame, the guy was too young.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yeah, but in some way it might ease the drivers mind to know that Haskins was drunk and on Ketamine when he stepped onto the interstate. Doesnt erase the memory of hitting a pedestrian, but he may not blame himself as much as if he didnt know that information.

A sad story all around. We all have to be responsible for our life choices and I am sure we all know cases of bad choices being made in the past. This was just one of a somewhat public figure. Not really unlike any other actor, musician, athlete, etc that died while mixing booze, drugs and something dumb.

Senior Member Array title="lipps83 has a reputation beyond repute"> lipps83's Avatar

There is no need to trash the man for a mistake he made in a 12 hour period. Nobody here knows him better than his family does. Please understand that these people have suffered enough, and how tragic it would be for them to come across some of these comments from people who knew nothing of him but what they read about in the papers.

This is a world that is already suffering enough. There is no need to pile it on to those who currently have more than their fair share.

Let the man rest in peace.

No one is piling on, just pointing out how irresponsible this was. But in that 12 hour period he, got high/drunk, was with another woman with a wife and small child at home and decided to drunk a vehicle in those conditions.

That's a lot of mistakes for a 12 hour period.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Haskins did not have a child.

Carry on.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Generally, stuff like this would involve many months or years of choices leading up to such a 12-hour period. For example, most people aren't just living a life of good clean fun and then have a momentary lapse in judgment where they randomly decide to get loaded up on ketamine.

There's no need to "trash" the guy - but if you died by being a party animal out of control, I feel a lot less sorry for you than if it was some accident where you didn't do it to yourself. Mostly I feel sorry for all the other people involved in that shitshow now.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I remember years ago, my driver's ed instructor told us, "If you're broken down, staying inside your car is the safest - but keep in mind, if it's late at night, your flashing tail lights will act like a shining holy beacon for every drunk on the highway. So you might want to just get away from the road entirely."

Sadly, a guy in my college class got killed that way, while the passenger who had climbed a fence to go get help at a gas station was fine, although certainly shocked to discover what happened.
    Out here in the desert, we are told if there is a sandstorm to pull as far off the road as possible and turn off all of your lights for that very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    Out here in the desert, we are told if there is a sandstorm to pull as far off the road as possible and turn off all of your lights for that very reason.
    Well it turned out that Haskins WAS that drunk/high guy. Poor choices and I feel bad for his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    ??? I think you quoted me by accident.
    Yep, sorry. I read your quoted person and meant to quote them ... okay now I'm still confused.