Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers To Sign QB Mitch Trubisky To 2-Year Deal

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers To Sign QB Mitch Trubisky To 2-Year Deal

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Steelers To Sign QB Mitch Trubisky To 2-Year Deal

Ugh. What were the contract terms though?

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

we found our guy. time to stop with the watson posting

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Yea! We got our Neil O'Donnell!

Highest win pct since 2018 among active QB (minimum 40 starts although 25+13=38 so CBS sports needs to hire a math guy)

Patrick Mahomes .790 (49-13)
    Lamar Jackson .755 (37-12)
    Tom Brady .723 (47-18)
    Aaron Rodgers .711 (45-18-1)
    Mitchell Trubisky .658 (25-13)

Here's hoping we use our picks to build an OL to open holes for Harris.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I'm excited! Ordering my Trubisky Steelers jersey ASAP!

I can finally change my avatar!

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

This proves the Steelers organization is satisfied with being mediocre.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Yay!!!!!!!!

I wanted this last year but this year is better than later.

draft OL in rounds 1-3!

- - - Updated - - -

This cost us 0 draft picks and only two year commitment.
    Trubisky must have realized that the Steelers were his best bet to start and have some stability. I hope next year we are talking about a big long term contract for him and that would mean he played well.

(I was convinced he would go to the Giants with Daboll and GM there but Mitch was smart to avoid the NY pressure cooker and opt for a more stable environment in the Steelers)

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Does this mean they won't be looking for a QB in rd 1? I think we have 3 guys on the roster that will compete for the starting spot, but will they add a 4th now through the draft or be content with what they have? This signing is a stagnant move, IMO, but I don't hate it.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    Does this mean they won't be looking for a QB in rd 1? I think we have 3 guys on the roster that will compete for the starting spot, but will they add a 4th now through the draft or be content with what they have? This signing is a stagnant move, IMO, but I don't hate it.
    There wasn't much to pick from, I'm just happy they didn't pick up Jimmy G. Maybe they go QB in R2 if at all?

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RunNGun View Post
    I want OL in first couple of rounds. This years draft class is QB weak. We shouldn’t use the first round pick on one of these QBs

Senior Member Array title="RunNGun has a reputation beyond repute"> RunNGun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    There wasn't much to pick from, I'm just happy they didn't pick up Jimmy G. Maybe they go QB in R2 if at all?
    I didn't want them to give up any picks for any of the QBs who might be available, so I'm not against the Trubisky signing. Like ETL said, they need to get some OL talent in the first 2 rounds, but they may also need help at DL, ILB, CB, SS, and WR. It may be BPA in rd 1.

I definitely don't think they're done in free agency

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Gross.

I guess it might not be franchise crippling if they manage to draft an actual QB this year or next.

The best thing anyone can say after watching Trubisky play is that he tries hard.

Other than that...he's hot garbage. No idea how a year of watching Josh Allen play supposedly fixed the litany of mechanical issues and mental processing that existed for a QB that was widely believed to be incapable of completing passes to his left side...that's how bad it got in Chicago before the end.

Canada and Trubisky should be a good fit. Canada only calls like 5 plays. Which is 3 more than Trubisky can run.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I'm excited! Ordering my Trubisky Steelers jersey ASAP!

I can finally change my avatar!
    Congrats!! Good looking Avatar.

Now if Mason Rudolph is such a good QB, he can prove it and beat out Trubisky for the #1 job in Training Camp. Or not.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Isn't Trubisky and Rudolph basically the same quarterback?

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Don't know the financial but this is a pretty standard Colbert signing. Fill all holes with FA and enter the draft with no "must" haves.

Probably 2 the what 40mil? Probably 30 guaranteed and Likely an early March roster bonus with some kind of easy out.

I like it. At best we might tsp some talent that never got a change under Nagy

Worst he plays like Mason and gets cut

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasteeler View Post
    Isn't Trubisky and Rudolph basically the same quarterback?
    I think Trubisky is more mobile. And he will need to be behind this line.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

So the Steelers are pairing Mason Rudolph with a more expensive Mason Rudolph.

I hope they aren't going with this signing with the hopes of competing. Camp QB competition at best. At least they can go into the draft by not being QB needy.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Hopefully someone like Ridder is there in the 2nd round and we can take a chance on him and cut Haskins.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Well, it most likely means they will stay at #20 and if the QB they like is there, then they pick him. If he isnt, then they take the best OT, CB, LB, DT, OG/C available at #20.

Honestly, I could see a guy like EJ Perry in the 5th round selected at QB, who could develop into a cheap #2 QB and has the arm strength and athleticism which would work in an offense that is play action based. Then in '23 you let Rudolph's contract expire and depending on where the Steelers are drafting and Trubisky plays, they can possibly move up for a class that will include CJ Stroud, Brice Young, Spencer Rattler, DJ Ugeleili, Will Levis, Phil Jerkovic

If you dont value many of the 2022 QB's, the 2023 class should offer more options, but you may have to move up to a top 10 to get one.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Gross.

I guess it might not be franchise crippling if they manage to draft an actual QB this year or next.

The best thing anyone can say after watching Trubisky play is that he tries hard.

Other than that...he's hot garbage. No idea how a year of watching Josh Allen play supposedly fixed the litany of mechanical issues and mental processing that existed for a QB that was widely believed to be incapable of completing passes to his left side...that's how bad it got in Chicago before the end.

Canada and Trubisky should be a good fit. Canada only calls like 5 plays. Which is 3 more than Trubisky can run.
    Steeldude, is that you?

I kid, I kid.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Well, it most likely means they will stay at #20 and if the QB they like is there, then they pick him. If he isnt, then they take the best OT, CB, LB, DT, OG/C available at #20.

Honestly, I could see a guy like EJ Perry in the 5th round selected at QB, who could develop into a cheap #2 QB and has the arm strength and athleticism which would work in an offense that is play action based. Then in '23 you let Rudolph's contract expire and depending on where the Steelers are drafting and Trubisky plays, they can possibly move up for a class that will include CJ Stroud, Brice Young, Spencer Rattler, DJ Ugeleili, Will Levis, Phil Jerkovic

If you dont value many of the 2022 QB's, the 2023 class should offer more options, but you may have to move up to a top 10 to get one.
    This is the ONLY ray of hope I can find in all this.

MOJOUW's Official Positive Spin (largely stolen from EGJ's quoted post):

1. Colbert and company were smart enough to realize that the QB prospects available at 1.20 in 2022 were not going to be capable of competing with the established and rising stars in the AFC at the QB position.
    2. Trubisky may have the biggest upside of the available (non-draft compensation required) options.
    3. Best case scenario: One of Trubisky, Haskins, or Rudolph somehow manages to flourish and the QB "issue" is solved.
    4. Worst case scenario: They all crater and the Steelers have the ammunition to move up in better 2023 QB class.

Interesting Trubisky trivia:
    In 2020, Trubisky was 39/44 in catchable passes thrown and 34/44 in on target passes.

Let the fun begin.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Let the negativity rain down!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    Steeldude, is that you?

I kid, I kid.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    It is not...but it is close! I am just not really able to see a "good" version of this.

Pro Tip: It isn't Steeldude, even on a burner account, without a reference to Kordell Steward and/or James Harrison.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Yea! We got our Neil O'Donnell!

Highest win pct since 2018 among active QB (minimum 40 starts although 25+13=38 so CBS sports needs to hire a math guy)

Patrick Mahomes .790 (49-13)
    Lamar Jackson .755 (37-12)
    Tom Brady .723 (47-18)
    Aaron Rodgers .711 (45-18-1)
    Mitchell Trubisky .658 (25-13)

Here's hoping we use our picks to build an OL to open holes for Harris.

way more weapons than he has ever had in his career ....

I think he has a chance to live up to his original billing in which case he will cost us a bundle in 2 years ..

we shall see tho ...

what this does tell us is , Masons job is NOT safe as the #2 and Haskins better get in the books and in the film room and live there until training camp because his 2.5 million might be depending on it .........
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Trubisky has been the QB I've circled for months now as a bridge QB, that maybe could breakout if given a 2nd chance. So I'm happy with this move. Doesn't rule out a QB in the draft,
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Let the negativity rain down!!

Desertsteel enjoying the raining of negativity.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

As long as we don't think this excuses us from looking for the real QB of the future, it's a positive move. At least we're trying. We can probably be a winning team next year with the talent we've got, and that's something.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

If TJ wants a ring he better hope the Steelers trade him.

He was overdrafted and underdeveloped yet still went 29-21 and to a Pro Bowl in his second year. The Bears never utilized his strengths because Nage was in way over his head as a head coach. Steelers are a 10-11 win team next year. If they spend and draft exceptionally, they win 12 games.

Senior Member Array title="CV1 is a jewel in the rough"> CV1's Avatar

I’m not enthusiastic on this signing, but… there wasn’t much out there in means of QB1 material without selling the farm.

Now we can build the O-Line we truly need, for that pick #15 in ‘23/‘24 draft

Serious note though… would be cool to get the 2018 Trib without the INTs and Fumbles… doubt it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk