Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: whats wrong with this country ?? i'll tell you

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Re: whats wrong with this country ?? i'll tell you

Give a lib a fish--he eats for a day

Teach a lib to fish--he is back the next day asking for more free fish.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Another BS excuse from the right.
    Ask yourself then, has anything changed in the last 20 years as far as how government runs shit? All I see is a bunch of people arguing about which rich cocksucker in office cares about them the most lol. And the answer is not at all, unless you're one of their corporate donors.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Ask yourself then, has anything changed in the last 20 years as far as how government runs shit? All I see is a bunch of people arguing about which rich cocksucker in office cares about them the most lol. And the answer is not at all, unless you're one of their corporate donors.
    And who's fault is that? The voters that's who, and most specifically the voters on the right.

- - - Updated - - -

Civil War II?

"A new civil war? Maybe so — but it won't look anything like the first one

Scholar Barbara Walter foresees 9/11-style attacks, and a sustained insurgency, rather than straight-up warfare

Barbara Walter is a professor of political science at the University of California, San Diego, and one of the world's leading experts on civil wars, political violence and terrorism. She is also a permanent member of the Council on Foreign Relations and has consulted for the State Department, the Department of Defense, the UN and the World Bank. Her essays and other commentaries have been featured at CNN, the Los Angeles Times, the Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post. Walter's new book is "How Civil Wars Start: And How to Stop Them."....

This conversation has been edited for clarity and length.

Donald Trump continues to threaten political violence against his "enemies" if he is punished for his crimes. Michael Flynn, Steve Bannon and other right-wing propagandists are also threatening political violence on a near-daily basis across the right-wing media echo chamber. The FBI and law enforcement continue to uncover potential right-wing terrorist plots. Why are so few people taking these dangers of right-wing violence seriously?

I believe it is human nature for people to not want to believe that they and their fellow citizens are capable of such things. Many people want to live in a world of wishful thinking where life is going to continue to go on in the same way that it always has.

If it is sunny today and you go to work and afterwards you have drinks with friends and then there is the weekend when you get to watch football and it's like that today, your bias is that it's always going to be that way.

People are status-quo biased. They truly believe that the way things are today is the way that things are going to be forever. As a result, many people do not see the warning signs. What is so amazing is that throughout history, violent extremists are often very public about their intentions, what their goals are and what strategy they're going to pursue to achieve those goals. Hitler is perhaps the best example. He wrote and published "Mein Kampf," laying out exactly what he intended to do. If you look at neo-Nazis and other white supremacists here in the United States and elsewhere, they have a book called "The Siege" which details exactly what their plans and intentions are.

The bible of the alt-right is a book called "The Turner Diaries." It lays out exactly how they intend to start a second civil war in the United States. "The Turner Diaries" includes an attack on the U.S. Capitol, and in that book a working gallows is erected outside the Capitol where they're going to bring "traitors" out for trial and then kill them. They're not hiding what they intend to do, and yet throughout history, the people who are at risk have not taken those messages, warnings and manifestos seriously....

At one of Trump's recent rallies, he told his followers to be ready to die to defeat "critical race theory." Michael Flynn recently told his audience he wanted them to "charge machine gun nests" in service to their cause. How do you fit these examples within your model of a second civil war or other massive violence in the United States?

One of the challenges that violent extremists have is how to expand their base of support. If they don't expand their support base, they just remain fringe movements forever. One way is to provoke a harsh government response. Let's say that there are peaceful protests, but then there are provocateurs there who try to get the police to open fire or to bash a few heads. Violence entrepreneurs will use those actions as evidence that the police or the government or the opposition are evil and intent on crushing them.

That tactic is often successful in radicalizing at least some portion of average citizens. It pushes them towards the extremists. Donald Trump is what I would describe as an "ethnic entrepreneur." He and his loyalists want to regain power. He is an autocrat. Trump has no interest in ruling democratically. But Trump is not going to get that power back without the support of the average white American. This means that Donald Trump has to convince them somehow that his is a worthy cause to defend.

How many people, in terms of a whole population, does such a movement need to take over society and impose its will on the public?

There is not much data on that question. Research suggests that perhaps 3% of the population is necessary to challenge whatever leader or group is in power. That is a quite small percentage, but if there is 3% of the American population out in the streets in a sustained way, it is actually enormous. You do not need a lot of people to start a civil war that's going to be incredibly costly to the country as a whole. All they would need are a few militia groups who are effective at targeting infrastructure and shutting down the economy............."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opin...sedgntp&cvid=ceaf96e4dd544bbd825456c679a2ab 20

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Tax the super wealthy:

Biden proposes new minimum tax on billionaires, unrealized gains

Biden's billionaire tax would reduce deficit by $360B over next 10 years
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...budget-request

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    And who's fault is that? The voters that's who, and most specifically the voters on the right.
    Both sides are at fault. Obama froze our pay for 3 years because of the financial crisis, and basically kept it frozen during the biggest market recovery since ever (I consider a 1% raise to be jack shit), he was no friend of the middle class. Not a single banker got jailed over 2008, dude was a corporate pawn.

Sure, the republicans are bought off. I look at the parties like this. The democrats will give you a nice feel-good song and dance and stab you in the back. The republicans will stab you but they'll let you know it's coming lol.

For the record I have no love for either party, which why I've always either been not voting or voting for a 3rd party

Both sides are at fault. Obama froze our pay for 3 years because of the financial crisis, and basically kept it frozen during the biggest market recovery since ever (I consider a 1% raise to be jack shit), he was no friend of the middle class. Not a single banker got jailed over 2008, dude was a corporate pawn.

Sure, the republicans are bought off. I look at the parties like this. The democrats will give you a nice feel-good song and dance and stab you in the back. The republicans will stab you but they'll let you know it's coming lol.

For the record I have no love for either party, which why I've always either been not voting or voting for a 3rd party
    Well, I certainly agree that both sides have a lot to answer to.

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

How does the President freeze anyone's pay? Are you talking about federal government employees? Private sector?

I'm too dumb today to follow your comment, and I'm sure it is worthwhile. So I thought I would ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    How does the President freeze anyone's pay? Are you talking about federal government employees? Private sector?

I'm too dumb today to follow your comment, and I'm sure it is worthwhile. So I thought I would ask.
    Federal employee, I've been since 2009. It was a good transition since military time counts toward retirement

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Federal employee, I've been since 2009. It was a good transition since military time counts toward retirement
    Got it. Yeah in that case y'all got screwed.

I feel you on that point. Statehouse keeps slashing pay pool here. They've kept doing merit and retention evaluations -- just haven't been able to fund the raises. Always nice to get a promotion with no raise.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Moderna and Pfizer donated millions to Biden in 2020. You Wake up
    Weird...Trump had deals with Moderna and Pfizer financed his inauguration. Double agents...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Weird...Trump had deals with Moderna and Pfizer financed his inauguration. Double agents...
    not surprised, politicians from both parties are bought off. Pharma has way too much control. The three bigs behind the vaccines funneled millions to Biden, I know that.

Prior to 1997 they were not allowed to advertise on TV. Now thanks to allowances by the FDA it’s a constant barrage of pharmaceutical advertisements. It’s a whole new world

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

And now that all of Clinton's campaign managers and workers are coming out saying they basically made up the Russian collusion stuff with Cankles blessing ... NOTHING will happen. Look at how many BILLIONS of government dollars were wasted chasing this false narrative and as usual they are above the law and no one will be punished. How much did the Robert Mueller probe cost us? And yet he found NOTHING but a bunch of low level guys in Russia who were trying to bribe people (none of them connected to Trump at all). The whole Paul Manafort nonsense were charges, Manafort did back in 2012 with another party and another company, but the MSM just ran with it and failed to ever point any of those facts out.

And yet Joe Biden is basically caught on video bragging about withholding aid to the Ukraine (the very same thing Pelosi and crew tried to impeach Trump over) unless an investigator is fired. We later find out it was the same investigator that was investigating the company that was paying his crackhead son $83K/month to "sit" on their board even though he never showed up to one board meeting. When you brought that fact up the response from the left and MSM (one and the same) was, "well he was a corrupt investigator." Sure he was.

Why do you think the MSM is so pro-Ukraine? It is where BOTH parties go to launder tax payer money back to themselves. Trump knew this and exposed it. He threatened to overturn their money trough cart and the world hated him for it. I'm really surprised Trump wasn't JFK'd to be honest.

Just to be clear I'm not a Republican or Democrat. I have been an Independent since I first started voting in 1986. I think both parties are scum and both work to enrich themselves. I hated Trump's personality but I was also smart enough to see he was telling the truth about them and the swamp more often than he was lying. His biggest problem was his ego. I really hope Ron DeSantis wins in 2024 because he could bring the same thing to the table that Trump brought, only with intelligence and tack that Trump was never capable of.
    Last edited by EzraTank; 05-23-2022 at 02:02 PM.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Liberals ... the people who have fallen for so much disinformation for so long, that they had to create their own government agency to certify their disinformation as true.

All this rather than admit the obvious: The Party sold you a line of bullshit. Scary the lengths sone people will go to pretend they haven't been duped.

Here's some advice: Stop doubling down. You already busted.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Liberals ... the people who have fallen for so much disinformation for so long, that they had to create their own government agency to certify their disinformation as true.

All this rather than admit the obvious: The Party sold you a line of bullshit. Scary the lengths sone people will go to pretend they haven't been duped.

So says Mr. Dupe himself.

here's one that admits it. moron says they expected biden to suck, but they voted for him anyway. i guess they hated mean tweets more than they liked their bank account or freedom. what baffles me is how people cant see that all these horrible decisions , policies and gaslighting are being done with the purpose of destroying the country as we know it. they arent even trying to hide it anymore.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    here's one that admits it. moron says they expected biden to suck, but they voted for him anyway. i guess they hated mean tweets more than they liked their bank account or freedom. what baffles me is how people cant see that all these horrible decisions , policies and gaslighting are being done with the purpose of destroying the country as we know it. they arent even trying to hide it anymore.

Oh wow, that lady? She was one of the most unhinged, openly racist wingnuts the left had to offer. Didn't she run for some office and get laughed out of the race? When they've lost people like that, they really fucked up.

Well, I guess it just goes to show that casting a blank ballot for the man behind the curtain isn't nearly as cool as they thought it would be. Although what's frightening is, I bet this lady thinks Biden is a disgrace because he's not progressive enough, not because he's just, you know, a disgrace.

That reminds me - I wonder who's actually running the country these days? It sure isn't Joe Biden, or the whore who couldn't even get 1% of the Democrat vote. How interesting.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Great article on people that voted "against" Trump:

https://pjmedia.com/columns/kevindow...arted-n1600100

A friend told me yesterday he voted for Biden because he was tired of Trump’s “drama.” He said he “didn’t vote for Jared Kushner or Ivanka” and didn’t like them “hanging around” the White House.

“Right message, wrong guy,” he said of Trump.
    My buddy considers himself a “non-Trumping, Democrat-hating conservative.” I guess his “non-Trumping” bias trumped (heh-heh) his hatred of Democrats.
    He claimed he had “no idea things would get this bad under Biden.”
    My friend also doesn’t like the far-left judge in the Bronx who has a habit of releasing violent criminals from jail. He lives nearby.
    “She’s causing a one-woman crime wave,” my friend lamented. He fears for his family’s safety and worries about his 2-year-old granddaughter’s future.

My response to him was, “You get what you vote for.”
    “But I didn’t vote for this,” he argued.
    Yes, he did.
    Life under Trump was great. We as a nation were already rebounding from the “pandemic.” Gas was cheap and inflation wasn’t an issue. We were energy-independent. Putin’s dream of reuniting the band, the Soviet Union, was postponed and his tanks were sitting cold and getting rusty.

And my friend had a problem with Jared and Ivanka?

That
    is how good we had it — you had to whine about “Jared and Ivanka” or “Trump’s drama” when you wanted to find something to complain about.

I have no sympathy for people who voted for Biden, but I still don’t want them to struggle financially. I am opposed to ghouls on ebay sodomizing new parents who are desperate for baby formula. I hate that people are spending so much on gas and groceries that they can’t afford the things that make life happier, like vacations, steak, and a night out with the family.
    Don’t get me wrong; I don’t believe for a minute that Biden won the 2020 election. I know that if my friend had voted for Trump, it wouldn’t have mattered in the blue state of New York.
    But people need to learn from their mistakes, and they need to realize how bad Democrats are for this country. My friend needs to worry about his family so much that he never votes donkey again. He needs to miss his grandaughter because his son can’t afford the gas to drive an hour and 15 minutes to the usual Sunday family dinner.
    My friend works in the entertainment industry, an industry that relies heavily on people having an expendable income. He needs to worry about paying his mortgage, like everyone else. He is starting to do just that.
    The bottom line is this: my friend needs to feel what everyone else is feeling and, more importantly, he needs to learn from his mistakes.
    He also needs to get over “mean tweets,” Ivanka and Jared, and his own ego. Most importantly, he needs to accept that we still have over two years before the next election, and that election, like the 2020 election (in my opinion), could mean nothing. Despite mountains of evidence, my friend doesn’t believe the Democrats cheated in 2020.
    I told him to expect things to get way worse before they get better. Joe Biden agrees with me.

“How can the most experienced politician in Washington f*** up this badly?” he asked. That’s when I guffawed.
    “This isn’t a mistake,” I told him. “This is intentional.”
    I explained to him that I believe all this misery is leading us a step closer to socialism and communism. That’s when he made a tinfoil hat joke. But he couldn’t tell me why the Democrats have gutted our economy, started a crime wave, and lead us into gas, baby formula, and food shortages — you know, like commies have always done historically.

I asked him if he will vote for Trump if he runs in 2024.
    “Unfortunately, I will have to,” he whined. “But my bet is, if there is someone who can deliver Trump’s policies but isn’t Donald Trump, they will win in a landslide. Nobody cheated in 2020; Biden just isn’t a jackass — or so I thought.”
    The most striking thing I learned from my conversation with my non-Trumping, Democrat-hating yet Biden-voting friend is this: there are still people, even men in their 60s, who will vote against their best interests if a candidate hurts their tender little feelings. Cry me a river. And if you couldn’t see that Biden is a jackass …

Quest For Seven Array title="Mach1 has a reputation beyond repute"> Mach1's Avatar

Lets go brandon.

EXPLAINED: Our 8.5% inflation actually is MUCH HIGHER

America’s inflation just hit 8.5% — the highest it’s risen since 1981. At least…that’s what the media, the Biden administration, and the Federal Reserve SAYS. But if you calculate inflation the same way economists and politicians did in the 1980s (which the website ShadowStats has already done), our rate today is closer to 17.15 PERCENT! Carol Roth, financial expert and author of ‘The War On Small Business’ joins Glenn to explain the TRUE state of our current economy…
    https://www.glennbeck.com/radio/expl...is-much-higher

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

That reminds me - I wonder who's actually running the country these days? It sure isn't Joe Biden, or the whore who couldn't even get 1% of the Democrat vote. How interesting.
    it aint Joe and its not the politicians

George Carlin gave the answer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXhZyAOuyhE

and this was six years ago, the vice grips have gotten stronger since then

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

i bet there wont be any coverage from the STATE PROPAGANDA media about the LEGALLY armed female citizen who dropped a thug in Charleston WV that was in the the processes of hosing down a graduation party with lead. shockingly the perp had an extensive record and was not legally allowed to possess a firearm. i guess convicted felons dont pay attention to gun laws. the charleston police spokesman said the law abiding legal gun owner with a carry permit may have saved 20 to 30 lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    it is almost as if the police were told to stand down. reminds me of 9/11 when the air force didnt dispatch fighter jets to intercept the "hijacked" passenger jets that were off course, despite being protocol. that question still hasnt been answered.

Who Commanded our Air Force to 'Stand Down' on 911
    by Victor Thorn

Of all the peculiarities, unanswered questions, and things that simply don't add up about the 9-11 terrorist attacks, the one aspect that keeps nagging at me revolves around our military's incredible lack of response to the hijacking of four airliners.
    Anyone who investigates this matter will soon find that the United States Air Force and the FAA both have established procedures that have been in place for at least 25 years regarding planes that veer abnormally off course. Specifically, federal law MANDATES that the Air Force must dispatch a plane to investigate why a certain craft has strayed from its predestined route. These interceptors are only allowed to shoot an airliner from the sky under orders from the President, but that doesn't negate that they are still required to investigate the situation in a timely manner.
    Yet, on 9-11, NO ONE FOLLOWED ORDERS! Why? Who gave these orders? Plus, Washington, D.C. has the most restricted air space in the country, yet from 9:03 a.m., when the second tower was hit, to 9:47 a.m. when the Pentagon came under attack ... when the Air Force KNEW that a jet was headed toward the Capitol, no planes were dispatched to intercept it. Who gave the orders for these planes to 'stand down,' and, God forbid, were some even called back after they had taken off?

To begin understanding how appalling this situation is, we first need to know that there are at least twelve or more National Guard and Air Force installations in close proximity to the World Trade Center and Pentagon. Plus, Andrews Air Force Base is only ten miles from the heart of Washington, D.C. Why wasn't something done to avert this catastrophe, and why isn't the mainstream media asking some very hard questions regarding this deliberately ordered "crime"?

Yes, I said crime, and once you get a load of the following timeline, you'll concur with this strong terminology. Between 7:59 a.m. – 8:10 a.m., the airliners that would ultimately crash into the WTC and Pentagon were hijacked. By 8:15 a.m., air traffic controllers knew that these planes were in trouble. At this point, the Air Force should have dispatched, per standard operating procedures, fighters that would determine why these jets veered from their normal route. By 8:15 a.m.! continued... https://www.wanttoknow.info/911standdown

Quote Originally Posted by Mach1 View Post
    ~~ Picture
    This one's simple. (I'm using your as simply a launching point for this discussion, You probably know this, Mach1). The police do not have a responsibility to defend. The Supreme Court handed down that decision Monday, June 27, 2005, which upheld an earlier 1989 decision that social services (by extension, the government) did not have a responsibility to defend a boy that was beaten by his father. So, the police officers have absolutely no constitutional or legal duty to defend the children or anyone else in public, including in a mass shooting. You can argue they have a moral responsibility to do so (and I would make that argument as well) but moral arguments do not carry the weight of law.

As a corollary, if the police have no responsibility to protect the public, then who does? The answer, is you. It is each individual's responsibility to protect him- or herself. That is why so many gun owners get upset at no-gun zones. Because it leaves them unarmed and consequently, unprotected with no reasonable expectation that someone else will step in and protect them.