Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The NFL is a Joke

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Re: The NFL is a Joke

we need more white running backs and cornerbacks, otherwise we should change the names to running black and cornerblack

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

While we’re at it, can someone explain what minority race Mike McDaniel (Dolphins HC) is? He looks like the white nerd next door.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

The left is going to destroy this country with this nonsense. This shit hits home to me because my kids are dealing with it in our schools now. MLK would be rolling over in his grave today.

Just pass laws that enforce equality and leave the rest of the equity, "quotas" and mandates out. If everyone has the same opportunities then it is up to that individual. Imagine if you went to the NBA and said every team has to be 60% white because that is the population of this country? It's f'n stupid.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Don't we already have laws about discrimination already?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    Don't we already have laws about discrimination already?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Yes, that's why MANDATING teams hire people based on the way they look and not simply because of their qualification is breaking those very laws on discrimination.

Senior Member Array title="BnG_Hevn has much to be proud of"> BnG_Hevn's Avatar
    Battleball Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    The NFL is a business with a high profile. If a high profile employee of Pepsi or Walmart was charged (and possibly convicted) with assault, that person would lose his job, and career. Staying out, or getting out, of prison doesn't guarantee someone the right to earn a living at their desired vocation. But like I said, sleazy owners only want to line their pockets with potential super bowl winners. If the Steelers signed Tyreek, I'd likely turn them off.
    Why is it that people insist on comparing NFL players to people working for normal businesses? I guarantee that if the employee of WM or Pepsi was a direct result of the company clearing X dollars, they'd retain their job too. Or, if they let him go, Coke or K-Mart would pick him up if they felt he could make them money.

NFL is all about the cash. If a player can earn a team cash (and that team has no morals) then the player gets signed. Period.
    “They say all marriages are made in heaven, but so are thunder and lightning.”
    ― Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BnG_Hevn View Post
    Why is it that people insist on comparing NFL players to people working for normal businesses? I guarantee that if the employee of WM or Pepsi was a direct result of the company clearing X dollars, they'd retain their job too. Or, if they let him go, Coke or K-Mart would pick him up if they felt he could make them money.

NFL is all about the cash. If a player can earn a team cash (and that team has no morals) then the player gets signed. Period.
    That’s why their policies are a JOKE.