Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Ok, at least you got one part correct. In general, I don't think other people should vote. They're bad at it and it's embarrassing, and I could care less what they want.

Beyond that, I'm just trying to cover all the possibilities here. Most people don't like violent, racist lunatics, and they don't like being harangued by bureaucrats. So what happened? Best case, it's cheating or bending the rules. Worst case, people really are that stupid.

Like I said, I prefer the first explanation because it at least leaves more hope for humanity. It sort of fits with the more recent results, too. Shady California-style bullshit doesn't work as well in other more mainstream places without the big bad Trump boogeyman. Two years ago, you had a million hateful little gremlins standing by to do whatever it took to win "by any means necessary" (their words, not mine). This time, maybe not so much.

Anyway, the important part is, in any situation from flat-out cheating to a completely legitimate (though doubtful) win, they're an abomination and that way of thinking needs to be exterminated.
Ok, I'll bite.

Where are you drawing the line on who gets to vote? Only a specific party affiliation? Anyone who scores above a benchmark on an aptitude test? Go back to only landowning white dudes? You get the idea. What is the criteria for determining who gets to vote in this modified democracy?

I don't understand how a specific party is able to rig an election in Year A but not in Years B, C, and D, etc. I mean either they are capable of executing a complex interlocking conspiracy or they are not. It is kind of an either/or binary.

On top of that, what was the incentive to leverage this large-scale grift to gain only the Presidency? Why leave the Senate in such a marginal position as to allow the opposition to have any sway at all? Historically, groups willing and able to steal an election(s) are not known for their restraint and light touch. It just doesn't make a lick of sense.