Thread: a fan favorite here a few drafts ago is on the move

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

a fan favorite here a few drafts ago is on the move

Patriots trading OLB Chase Winovich to Browns for LB Mack Wilson

Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: a fan favorite here a few drafts ago is on the move

I liked both of those guys.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Winovich has his strong points but he didn't turn out here the way I thought he would. Interesting guy though.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    I liked both of those guys.
    I remember the love for Mack Wilson well ... neither guy bloomed the way many had anticipated , perhaps this move will be a good one for both players ?
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I remember the love for Mack Wilson well ... neither guy bloomed the way many had anticipated , perhaps this move will be a good one for both players ?
    Not me. I watched the Mack Wilson tape and he was not impressive at all. Lots of physical skill, but he really didnt play the position strong on game tape. I mean highlight tapes looked good, but if you watched a few Bama games and locked in on him he was a 4th or 5th round guy IMO.

Was just like some ILB from Buffalo....something Hodge, that posters got all over him because some draftnik with a blog hyped him up. He played in the Shrine game and looked bad. Just shows how taking somebodys opinion instead of forming your own can lead to mistakes.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Not me. I watched the Mack Wilson tape and he was not impressive at all. Lots of physical skill, but he really didnt play the position strong on game tape. I mean highlight tapes looked good, but if you watched a few Bama games and locked in on him he was a 4th or 5th round guy IMO.

Was just like some ILB from Buffalo....something Hodge, that posters got all over him because some draftnik with a blog hyped him up. He played in the Shrine game and looked bad. Just shows how taking somebodys opinion instead of forming your own can lead to mistakes.
    You're referring to Khalil Hodge. Broke school records for tackles and broke an NCAA record or 2 as well. No combine invite, went undrafted, no invites to mini camps. Just fell off the Earth.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    You're referring to Khalil Hodge. Broke school records for tackles and broke an NCAA record or 2 as well. No combine invite, went undrafted, no invites to mini camps. Just fell off the Earth.
    Yeah, that is the guy. Some folks here were mocking him fairly high. He played in the East-West Shrine Bowl game and looked slow. Ran a 5.05 at his pro day and had a 29" vert. Never got a whiff of interest.

Mack Wilson tested better and had some good film, but a lot of mediocre play that wasnt worthy of a lot of the 1st round talk he was getting.