Thread: Russell Wilson traded to the Broncos

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Russell Wilson traded to the Broncos

For multiple first rounders including Drew Lock.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...67007832047625

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Russell Wilson traded to the Broncos

I'm interested to learn the actual compensation given up. Now, when the Broncos win the Super Bowl this year, I wonder if the people here will acknowledge it was worth it.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I'm interested to learn the actual compensation given up. Now, when the Broncos win the Super Bowl this year, I wonder if the people here will acknowledge it was worth it.
    With Herbert and Mahomes also in the AFCW, and Russell already starting to show signs of decline? The Broncos will be lucky to win their own division.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Good Guys with Black Hats Array title="SteelMember has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelMember's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

AFC QB's

Mahomes
    Allen
    Burrow
    Jackson
    Herbert
    Carr

And now Russell Wilson

Damn.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

The Seahawks have enough fire power to go get Watson now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

My sources are now telling me that this is a 3-way trade including the Steelers! Wilson to the Steelers!! Broncos land Mason Rudolph.

Senior Member Array title="steelcityboyz has a brilliant future"> steelcityboyz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackAndGold View Post
    AFC QB's

Mahomes
    Allen
    Burrow
    Jackson
    Herbert
    Carr

And now Russell Wilson

Damn.
    Yeah so? We have Mason!

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

AFC QB's

Mahomes

Allen
    Burrow
    Jones
    Jackson

Herbert
    Carr

And now Russell Wilson

Carr and Jackson are nothing special.

Jones? ROFLAO

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post

not a bad deal for either side IMO. they can give lock a look and dump him with no cap hit if they need to. they got noah fant for 2 more years still on a rookie deal. denver gets some cap relief unloading 31 year old harris.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Denver gave up a lot for Wilson

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Denver gave up a lot for Wilson
    Keeping it to two firsts makes it easier to swallow.

The 4th and 5th kinda balance out. Harris is cap space. Fant is far from irreplaceable.

So it's Wilson for two firsts and a second.

Not Wilson in this draft might've cost Denver a first and another first if they felt they needed to move ahead of the Giants, Psnthers, or Falcons.

So Broncos paid the tax of a Fant and a second rounder or a first rounder depending on the potential trade up value to make certain they got an elite QB instead of drafting a rookie.

It’s a big sticker shock price but keeping another first rounder out of it and it’s less than one thought.

Drew Lock doesn’t matter.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Looks like Steelers didn't want him that much, its down to the Draft - this year or next.....

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    AFC QB's

Mahomes

Allen
    Burrow
    Herbert

And now Russell Wilson

FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Keeping it to two firsts makes it easier to swallow.

The 4th and 5th kinda balance out. Harris is cap space. Fant is far from irreplaceable.

So it's Wilson for two firsts and a second.

Not Wilson in this draft might've cost Denver a first and another first if they felt they needed to move ahead of the Giants, Psnthers, or Falcons.

So Broncos paid the tax of a Fant and a second rounder or a first rounder depending on the potential trade up value to make certain they got an elite QB instead of drafting a rookie.

It’s a big sticker shock price but keeping another first rounder out of it and it’s less than one thought.

Drew Lock doesn’t matter.
    The bottom line is Denver won the trade.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    The bottom line is Denver won the trade.
    Yeah.

Just another loud statement from NFL teams that if you don’t have a QB you don’t have anything.

Denver was/is loaded at skill positions and has an elite defense.

Hope the Steelers are paying attention.

I'd sure like to know if the Steelers made an offer for Wilson, and if so, what it was.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

I got a friend who's a Broncos fan and he's pissed off about the trade. I asked him how many busts they had at QB in rd. 1 and 2. Really their only good QB since Elway was via a trade (Manning). They basically got a franchise QB who's still young enough to stick around for a bit, they did give up capital but for finding your QB it's not gonna be cheap.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    I got a friend who's a Broncos fan and he's pissed off about the trade. I asked him how many busts they had at QB in rd. 1 and 2. Really their only good QB since Elway was via a trade (Manning)
    Yep. I live in Denver and I've watched that comedy of errors first hand. Elway once burned a first round pick on Paxton Lynch - nuff said.

Maybe this will work out for the Broncos the way "renting" Manning for the last few years of his career did, but I doubt it, especially now that Herbert and Mahomes are in the same division. The Broncos gave up way too much, IMO.