Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Browns brass shitting thier pants right about now

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Re: Browns brass shitting thier pants right about now

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Yeah, I guess it's not a big deal, unless it was your sister that got assaulted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    This morning on the radio, Keyshawn said that he would have suspended Watson the entire 2022 season and fined him $46M. That’s his average earning per season. He went on to say how it doesn’t matter who’s sister, daughter, mother it was, the act is what should be punished.
    Remind me again what he's been convicted of?

See, this is why it's not a good idea for companies to set up their own extrajudicial public trial systems. It tends to convince people that accusation is the same as guilt.

Don't forget - this is all for PR. There is a whole system set up to establish guilt. In that system, they said we looked at the evidence and it's not even enough to charge you with anything. Yet even a majority of of normally perfectly reasonable people act the same as if the NFL decision is a verdict from a court and go around saying what if it was your daughter. A company PR hearing. I don't think you need me to explain all the negative implications of that.

"But everyone knows the system favors the rich and famous!" some will say. Well, then that is a bigger problem if you are concerned about it. But expecting the NFL to solve it for you is just lazy. It's a PR trial. I cannot repeat that too many times.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Remind me again what he's been convicted of?

See, this is why it's not a good idea for companies to set up their own extrajudicial public trial systems. It tends to convince people that accusation is the same as guilt.

Don't forget - this is all for PR. There is a whole system set up to establish guilt. In that system, they said we looked at the evidence and it's not even enough to charge you with anything. Yet even a majority of of normally perfectly reasonable people act the same as if the NFL decision is a verdict from a court and go around saying what if it was your daughter. A company PR hearing. I don't think you need me to explain all the negative implications of that.

"But everyone knows the system favors the rich and famous!" some will say. Well, then that is a bigger problem if you are concerned about it. But expecting the NFL to solve it for you is just lazy. It's a PR trial. I cannot repeat that too many times.
    He’s been convicted of being an idiot and putting himself in terrible situations. Situations that can be avoided. Same thing Ben was convicted of.

He “tarnished the shield”. It is what it is. Tarnish the shield, get suspended. It’s really that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He’s been convicted of being an idiot and putting himself in terrible situations. Situations that can be avoided. Same thing Ben was convicted of.

He “tarnished the shield”. It is what it is. Tarnish the shield, get suspended. It’s really that simple.
    Well I don't see anyone going around saying "This is a joke, he should get a harsher suspension because he tarnished the shield so much," they say "what if it was your sister or your daughter."

It's like this really passive-aggressive dysfunctuonal system where it doesn't really prove anything, except it does, except it doesn't, but it does ... and it doesn't actually matter, except it does, except it doesn't, except it does.

Overall, I don't even care who's guilty of what or not - the world is better off with less things like that in it, not more.

And that includes both the NFL and its players, because this type of thing is like trying to cover up the tarnish on the shield by smearing shit all over it instead. I guess the stupidest people will say, "See? You can't see the tarnish now, genius!"
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    " they say "what if it was your sister or your daughter.""

he wouldn't have to worry about the 11 game suspension or the 5 million in fine money ....

just sayin
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Senior Member Array title="DuckHodges has a reputation beyond repute"> DuckHodges's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Are you surprised? These are the same people that backed Myles Garrett literally doing an attempted murder on live TV

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

When the NFL and quarterback Deshaun Watson agreed to an 11-game suspension and $5 million fine, a case could have been made that it would have been better for the Browns to have Watson miss a full year. That would have truly suspended Watson’s contract, pushing it back by a full year, keeping him under contract through 2027, and slashing his salary in 2023 from $46 million to the veteran minimum for a player with his level of experience (currently, that’s $1.035 million).

Some within league circles may have thought the same thing. As noted by Peter King in his new Football Morning in America column, a “prominent team executive” recently said this: “I think there were multiple owners who didn’t want Deshaun Watson suspended for the season, and told Roger Goodell that.”

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    Was it worth alienating Baker Mayfield over this?
    We will see.