Thread: Investigation Finds Washington Was Hiding 40% Of Ticket Profits From NFL?!

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Investigation Finds Washington Was Hiding 40% Of Ticket Profits From NFL?!

buh bye Snyder you jackass.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Investigation Finds Washington Was Hiding 40% Of Ticket Profits From NFL?!

A link?

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    A link?
    do you not see a video ?

https://www.sportscasting.com/congre...evenue-scheme/

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Bad news there…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Bad news there…
    Yep! Seems everyone except Snyder wants to head in the right direction. So many people in my area had season tickets to Washington games, but have let them go until Snyder is gone.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

The league hates Snyder so this is one of those deals they would have just kept digging until they found out he stole a quarter in kindergarten. Not that I have a horse in this race but it's shitty reporting like this "I hear", "I'm not sure", "If we find out".

If you don't f'n know then don't report it.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    The league hates Snyder so this is one of those deals they would have just kept digging until they found out he stole a quarter in kindergarten. Not that I have a horse in this race but it's shitty reporting like this "I hear", "I'm not sure", "If we find out".

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

It's not like that shitty team sells tickets anyway, no harm no foul?

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post

thats what todays media is now. there is no such thing as investigative reporting anymore. they are character assassins for special interest groups . they are given marching orders on who to slander and write hit pieces on. when you can flip between news channels and they are all saying the EXACT same thing word for word you know they are reading from a script. this is the result of 90% of all media being owned by 6 corporations. when these so called journalist claim an unnamed source, that source is their boss.
    remember antitrust laws used to be a thing ?

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    thats what todays media is now. there is no such thing as investigative reporting anymore. they are character assassins for special interest groups . they are given marching orders on who to slander and write hit pieces on. when you can flip between news channels and they are all saying the EXACT same thing word for word you know they are reading from a script. this is the result of 90% of all media being owned by 6 corporations. when these so called journalist claim an unnamed source, that source is their boss.
    remember antitrust laws used to be a thing ?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

The U.S. House Oversight Committee sent a letter to the Federal Trade Commission on Tuesday saying it found evidence the Washington Commanders may have engaged in potentially unlawful financial conduct for more than a decade by withholding ticket revenue from visiting teams and refundable deposits from fans.

In the letter, the committee outlined through the testimony of former employees and access to emails and documents a pattern of alleged financial impropriety by owner Dan Snyder and team executives. At one point in 2016, the committee said the team may have retained up to $5 million from 2,000 season-ticket holders while also potentially concealing sharable revenue from the league.

One former employee testified before Congress saying the team had two separate financial books -- one with underreported ticket revenue that went to the NFL -- and the full, complete picture. According to testimony, Snyder was aware of the numbers shared with the league while also being privy to the actual data.

The business practice was known as "juice" inside Washington's front office. And, if correct, it could spell significant trouble for Snyder and the Commanders.

Ticket revenue is shared among all 32 NFL teams, with 40% of it deposited in a visiting team fund. Such money is among the pillars of the league's revenue-sharing commitment.

A team spokesperson referred NFL.com to the organization's statement issued on March 31: "The team categorically denies any suggestion of financial impropriety of any kind at any time."

"We adhere to strict internal processes that are consistent with industry and accounting standards, are audited annually by a globally respected independent auditing firm, and are also subject to regular audits by the NFL. We continue to cooperate fully with the Committee's work."

An NFL spokesperson released the following statement on Tuesday to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero:

"We continue to cooperate with the Oversight Committee and have provided more than 210,000 pages of documents The NFL has engaged former SEC chair Mary Jo White to review the serious matters raised by the committee."

The committee is sharing documents with the FTC while requesting the commission take any action necessary to make sure the money is returned to its rightful owners.

Congress launched an investigation into the team's workplace misconduct after the league did not release a report detailing the findings of an independent probe into the matter. After testimony from former employees, that investigation expanded to the organization's finances.

I do not see any way he will be able to keep the team and I am not sure he is even going to be able to stay out of Jail

https://www.nfl.com/news/congress-tells-federal-trade-commission-in-letter-commanders-may-have-broken-fin

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now