Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: whats wrong with this country ?? i'll tell you

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Re: whats wrong with this country ?? i'll tell you

Quote Originally Posted by Craic View Post
    This one's simple. (I'm using your as simply a launching point for this discussion, You probably know this, Mach1). The police do not have a responsibility to defend. The Supreme Court handed down that decision Monday, June 27, 2005, which upheld an earlier 1989 decision that social services (by extension, the government) did not have a responsibility to defend a boy that was beaten by his father. So, the police officers have absolutely no constitutional or legal duty to defend the children or anyone else in public, including in a mass shooting. You can argue they have a moral responsibility to do so (and I would make that argument as well) but moral arguments do not carry the weight of law.

As a corollary, if the police have no responsibility to protect the public, then who does? The answer, is you. It is each individual's responsibility to protect him- or herself. That is why so many gun owners get upset at no-gun zones. Because it leaves them unarmed and consequently, unprotected with no reasonable expectation that someone else will step in and protect them.
    But, but, but only the police or government should have guns.
    I do know everything you stated.
    I'm just trying to imagine how they can just stand around and do nothing, lawfully or morally.

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    But, but, but only the police or government should have guns.
    I do know everything you stated.
    I'm just trying to imagine how they can just stand around and do nothing, lawfully or morally.
    It is part of the bigger problem with our culture that began around the late '90s, where pointing fingers, or pointing to a rule and throwing up your hands, became an acceptable substitute for actually dealing with the fucking problem. In this case, it means they were legally allowed to be a chickenshit, and morally there is no defense for it. As is often the case when the government starts meddling with things.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

“Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action” - Ian Fleming, Goldfinger

One Of The Largest Egg Factories In US Torched In The Middle Of The Night Amid Outbreak Of Fires In Food Processing Facilities Across The Nation

A barn that housed tens of thousands of chickens on Forsman Farm in Howard Lake, Minnesota, one of the nation’s largest egg producers, was set aflame late Saturday night.
    According to Forsman Farms, which provides more than three million eggs to the largest retailers in the country, the cause of the fire remains a mystery as investigators evaluate the scene to determine how the barn was set ablaze.

“Overnight, a fire destroyed one of our barns at our Howard Lake farm. No one was injured and we are grateful that first responders were quickly on the scene to put out the fire. Unfortunately, chickens were lost because of the fire. We are evaluating the extent of the damage – which appears to be confined to a single structure – as well as investigating the cause of the fire,” a Forsman Farms told Minnesota’s local CBS affiliate.

Law enforcement officials estimate at least 200,000 chickens were killed in the massive flame.
    While the fire left extensive damage to the property, no injuries were reported.

The Wright County Sheriff’s Office maintains the fire was likely accidental.

The fire at the commercial egg farm in Minnesota is the latest food production facility to mysteriously go up in smoke over the past year as inventory on store shelves across the United States become increasingly bare amid a fertilizer and food shortage and historic inflation.

at least 16 major fires have erupted at food industry facilities and plants over the past five months. All of the fires have been officially listed as accidental or inconclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    It is part of the bigger problem with our culture that began around the late '90s, where pointing fingers, or pointing to a rule and throwing up your hands, became an acceptable substitute for actually dealing with the fucking problem. In this case, it means they were legally allowed to be a chickenshit, and morally there is no defense for it. As is often the case when the government starts meddling with things.
    Except, the SC decision just upheld an earlier decision from 1989. In truth, I have no problem with it because the role of law enforcement is just that, to enforce laws. Not to protect the public. From day one, I'd argue the role of protection fell to the individual precisely because the framers did not want to put that much power into a government entity.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Except, the SC decision just upheld an earlier decision from 1989. In truth, I have no problem with it because the role of law enforcement is just that, to enforce laws. Not to protect the public. From day one, I'd argue the role of protection fell to the individual precisely because the framers did not want to put that much power into a government entity.
    You may be right about framers intent, I’m not a historian. But now most law enforcement agencies have mottos that say to serve and protect. There is a duty to act. Same with medical personnel, some guy choking on piece of meat it’s negligent to finish your drink and watch or film opposed to intervening.

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

while it is true the police were not created for the purpose of protecting the public despite the protect and serve motto, there duty is to stop crime. i would say someone murdering children falls into the crime category. those cowards made no attempt to stop the crime. to make the matter even more repulsive, they were hindering people who DID want to stop the crime. with all the "anomalies" , that made it easy for the shooter to access that school , such as the officer not being there that day and someone leaving an other wise locked door open , and reports of a former FBI agent being in contact, not with just this shooter but the buffalo shooter as well , the whole thing reeks of being by design.
    never under estimate the lengths the government will go to push an agenda. weapons of mass destruction anyone ?
    The Term “Conspiracy Theory” Was Invented by the CIA In Order To Prevent Disbelief of Official Government Stories

Ron Unz reports on the cold shoulder given to an extensively researched book that concludes that World War II hero General George Patton was murdered by the CIA because he became a powerful critic of Washington.

The book was ignored because the US media and public have been programmed to regard the US government as a truth-teller and those who expose government crimes as “conspiracy theorists.”

In 2013 Professor Lance Dehaven-Smith in a peer-reviewed book published by the University of Texas Press showed that the term “conspiracy theory” was developed by the CIA as a means of undercutting critics of the Warren Commission’s report that President Kennedy was killed by Oswald. The use of this term was heavily promoted in the media by the CIA
    It is ironic that the American left is a major enforcer of the CIA’s strategy to shut up skeptics by branding them conspiracy theorists

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    You may be right about framers intent, I’m not a historian. But now most law enforcement agencies have mottos that say to serve and protect. There is a duty to act. Same with medical personnel, some guy choking on piece of meat it’s negligent to finish your drink and watch or film opposed to intervening.
    Actually, try finding a "serve and protect" motto. It's strange, I know, as I remember seeing them everywhere. But except for echo chambers (such as articles about law enforcement or a speech, you will seldom see it anymore. I always wondered why it looked like a bunch of stuff was pealed off of cop cars in the mid 2000s. They removed the mottos.

EDIT: Or, they restated it so that it doesn't mean the exact same thing, such as the Motto for the LAPD:
    The Los Angeles Police Department is committed to serving the community while protecting the rights of all persons.
    Notice how they now "protect the rights" rather than straight up "protect"?

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I wasn't talking about what they're required to do, I was talking about what anyone with the tiniest bit of common sense knows you should do. The minimum required by law and the right thing to do are not the same. Like, if I saw someone drowning and didn't lift a finger to help, legally that would be just fine, but I would still be a HUGE piece of shit. And if you actually signed up for a job where you are the one upholding law and order, that counts twice as much. Who just sits on the sidelines watching something like that unfold while calculating the risk to themselves? A miserable excuse for a man, that's who.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

So they sat there....saying that they felt the shooter was 'no longer a threat'........while children and teachers were bleeding out on the floor.

It hard to process that......

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    So they sat there....saying that they felt the shooter was 'no longer a threat'........while children and teachers were bleeding out on the floor.

hard to process that and a few other things....

Shutting down the US and world economies because of a flu variant
    Goading a nuclear superpower into war
    Inflation at 8.5% officially (really more like 20%) with new unemployment claims going through the roof all the while the stock market continues to break
    records.....

That's why i look forward to just watching football

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    hard to process that and a few other things....

Shutting down the US and world economies because of a flu variant
    Goading a nuclear superpower into war
    Inflation at 8.5% officially (really more like 20%) with new unemployment claims going through the roof all the while the stock market continues to break
    records.....

That's why i look forward to just watching football
    It's almost as if the government shrinking the economy by 40% and making up the difference by printing trillions of dollars wasn't such a hot idea after all, and is the direct reason for the upcoming Democrat-caused recession.

And to make it even better - all those people who told you to follow the science and stay in your lane? Yeah, they were dead wrong from the very start. Staying home didn't save lives. There were no "healthcare heroes." None of it made any difference. It was all for nothing.

Don't worry though, there's an election in November, so I'm sure you'll get plenty of chances to have politics shoved down your throat when you're just trying to watch a football game. You may even be called "privileged" for saying you don't appreciate that. Anything to make sure you're subjected to more of Liberal ShitWorld. At least the TikTok nurses finally went away.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

That fact that the Border Patrol finally said, FUCK IT, we're going in is disgusting. They apparently watched parents being restrained by the cops and decided 30 minutes was enough. From what I've read the principal gave them a master key, they breached the door where the scumbag was and the first two guys in the room had bullet shields that immediately took gun fire. When the fire stopped they dropped one shield and the third guy through the door put a bullet in the maggot's head.

- - - Updated - - -

It's almost as if the government shrinking the economy by 40% and making up the difference by printing trillions of dollars wasn't such a hot idea after all, and is the direct reason for the upcoming Democrat-caused recession.

And to make it even better - all those people who told you to follow the science and stay in your lane? Yeah, they were dead wrong from the very start. Staying home didn't save lives. There were no "healthcare heroes." None of it made any difference. It was all for nothing.

Don't worry though, there's an election in November, so I'm sure you'll get plenty of chances to have politics shoved down your throat when you're just trying to watch a football game. You may even be called "privileged" for saying you don't appreciate that. Anything to make sure you're subjected to more of Liberal ShitWorld. At least the TikTok nurses finally went away.
    Well it wasn't for nothing. The clot shot companies all made record profits and I'm sure if you did enough digging so did most of Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post

- - - -Well it wasn't for nothing. The clot shot companies all made record profits and I'm sure if you did enough digging so did most of Congress.
    your spreading misinformation you super spreader !!! it's the safest most effective vaccine EVER !!!....now excuse me while i put on 3 more masks and go to my safe space.

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

- - - Updated - - -

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

yeah, you can't print money or add digits to a screen at this rate and expect everything to just be ok. We're headed toward pretty bad inflation because of their actions.....not really convinced either that the gov/fed is serious about fighting inflation with the way their tentatively raising rates, its too little too late. Maybe their hoping things will hold together till after the election and they can keep us distracted with Ukraine and Monkey pox in the meantime......

yeah, you can't print money or add digits to a screen at this rate and expect everything to just be ok. We're headed toward pretty bad inflation because of their actions.....not really convinced either that the gov/fed is serious about fighting inflation with the way their tentatively raising rates, its too little too late. Maybe their hoping things will hold together till after the election and they can keep us distracted with Ukraine and Monkey pox in the meantime......
    The economic damage is already done. Next will be the housing market crunch and/or foreclosure crisis, because when interest rates double or triple, mortgage payments on the same value new loan also double or triple, and then no one can afford to buy a house at the prices they are now. Then all the house flippers, and the extremely leveraged investors, and the extremely leveraged Airbnb operators who counted on the value of the underlying property to increase will go under, and it'll be blamed on banks and greedy capitalists.

As soon as that starts, a recession is coming, and it's going to be before November. Might consider selling all stocks except possibly oil and sitting on the sidelines until everything drops a good 25-30%.

Maybe their plan is to say "Recession! The government is your friend - only the government can save you! This is all because of GOP banks and billionaires like Elon Musk!" But I think people have heard enough of that bullshit and know how that turns out. So the only other plan is to scream COVID and try to have another California-style election, but people have heard enough of that bullshit and know how that turns out too. But my guess is they will try that anyway and dare anyone to do something about it, because it worked once before. You can already see them gearing up with Roe v. Wade and mass shootings as their thin explanation for why people would theoretically vote for a party that everybody hates.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The economic damage is already done. Next will be the housing market crunch and/or foreclosure crisis, because when interest rates double or triple, mortgage payments on the same value new loan also double or triple, and then no one can afford to buy a house at the prices they are now. Then all the house flippers, and the extremely leveraged investors, and the extremely leveraged Airbnb operators who counted on the value of the underlying property to increase will go under, and it'll be blamed on banks and greedy capitalists.

As soon as that starts, a recession is coming, and it's going to be before November. Might consider selling all stocks except possibly oil and sitting on the sidelines until everything drops a good 25-30%.

Maybe their plan is to say "Recession! The government is your friend - only the government can save you! This is all because of GOP banks and billionaires like Elon Musk!" But I think people have heard enough of that bullshit and know how that turns out. So the only other plan is to scream COVID and try to have another California-style election, but people have heard enough of that bullshit and know how that turns out too. But my guess is they will try that anyway and dare anyone to do something about it, because it worked once before. You can already see them gearing up with Roe v. Wade and mass shootings as their thin explanation for why people would theoretically vote for a party that everybody hates.
    they're talking about food shortages by this fall, so i don't think people in that situation will have patience for anything the dems try to pull out of their asses. By november without congressional support - Biden will be dead man walking in more ways than one.

they're talking about food shortages by this fall, so i don't think people in that situation will have patience for anything the dems try to pull out of their asses. By november without congressional support - Biden will be dead man walking in more ways than one.
    also how will people be able to afford to heat their homes this year ? God only knows what that is gonna cost me.i generally have my tanks filled around the end of august, beginning of september because i found thats usually when the prices are at their bottom. but this year ? who the hell knows.