Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deshaun Watson Decides To Waive No Trade Clause To Go To…

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Deshaun Watson Decides To Waive No Trade Clause To Go To…

…the Cleveland Browns…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Deshaun Watson Decides To Waive No Trade Clause To Go To…

Kareem Hunt and Deshaun Watson on the same team in the same city…look out Cleveland…

Reporting that compensation is three first round picks plus additional picks. No word on any players yet.

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

anyone else think these contracts are getting a tad bit out of control ? eventually having a franchise QB will be a handy cap for a team. miss on a few top draft picks and you will have no chance to be competitive after paying 20-25% of your cap to one guy. star rookies with rookie contracts will be a must to offset the cost.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Alternate Headline:

Creepy Douchebag Finds Perfect Home.

- - - Updated - - -

Now lets hope the league comes down with a lengthy suspension!

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

I guess Baker will get to get out of Cleveland now...good for him. Considering the Browns are the Browns, I expect that Watson's career has now plateaued ...lol

I can't imagine him CHOOSING Cleveland..lol

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    I guess Baker will get to get out of Cleveland now...good for him. Considering the Browns are the Browns, I expect that Watson's career has now plateaued ...lol

I can't imagine him CHOOSING Cleveland..lol
    Thinking Seattle or Indy are the landing spots for Baker.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

All his legal shit aside how many here would have done the trade. The contract is insane though, not sure what the CAP numbers will look like.

But hey at least we now have the 4th best QB in the AFC North, I really wanted this guy to go to the NFC.

I would the do the trade if that were the compensation. If it were closer to Rodgers deal with that being the price, I would’ve possibly done it. $230 guaranteed is caaaaaarazzzzzzzzy!

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

The contract is nuts (230 million fully guaranteed, cap hit 46 million per year, 22.1% of the cap) and three first rounders is even more nuts, even for a Top 5 franchise QB. But even a franchise QB can't win games without a good team.

I'd much rather have Trubisky, a good O-Line (which we don't have, but need badly), a good running game, and a great defense.

But then again, we're the Steelers after all. Running game and strong Defense just is our way and we certainly would not be able to keep that if we gave 22.1% of the cap to one player.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    I would the do the trade if that were the compensation. If it were closer to Rodgers deal with that being the price, I would’ve possibly done it. $230 guaranteed is caaaaaarazzzzzzzzy!
    Same here. Three first for a 26 year old starter who would have instantly gave us the best QB in the division, especially at running Canada's offense. Sure people will complain about his legal issues, but just like Kareem Hunt and the child beater in KC in a year it would be forgotten.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Same here. Three first for a 26 year old starter who would have instantly gave us the best QB in the division, especially at running Canada's offense. Sure people will complain about his legal issues, but just like Kareem Hunt and the child beater in KC in a year it would be forgotten.
    Yet somehow you haven’t forgotten.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Browns had to do something. Rest of roster was in win right darn now mode and Baker…not as much.

But this is certainly one big ass roll of the dice.

This doesn’t work out, everyone’s getting fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Browns had to do something. Rest of roster was in win right darn now mode and Baker…not as much.

But this is certainly one big ass roll of the dice.

This doesn’t work out, everyone’s getting fired.
    I’m counting on that last sentence. It is Cleveland!

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

The Browns wanted "an adult" leading their team........so they give the keys to the castle to a guy that can't control himself around women and who appears to be a serial sexual predator.

I hope Deshaun Watson redeems himself personally and becomes a better human.....but I hope this entire thing blows up on the Browns and crushes the franchise for the next decade.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

You probably will take this the wrong way, but... Your last QB was "acussed" of some of the same shit as Watson. But, here you are "judging" ???

The Steelers are a great organisation, no doubt but... they/you aren't any better than the rest of the teams/fans in the league... even though you see yourselves as so.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Yet somehow you haven’t forgotten.
    How do you mean? It was just in the news last Friday. I'm talking about a year from now. Watson will probably get suspended for 6-8 games but after that will play with everyone forgetting.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j-d-s View Post
    The contract is nuts (230 million fully guaranteed, cap hit 46 million per year, 22.1% of the cap) and three first rounders is even more nuts, even for a Top 5 franchise QB. But even a franchise QB can't win games without a good team.
    Indeed. Look at the Texans with Watson as proof of that.

I'm talking about a year from now. Watson will probably get suspended for 6-8 games but after that will play with everyone forgetting.
    I don't see how you can say that when we heard "Rapistburger" for 12 years. Nothing like this is ever really forgotten.

How do you mean? It was just in the news last Friday. I'm talking about a year from now. Watson will probably get suspended for 6-8 games but after that will play with everyone forgetting.
    I mean you’re still calling him a child beater. You haven’t forgotten. I’m glad you haven’t. He’s scum.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    You probably will take this the wrong way, but... Your last QB was "acussed" of some of the same shit as Watson. But, here you are "judging" ???

The Steelers are a great organisation, no doubt but... they/you aren't any better than the rest of the teams/fans in the league... even though you see yourselves as so.
    Thanks for the education.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Fair outside perspective.

In a sense, sticking with your established QB through some awful actions and allegations is different than shoveling heaps of draft and cap resources at a team to take on a potential truckload of terrible.

All in all, I get why the Browns (or any other team) would do this. But it’s gross.

Just like Roethlisberger’s greasy slicked back hair apologizing press conference was gross.

In a sense, sticking with your established QB through some awful actions and allegations is different than shoveling heaps of draft and cap resources at a team to take on a potential truckload of terrible.

All in all, I get why the Browns (or any other team) would do this. But it’s gross.

Just like Roethlisberger’s greasy slicked back hair apologizing press conference was gross.
    Agree.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Fair inside perspective but not really. Both teams are paying/paid players big money because they like their talent more than they care about how they treat women.

No big surprise though considering:

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

any predictions on where baker mayfield ends up ? Indy ? Carolina ? seattle ? new orleans ?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    any predictions on where baker mayfield ends up ? Indy ? Carolina ? seattle ? new orleans ?
    Detroit

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

How can we take it any other way than what it is, and you have said this exact same thing in another thread. If you don’t like posters opinions……stop coming around.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    How can we take it any other way than what it is, and you have said this exact same thing in another thread. If you don’t like posters opinions……stop coming around.
    A little touchy? I rarely ever post in the Steelers forum but, when I do, it's always respectful... I hope. This is the Around the NFL forum, so I figure I can comment on the topics posted in here... and be a little honest with a bit of tact. If I have failed to do that I apologize.

I knew my comment wouldn't be popular... and I understand. Maybe get some thicker skin... or try looking at/evaluating what was said without the black and gold glasses on?

If the majority of posters in this forum would like for me to refrain from posting my opinions and takes on topics in this forum because sometimes I don't slobber all over the Steelers or their fans, at times, I will quit posting here.