Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deshaun Watson Decides To Waive No Trade Clause To Go To…

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Deshaun Watson Decides To Waive No Trade Clause To Go To…

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    A little touchy? I rarely ever post in the Steelers forum but, when I do, it's always respectful... I hope. This is the Around the NFL forum, so I figure I can comment on the topics posted in here... and be a little honest with a bit of tact. If I have failed to do that I apologize.

I knew my comment wouldn't be popular... and I understand. Maybe get some thicker skin... or try looking at/evaluating what was said without the black and gold glasses on?

If the majority of posters in this forum would like for me to refrain from posting my opinions and takes on topics in this forum because sometimes I don't slobber all over the Steelers or their fans, at times, I will quit posting here.
    Now who’s got thin skin? Suck it up and keep posting.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Now who’s got thin skin? Suck it up and keep posting.
    Thin skin... me??? Not hardly! Not sure how my reply was taken as thin skin, but, if you say so.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Thin skin... me??? Not hardly! Not sure how my reply was taken as thin skin, but, if you say so.
    I agree with your original post and take it a step further, what Ben accused of was worse than Watson IMO. I’m glad the chapter is over for many reasons. I personally couldn’t give a shit if it’s unpopular. Ben was a douche most of his career. He was a great qb though.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

A little touchy? I rarely ever post in the Steelers forum but, when I do, it's always respectful... I hope. This is the Around the NFL forum, so I figure I can comment on the topics posted in here... and be a little honest with a bit of tact. If I have failed to do that I apologize.

I knew my comment wouldn't be popular... and I understand. Maybe get some thicker skin... or try looking at/evaluating what was said without the black and gold glasses on?

If the majority of posters in this forum would like for me to refrain from posting my opinions and takes on topics in this forum because sometimes I don't slobber all over the Steelers or their fans, at times, I will quit posting here.
    Not touchy…..say what you want to say, but why start with, “YOU will probably take this the wrong way”. I realize it’s “Around the NFL”, but “YOU” pretty much is directed at Steelers fans, which is most of the people on this board. And yes you were being judgmental yourself, and you’ve written it before.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Not touchy…..say what you want to say, but why start with, “YOU will probably take this the wrong way”. I realize it’s “Around the NFL”, but “YOU” pretty much is directed at Steelers fans, which is most of the people on this board. And yes you were being judgmental yourself, and you’ve written it before.
    We are all just human. We all judge. I'm no different. I was also drinking a bit when I posted that... I should know better at this point...lol.

It just raises my ire when I see hypocrisy. I usually don't respond, but alcohol tends to lower one's better judgement about saying certain things. I apoligize to you and anyone else that may have been offended by what I posted.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

We are all just human. We all judge. I'm no different. I was also drinking a bit when I posted that... I should know better at this point...lol.

It just raises my ire when I see hypocrisy. I usually don't respond, but alcohol tends to lower one's better judgement about saying certain things. I apoligize to you and anyone else that may have been offended by what I posted.
    I think we are all(mostly all) adult enough to have open and honest discussions on here. Even if/when that gets somewhat offensive. We also all know if Gruden had been a Ben or Watson level QB he would not have been fired from his job either. There's hypocrisy and then there's smart business. Fans are gonna fan too and Steelers/Browns gets personal immediately.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

I don't think Ben ever denied being a jerk, I just believe the Steelers did not believe he was a rapist and had trusted him to turn his life around. He did that and more, because I truly believe the Steelers would have cut him in a heartbeat if he did not. It's well documented by now that other teams did not believe him or know him as well and passed on him.

Ben then quietly worked behind the scenes to be a good family man and earn the trust of his employers and fans. For that, he has my respect. And truth be told, I think the trust of the Steelers and his family is all that matters to him.

The large number of accusations circling Watson makes me think that he was more than a jerk and he denies it. He pleaded the 5th amendment 150 times. That's the difference. I believe the Steelers took a good hard look at who Deshaun is and was accused of and decided to take a hard pass.

Maybe Watson will change his life like Ben did. Or maybe he's just as bad as he looks. And if he is, will the Browns have guts to do what's right after selling the farm for him?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

You probably will take this the wrong way, but... Your last QB was "acussed" of some of the same shit as Watson. But, here you are "judging" ???

my only issue is lack of context .. Ben accused twice , once in a bar bathroom with a drunk woman who's friends pushed the narrative not the actual supposed victim , the other woman was seen out at dinner with Ben the night AFTER the "attack" was supposed to have happened ....

I dunno about you but I find it rather odd a supposed victim would go to dinner with someone who supposedly attacked them less than 24 hours prior ...

2 accounts vs 22 accounts ..... pretty drastic difference as well ....

that said I am not convinced either are guilty of any crime and when cases go to $$$ court ( that is what I call civil court because in these cases nobody is trying to get justice they are trying to get paid via a court system that does not require nearly as much proof as a criminal court and in some cases virtually no evidence at all just better story tellers ) ....

either way nobody truly knows what happened other than those present ( and in some cases such as the drunk girl in the bathroom ) maybe not even all those present know ....

we are only left to surmise based on what gets reported and if we have learned anything at all about the media they are full of shit most of the time and report what gets clicks and or ratings ... Tell-Lie-Vision is no better
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    my only issue is lack of context .. Ben accused twice , once in a bar bathroom with a drunk woman who's friends pushed the narrative not the actual supposed victim , the other woman was seen out at dinner with Ben the night AFTER the "attack" was supposed to have happened ....

I dunno about you but I find it rather odd a supposed victim would go to dinner with someone who supposedly attacked them less than 24 hours prior ...

2 accounts vs 22 accounts ..... pretty drastic difference as well ....

that said I am not convinced either are guilty of any crime and when cases go to $$$ court ( that is what I call civil court because in these cases nobody is trying to get justice they are trying to get paid via a court system that does not require nearly as much proof as a criminal court and in some cases virtually no evidence at all just better story tellers ) ....

either way nobody truly knows what happened other than those present ( and in some cases such as the drunk girl in the bathroom ) maybe not even all those present know ....

we are only left to surmise based on what gets reported and if we have learned anything at all about the media they are full of shit most of the time and report what gets clicks and or ratings ... Tell-Lie-Vision is no better
    They both may not be found “guilty “ but I personally think both acted inappropriately. Just like Kobe or Bill Cosby and many other rich powerful men who believe they can do whatever they please. People believe what they want to, I got a buddy who still thinks Cosby innocent, which is unbelievable to me. I initially wanted Watson if cleared but now actually glad we didn’t sign him especially after seeing what it took to acquire. I can now root for TJ , Jack and maybe even Bush to pummel him.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    They both may not be found “guilty “ but I personally think both acted inappropriately. Just like Kobe or Bill Cosby and many other rich powerful men who believe they can do whatever they please. People believe what they want to, I got a buddy who still thinks Cosby innocent, which is unbelievable to me. I initially wanted Watson if cleared but now actually glad we didn’t sign him especially after seeing what it took to acquire. I can now root for TJ , Jack and maybe even Bush to pummel him.

again I think perspective is lost ... Bill Cosby was a serial rapist who used drugs to incapacitate his victims ... that is a crime ... what Ben and presumable Watson did may have been a little sleazy ( perhaps a lot sleazy we will never know) but no real evidence has ever been shown other than being in the same place at the same time giving opportunity ... well hell I guess you are guilty of bank robbery 237 times because you certainly have been to the bank on those occasions ...we are innocent until proven guilty in this country and it take evidence to pronounce guilt and thus far we have seen NONE ( except for Cosby in which you wanted to lump in with the rest of these )

again I think perspective is lost ... Bill Cosby was a serial rapist who used drugs to incapacitate his victims ... that is a crime ... what Ben and presumable Watson did may have been a little sleazy ( perhaps a lot sleazy we will never know) but no real evidence has ever been shown other than being in the same place at the same time giving opportunity ... well hell I guess you are guilty of bank robbery 237 times because you certainly have been to the bank on those occasions ...we are innocent until proven guilty in this country and it take evidence to pronounce guilt and thus far we have seen NONE ( except for Cosby in which you wanted to lump in with the rest of these )
    OJ was found innocent of murder. I still believe he did it. Not implying or saying Ben and Watson crimes on same level of Cosby. Same mentality of the rich powerful man who believe they can do whatever they please and have no regard for others. So yeah they’re are both criminally innocent. Again I personally believe they’re both sleazy or atleast in Bens case was a long time ago. I believe there’s hypocrisy on those saying Watson is sleazy yet justify Bens behavior. I’ve never liked Ben off the field so it’s easy for me to see some guilt.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

browns gonna brown lol. If they don't win the SB in the next 4 years they shot themselves in the foot. I always thought Watson was a good QB but not S-tier like giving up 3 first round picks & a higher salary than the Rogers Rate would imply

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    browns gonna brown lol. If they don't win the SB in the next 4 years they shot themselves in the foot. I always thought Watson was a good QB but not S-tier like giving up 3 first round picks & a higher salary than the Rogers Rate would imply
    I agree... and unless a miracle happens, the SB aint gonna happen for them.

ps: My brother and a few of my buddies said they are washing their hands of the Browns because of this signing... and they are die hard fans. I think that's a bit drastic, but I have heard rumors (serious) that the Raiders will sign Brady. If that were to happen, I would have to say the same as them...lol.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

The only remaining question is, whose name will come after Watson’s on the jersey?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Compensation changed from what was reported:

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Watson is now under investigation by a totally separate grand jury…

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Jimmy Haslam! There are not many people who deserve an explosion of KARMA straight into the face more than Jimmy Haslam. I don't know if what Deshaun Watson is being accused of is true, and for the record I hope it is not true. But if this whole thing could somehow blow up in Jimmy Haslam's smug face and cost him MILLIONS in fees, fines, and lost revenue, it would make the day just a little brighter for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

Magnum PI is now a D.A. in Texas ? wow

Magnum PI is now a D.A. in Texas ? wow

So Watson has a press conference today…a pretty big deal. A lot going on. A lot of money riding on it. Neither moron from the Haslam Family winds up showing??

Junior Member Array title="Reylo1 Steel will become famous soon enough"> Reylo1 Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    I guess Baker will get to get out of Cleveland now...good for him. Considering the Browns are the Browns, I expect that Watson's career has now plateaued ...lol

I can't imagine him CHOOSING Cleveland..lol
    For $235 Million anyone would choose them, lol. This season is Cleveland's only window to win Superbowl. After that DeShaun's cap hit and The Brown Noses lack of draft capital will turn them into a dumpster fire, for years.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reylo1 Steel View Post
    For $235 Million anyone would choose them, lol. This season is Cleveland's only window to win Superbowl. After that DeShaun's cap hit and The Brown Noses lack of draft capital will turn them into a dumpster fire, for years.
    money talks, for 235 million i'll be a browns fan