Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: RIP Dwayne Haskins

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: RIP Dwayne Haskins

Gil Brandt's post was even worse.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Gil Brandt's post was even worse.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Gil Brandt is an asshole ... he should have retired 20 years ago , perhaps now retirement is forced upon him ...

there is not excuse for his actions IMO ...

“I hate anytime anybody is killed, or anybody dies,” started Brandt. “But he was a guy that was living to be dead, so to speak. You know, they told him, don’t, under any circumstances, leave school early. You just don’t have the work habits, you don’t have this, don’t have that. What’d he do? Left school early.
    “I also remember this — we invited players to the draft, and he was one of the players we invited to the draft. And we were told no, we’re going to have our own party. His own party was a party at the bowling alley, charging fifty bucks to get into the bowling alley for his party. It was always something, you know? It’s one of those things. I’m never offside, but they keep calling me for offsides, is what it is.
    “It’s a tragic thing — anytime anybody dies is tragic. Especially when you’re 24 years old, and you got your whole life ahead of you. But maybe if he just stayed in school a year, he wouldn’t do silly things. I mean, when you’re jogging on a highway, on a road like that, that leaves it open. Because I’ll tell you, it’s so — guy has two drinks, and he’s just a little bit to the right side of the road, and gets hit and killed. It’s easy to happen.” - Gil Bandt

listen here

https://twitter.com/PeteDamilatis/st...las-cowboys%2F
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

RIP Dwayne Haskins

So sad. I wanted him to succeed in Pittsburgh. RIP Dwayne! Prayers are with his family and teammates.

Tragic!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Gil Brandt is an asshole ... he should have retired 20 years ago , perhaps now retirement is forced upon him ...

there is not excuse for his actions IMO ...

listen here

https://twitter.com/PeteDamilatis/st...las-cowboys%2F
    Gil Brandt should be taken out back of the barn and be put down. He’s an embarrassment at this point.

Schefter changed his tweet from:

His Instagram post is now this:

Junior Member Array title="Reylo1 Steel will become famous soon enough"> Reylo1 Steel's Avatar

Really shocked and saddened by Dwayne's passing. RIP

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

This is so far removed from being about football. Such a tragic and horrible thing to happen.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Unfortunately it was looking like he was an NFL bust, but the day of his death wasn't the day to point that out.

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

I really don't know what to say in these situations, just horrible news. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
    1. Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia 2. Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan 4. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. Ryan Watts, S, Texas

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    This is so far removed from being about football. Such a tragic and horrible thing to happen.
    Nothing any can say that helps and just horrible.

RIP Dwayne Haskins

At least this senile prick apologized…

Can’t say the same for Schefter…

Needs to put Will in front of Schefter…

Roethlisberger Family Offers Message Following Dwayne Haskins’ Death

We’ve already heard from many Pittsburgh Steelers’ teammates and coaches today following the tragic news of QB Dwayne Haskins’ death Saturday morning. A short time ago, retired QB Ben Roethlisberger and wife Ashley sent out this message reacting to the news.
    “D-Hask, I only had the privilege to know D-Hask for a short time, but in that time I got to meet a young man that didn’t seem to ever have a bad day. “He came to work everyday with a smile on his face and energy and love in his heart. I really enjoyed his passion and love for the game and wanting to learn and be the best. His smile and zeal for life will be missed! Wish we had more time together but I will cherish the time together on this earth and the laughs we had! I’ll say it again just like I told you to your face, I still wish I could throw a ball like you!! Love ya pal. 7 To his wife Kalabrya, we want you to know that we are praying for you and with you. We don’t understand why God does what he does but we have to trust and believe in his plan. You are an amazing woman of faith and we trust you will get through this. Love Ben and Ashley”
    He also joked about still wishing he could throw the ball like Haskins could. Last year, Roethlisberger quipped Haskins could throw a ball through a car wash and the ball not get wet. He also praised Haskins’ energy and “perfect” throwing mechanics.

https://steelersdepot.com/2022/04/ro...haskins-death/
    Last edited by 86WARD; 04-09-2022 at 09:18 PM.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Roethlisberger Family Offers Message Following Dwayne Haskins’ Death

I dunno how it would’ve turned out but I really believe Haskins was poised to reset his professional football narrative during the 2022 season.

None of that matters now. But I’ll always believe he was well positioned to turn things around.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Wow. What a tragedy.

24 years old. Way too young.

Rest in peace and may God be with you.

Prayers to him and all his family and friends.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: Roethlisberger Family Offers Message Following Dwayne Haskins’ Death

Probably could merge this and the Gil Brandt threads into the RIP Haskins. I didn't know much about the kid until reading about him today. Despite his NFL struggles he seemed like a really nice kid, so f'n sad.

I just read about it. Sure came as a surprise. It is a reminder that those for or against whom we cheer on the football field are human beings. Hopefully we can keep that in mind as we discuss and debate about these men moving forward. Sometimes I find it too easy to hate the jersey and forget about the human wearing it. I pray and wish his family nothing but the best

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    At least this senile prick apologized…

Can’t say the same for Schefter…
    to little to late ....

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Gil Brandt at 90 made a poor choice with what he said. I do not believe he meant any malice with those words. I feel like, because he was fired over them, the apology came from him as well and not as some demand to save his job. Gil Brandt has become an NFL draft week icon for me. I love reading his top100 prospects list every year.

All that said, he had to have known this was a non-football issue and a sensitive subject for many. He should have done his job better.

There’s no articles stating that Brandt was fired. Other than the random headline in this link, there’s nothing else out there and this article doesn’t even address him being fired other than the catchy headline.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

For those living in the viewing area....

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    For those living in the viewing area....

thanks for sharing will be tuning in

Haskins death will be felt for a long time in that locker room and coaching offices, probably more than we fans will ever realize. It was not long ago that one of their beloved coaches was found dead in his room at training camp.

Not only does this group of young men have to get on with their jobs in spite of their grief and for the group that was with him in Florida, an overwhelming sense of guilt and disbelief (while they have nothing to feel guilty about, it would be normal to question if they could have done anything different), the coaches have to sit down and revaluate their roster and draft board to replace him. That is their job, even with grieving hearts.

- - - Updated - - -

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Is there any credible information yet as to why DH was in the middle of the highway? I just can’t wrap my mind around what he was thinking.

I haven’t seen anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Is there any credible information yet as to why DH was in the middle of the highway? I just can’t wrap my mind around what he was thinking.

just the out of gas theory , but as far as I know that is just speculation

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

just the out of gas theory , but as far as I know that is just speculation
    Yeah. Seems like that one would be easy to confirm or deny by LE.