Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Browns brass shitting thier pants right about now

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Browns brass shitting thier pants right about now

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Even then…it’s possible you can return to the NFL.
    it is .... but one would have to wonder what kind of player he would be 2 years removed from his last meaningful snap ( I mean he didn't play a down in 2021 and is suspended entire 2022 ,he very well could be a changed player unworthy of that kind of contract and maybe unworthy of even starting )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    it is .... but one would have to wonder what kind of player he would be 2 years removed from his last meaningful snap ( I mean he didn't play a down in 2021 and is suspended entire 2022 ,he very well could be a changed player unworthy of that kind of contract and maybe unworthy of even starting )
    Absolutely. Being removed two years is huge. He can be “in shape” but he’s not in playing shape…far from it.

It’s possible though…a few players have done it and played well. Deion Sanders, Ricky Williams are two I can remember who did well. I think Randy Moss was one too but he wasn’t that productive.

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Age also has something to do with it. I doubt the "being in shape" thing will have much to do with it, given his age. But how does all this affect him between the ears? Let's hope he's mentally weak.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Cleveland doing Cleveland things.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Class matters.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Cleveland doing Cleveland things.
    They always find ways to lose. Lose games, money, players (to suspension). It's just the DNA of their franchise.

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Browns Trade Baker Mayfield to Panthers

The trade sends Mayfield to the Panthers in exchange for 2024 conditional fifth-round pick. Carolina and Cleveland will split Mayfield's salary this season, and the quarterback has agreed to cut out $3.5 million from his season total, according to NFL Network.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Sam Darnold is available for those that were interested in that slop last season…

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Sam Darnold is available for those that were interested in that slop last season…
    Sam "Seeing Ghosts" Darnold? No thanks. Wasn't interested then and certainly not now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Sam "Seeing Ghosts" Darnold? No thanks. Wasn't interested then and certainly not now.
    Nor should you be…lol

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

could the panthers convince pete carrol to make a similiar deal for Darnold ? seattle needs another turd in the punch bowl. drew lock and geno smith ?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I can think of 1 or 2 reasons that the Browns wouldn’t want Baker on their team… but, it’s not like I can think of 66 reasons.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Stains got a 5th round pick for Baker Manziel?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    If Brissett means fewer turnovers he could be a huge upgrade actually. Injured Baker tried to make plays he just wasn't able to make and hurt his team instead. Brissett might be formidable in Cleveland.

There's a Steelers Depot article about the Browns might bring in Jimmy G is Watson gets a big suspension. How much QB money would that add up to all together? Just keep digging. There's gotta be a pony in here somewhere.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

To think just a little over a year ago the Browns were celebrating their first playoff win in 26 years and returning a roster with all of their starters. The arrow was pointing up, but Browns gonna Brown.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    To think just a little over a year ago the Browns were celebrating their first playoff win in 26 years and returning a roster with all of their starters. The arrow was pointing up, but Browns gonna Brown.
    God, that is so true! The Factory of Sadness rears its ugly head once again.

Was Mayfield a great, top-tier NFL QB? No. Was he good enough to win games? Yes. What a nice reward for a QB who finally gets you back to the post-season. The Browns ownership are like a kid who drops one gift just to snatch at another he thinks may be better. I hope they go 0-17 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    God, that is so true! The Factory of Sadness rears its ugly head once again.

Was Mayfield a great, top-tier NFL QB? No. Was he good enough to win games? Yes. What a nice reward for a QB who finally gets you back to the post-season. The Browns ownership are like a kid who drops one gift just to snatch at another he thinks may be better. I hope they go 0-17 lol.
    I’d love to see Mayfield succeed with the Panthers. Also would love to see him moving into a “new home with Baker Mayfield”.

How much is Baker getting paid by the Browns week1 to try to beat them? Something like $500K? And I do think it will be Baker. If the Panthers thought it could be Darnold they probably wouldn't have drafted Corral or traded for Baker. I don't think the Panthers have anyone on their defense that can tackle the Browns RBs so I would take the Browns to win as of today, but both team's starting QBs will be on the Browns' payroll. Hilarious!

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Browns gonna brown!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Ben got 6 games reduced to 4 for 2 claims that never seen charges or a grand jury , 1 with a drunk woman who later didnt wanna own her drunken decisions and one with a woman who was likely scorned because she had dinner with him the Night AFTER it supposedly happened ( who does that ?? ) .... IMO this should be a lifetime ban or at the very least 2 years (in addition to the year he took off as a Texan)

It was announced on June 21 that Watson had reached confidential settlements with 20 of the 24 women who have filed civil lawsuits alleging he committed sexual misconduct.

Buzbee said in his Friday statement that the four remaining cases against Watson will continue.

now the Texans settle with all the plaintiffs ..... so some rich "massage therapists" laying err running around down in Houston ...

https://www.nfl.com/news/texans-reac...watson-allegat
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Ben got 6 games reduced to 4 for 2 claims that never seen charges or a grand jury , 1 with a drunk woman who later didnt wanna own her drunken decisions and one with a woman who was likely scorned because she had dinner with him the Night AFTER it supposedly happened ( who does that ?? ) .... IMO this should be a lifetime ban or at the very least 2 years (in addition to the year he took off as a Texan)

It was announced on June 21 that Watson had reached confidential settlements with 20 of the 24 women who have filed civil lawsuits alleging he committed sexual misconduct.

Buzbee said in his Friday statement that the four remaining cases against Watson will continue.

now the Texans settle with all the plaintiffs ..... so some rich "massage therapists" laying err running around down in Houston ...

https://www.nfl.com/news/texans-reac...watson-allegat
    It’s a lot easier to take the no charge and pay a couple bucks that they can afford than to risk a fuck up by a judge, jury, lawyer and be charged guilty. Sometimes the easiest is pay to go away…regardless of the truth.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

It’s a lot easier to take the no charge and pay a couple bucks that they can afford than to risk a fuck up by a judge, jury, lawyer and be charged guilty. Sometimes the easiest is pay to go away…regardless of the truth.
    The problem for Watson is that when you pay out you don’t get to control the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    The problem for Watson is that when you pay out you don’t get to control the narrative.
    That’s really the case with anyone that pays out. You don’t control the narrative but the problem disappears faster than if you draw it out and then are found guilty.

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Ben's only crime was fucking with a sub-5 chick when he's a celebrity, I was like come on man, seriously

That’s really the case with anyone that pays out. You don’t control the narrative but the problem disappears faster than if you draw it out and then are found guilty.
    True. But it also depends. For some, just the allegation is a career killer. Of course, if you have physical talent, that's not the case in the NFL. Doesn't change my mind that he's a creep though.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    True. But it also depends. For some, just the allegation is a career killer. Of course, if you have physical talent, that's not the case in the NFL. Doesn't change my mind that he's a creep though.
    Definite creep of some sort…

I think he did something, I also think that the lawyers against him have some piled on some maybe questionable “cases” as well.

Did you ever massage Watson? Yes? Did he ever move his arm and bump or graze your leg? Yes? Wanna try to earn some quick cash? Yes? Sign here…

I find it hard to believe if the allegations were equally bad across the board, one woman would’ve said something to someone…at that volume. Maybe not…

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

would love to see him moving into a “new home with Baker Mayfield”.

I don't give a shit what really happened or what people do in their off time, I just want to see the Browns get screwed over cause it's funny
    Formerly known as Fire Goodell