Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baker Mayfield Kicked Out Of Home??

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Baker Mayfield Kicked Out Of Home??

So where does Baker call home next?? Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Re: Baker Mayfield Kicked Out Of Home??

he ends up on top of the heap of former QB from the Browns
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

He’s such a baby. I hope he stays in Cleveland for 10 years. They’ll never go anywhere with him. But it suits them as an organization.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

I think Bakers getting a bad wrap. I think he's a decent QB and I think he's generally got a good attitude. He's definitely tried to embrace the city of Cleveland despite having how many head coaches in 4 years? I think he's got heart. What the hell, his progressive commercials are hysterical.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Just my opinion....Baker was a very good college QB and is a starter level QB in the NFL. He will get another chance elsewhere if he parts with Cleveland. He's just not fast enough or big enough to run around like he did in college. He doesn't know how to slide so he keeps getting banged up. He's never going to be Brady/Rodgers level, or even Wilson/Roethlisberger level, but in the right system he can succeed.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    I think Bakers getting a bad wrap. I think he's a decent QB and I think he's generally got a good attitude. He's definitely tried to embrace the city of Cleveland despite having how many head coaches in 4 years? I think he's got heart. What the hell, his progressive commercials are hysterical.
    He’s a #22-23 starter. If that’s decent.

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    He’s a #22-23 starter. If that’s decent.
    On a team that's had 4 coaches in 4 years, 11 in the last 20 and he won the teams first playoff game in 20 years! For christ's sake it's CLEVELAND. 22-23 as a starter in THAT environment is deserving of a medal! LOL. If they signed Watson tomorrow, I don't think his win-loss record would be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by pepsyman1 View Post
    On a team that's had 4 coaches in 4 years, 11 in the last 20 and he won the teams first playoff game in 20 years! For christ's sake it's CLEVELAND. 22-23 as a starter in THAT environment is deserving of a medal! LOL. If they signed Watson tomorrow, I don't think his win-loss record would be much better.
    I’m not talking about his W/L record but where he ranks as a QB. That’s my opinion.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Browns are out of the running for Watson. Now it gets interesting with Baker.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Only the Browns…

Well the fact they were looking at Watson shows that Baker’s not their guy. So what do they do now? Do they draft another guy? Go after Garropolo? Jameis Winston? Matt Ryan? Sounds like Watson is down to the Saints or Falcons and both of those teams have readied their cap space for it.

The dysfunctional Browns! The world is back in order.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Only the Browns…

Well the fact they were looking at Watson shows that Baker’s not their guy. So what do they do now? Do they draft another guy? Go after Garropolo? Jameis Winston? Matt Ryan? Sounds like Watson is down to the Saints or Falcons and both of those teams have readied their cap space for it.
    What about Carolina for Watson? They were a team of interest.

Mayfield is going to get traded from Cleveland, they just cant appear as if they wont take Baker back, or else his value becomes less in a trade. I said it in his draft year, when Mayfield was getting Drew Brees comparisons, "because he is so accurate". He looked closer to a more athletic Bruce Gradkowski, than the 2nd coming of Drew Brees.

He's burned that bridge and gonna run from Cleveland like he ran from the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    What about Carolina for Watson? They were a team of interest.

Mayfield is going to get traded from Cleveland, they just cant appear as if they wont take Baker back, or else his value becomes less in a trade. I said it in his draft year, when Mayfield was getting Drew Brees comparisons, "because he is so accurate". He looked closer to a more athletic Bruce Gradkowski, than the 2nd coming of Drew Brees.

He's burned that bridge and gonna run from Cleveland like he ran from the cops.
    I think they said Carolina was out as well as the Browns…

I think it’s just the Saints and Falcons now

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

well it looks like the browns couldnt even get a 3rd for Baker...

i think he will still get traded though, any predictions on what round and what team it might be ?

i'll go with a 6th and Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    well it looks like the browns couldnt even get a 3rd for Baker...

i think he will still get traded though, any predictions on what round and what team it might be ?

i'll go with a 6th and Seattle
    I think he will go to the Panthers at some point. No one is going to give the Browns any serious value because they botched the trade value up so much. Everyone knows they aren’t going to keep him and no team is going to want to pay the $18.8M that he is owed so unless the Browns eat a good portion of that money and get a low round pick for him, they either eat the full amount or release him. Teams know that…

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Nobody is going to trade for Baker because the Browns will have to release him eventually. They can't tie up that much money on 2 QBs. Although, Baker is the perfect backup to DeShaun Watson.

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

looks like nobody wants wants baker howell either.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Everyone can say what they will about Baker. Baker is THE reason Cleveland started winning football games. He's an ass. He's full of himslef. He's egotistical. He's brash. He's confident. he's......??? So what? Isn't that what you want in a leader?

He played hurt the entire season. That isn't his fault, that's Stefanski's fault. No balls. He should have told Baker... "I'm the boss... you are sitting".

I'm not saying Baker is the be all. end all QB. I'm saying he's being given a raw deal by everyone that is nay saying against him. I'd take him in a heart beat.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Everyone can say what they will about Baker. Baker is THE reason Cleveland started winning football games. He's an ass. He's full of himslef. He's egotistical. He's brash. He's confident. he's......??? So what? Isn't that what you want in a leader?

He played hurt the entire season. That isn't his fault, that's Stefanski's fault. No balls. He should have told Baker... "I'm the boss... you are sitting".

I'm not saying Baker is the be all. end all QB. I'm saying he's being given a raw deal by everyone that is nay saying against him. I'd take him in a heart beat.
    I agree. He's not an elite QB but I'd say he's in the 'good' category, and the trajectory of that team went upward after drafting Mayfield.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post

Agree. Mayfield is getting the raw end of the deal.

No one will trade for him because there’s no point in giving up draft capital of paying $18.8M for a player that may get cut soon.

Seattle seems to be his next logical landing spot. Pete Carroll said they were done adding to their QB room...so that all but tells you that they are not.

What about Tampa? Maybe he eventually signs with Tampa and backs up Brady and then has a shot at the job next year? Same idea with the Giants?

What about Jimmy G?? All kinds of trade talks about him and nothing...

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Teams have determined that you don’t win playoff games with Baker.

That restricts his starting market to teams that are willing to make the self evaluation that they’re not a serious playoff team.

Beyond that, we’re talking backup jobs.

He got a bum deal at the end in Cleveland. And the Panthers are fools to not try and make a move for him.

Baker's best bet would be to take the backup job in Tampa and then try to win the job if Brady retires.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

He's a definite starter in the USFL or CFL. He could win one of their championships.
    All Defense!

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Baker could start for Panthers, Washington, Giants or Eagles. Probably another team or two. Not saying he’s elite but he’s a great competitor. A lot of guys wouldn’t have played with his injuries last year. Plus the Browns are a shit organization. Lions or Saints might be better of with him as well. I hope he goes to NFC, I will actually root for him then.

Baker won the Heisman and was the #1 overall draft pick. He took the worst team in the NFL to a playoff win. That's not how you define a bust QB.

The Browns traded for DeShaun Watson rather than continue with Baker as their QB. That is not how you define face of the franchise.

Somewhere in the middle of those 2 extremes is where you define Baker Mayfield. He's not a bust, he's not the face of the franchise. He's a starter level NFL QB that is going to do some good to great things AND some not-so-good to awful things. Just like nearly every other player in the NFL.

We have had a similar discussion here about Bud Dupree. He's no TJ Watt, but he's no Jarvis Jones either. When you leave the extremes you find about 95% of the NFL somewhere in between.

It's entirely possible that Baker spends the 2022 season OUT of the NFL. Jobs are getting filled and it's possible that no team wants the distraction of Baker as a backup, similar to Tebow's and Kap's situations.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

My personal opinion is that Baker Mayfield is a better QB than a lot of folks give him credit for. Playing four years with the Browns, he’s thrown for over 14,000 yards. He had a sophomore slump but had a very good 2020 season, and likely would have done as well in 2021 had he not been injured. He is not an elite QB like Brady, Rodgers, et al, but most aren’t. But he’s had two out of four winning seasons in Cleveland (let me repeat that…CLEVELAND) and is 1 for 2 in the post-season…in CLEVELAND. I watched him closely during the game against Baltimore, who won 47-42 (after Jackson returned from “cramps” lol). He’s not that bad when healthy. I’d like to see him on a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    I’d like to see him on a good team.
    He's already been on a good team. Great line, great RBs, great WRs, great defense. We know what he is on a good team. Average. I'd like to see him without those weapons and protection. Is he a difference maker, someone that you win because of, not just win with? If he was thought of as a QB that a team won because of, he'd already be traded for.