Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TITANS VS COWBOYS

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

Re: TITANS VS COWBOYS

Quote Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
    Hell no. The media anointed them that "designation". They were the sports media darlings in the 70's even though the 70's Steelers were the greatest dynasty in NFL history. Go figure.
    Pittsburgh Steelers owner Art Rooney dismissed the suggestion that the Steelers were "America's Team." "'We didn't want that,' Rooney said. 'We're Pittsburgh's team. We feel strongly about that.'"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Team

Although come on ... look at our attendance at opponents' stadiums. We ARE America's team.

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Butch View Post
    With almost 400 yards and down by 8. I thought only we did that kind of stuff.
    Sad but true Butch.

What a beautiful play by Mitchell to knock down that Rivers pass.

CANCER - YOU PICKED THE WRONG BITCH!!!

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Hell no. The media anointed them that "designation". They were the sports media darlings in the 70's even though the 70's Steelers were the greatest dynasty in NFL history. Go figure.
    Actually the story I heard from Sabol was they came up with that title for the 78 Steelers but Art said we are Pittsburgh's team. Then they went to Tex Schram and he was all giddy about it. The rest as they say is History. Let 'em have it we have much more than America, we're Global!!!

Administrator Array title="HometownGal has a reputation beyond repute"> HometownGal's Avatar

Raiders win!

ChokeBoy Rivers! Chargers training staff is now rushing off the field to get to the Bolts locker room to make sure there is a case of Kleenex at Rivers' locker. Waaaaahhhhhhhhh.

Senior Member Array title="Butch has a reputation beyond repute"> Butch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace108 View Post
    Pittsburgh Steelers owner Art Rooney dismissed the suggestion that the Steelers were "America's Team." "'We didn't want that,' Rooney said. 'We're Pittsburgh's team. We feel strongly about that.'"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Team
    LOL posted the same thing...Great minds.

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Yay! Another game for us!!!! Buh bye Cry me a Rivers and the Dolts
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Let 'em have it we have much more than America, we're Global!!!
    Au contrare my dear Butch. We are (Steelers) UNIVERSE-AL!

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

The Cowboys suck and I love it! I'm so glad that all of the so-called "experts" picked them to win the SB this year.

Conservatarian Array title="Wallace108 is a splendid one to behold"> Wallace108's Avatar

LOL posted the same thing...Great minds.

That's because we're Steelers fans.

Quote Originally Posted by cold-hard-steel View Post
    Hope Ben drinks Pepsi,or perier.
    He drinks Champagne see for yourself at the end of the season!!!

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

Is this the Game day thread?
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Latin Steel Array title="SMR has a spectacular aura about"> SMR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    The Cowboys suck and I love it! I'm so glad that all of the so-called "experts" picked them to win the SB this year.
    WE are the NFL's All-Time Dynasty!

Au contrare my dear Butch. We are (Steelers) UNIVERSE-AL!
    AMEN!!!

Is this the Game day thread?
    Not quite but it's the best we got on a bye week.

Game Day is sacred and only reserved for Steeler games.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Cowboys at 1-3 is such a beautiful sight.

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Monday just got a lot better down here in San Antonio.

Wonder if Uncle Norv will get the heave ho at the end of the season if the Bolts don't make the playoffs, though I realize it's a little early to make predictions on playoffs. Just curious.

The"concrete cobbler" Array title="cold-hard-steel has a brilliant future"> cold-hard-steel's Avatar

It's been fun. I like to act like Billybob sometimes. I still would not have minded seeing the Oilers lose though. Oh well,no harm done. 7 days to go until a real game.
    Two bags are guarenteed to fit all sizes ,or your money back. If you are not completely satisfied call 1-800-GOO-DHELL We show 5 bags to choose from,most problems only need 2 bags .

Wonder if Uncle Norv will get the heave ho at the end of the season if the Bolts don't make the playoffs, though I realize it's a little early to make predictions on playoffs. Just curious.
    They have been coming on at mid-season for a few years now. Somehow they always seem to be able to manipulate thier division,and squeeze into the playoffs. You could have a point though.

Steeler Nation Array title="O'Malley will become famous soon enough"> O'Malley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    That sure does have a ring to it.

Attitude is everything Array title="SteelerFanInStl has a reputation beyond repute"> SteelerFanInStl's Avatar

They have been coming on at mid-season for a few years now. Somehow they always seem to be able to manipulate thier division,and squeeze into the playoffs. You could have a point though.
    That's because their division has always sucked. Unfortunately for SD, the rest of the division has been improving so it's going to be tougher for them this year.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerFanInStl View Post
    That's because their division has always sucked. Unfortunately for SD, the rest of the division has been improving so it's going to be tougher for them this year.
    Wrong. The AFC West has not always sucked. In fact, it was one of the stronger divisions in the NFL, untill recently.

Steeler Nation Array title="O'Malley will become famous soon enough"> O'Malley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Wrong. The AFC West has not always sucked. In fact, it was one of the stronger divisions in the NFL, untill recently.
    How do you define recently?

1 at a time Array title="Count Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Count Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by O'Malley View Post
    That sure does have a ring to it.
    You mean they won't have a "ring" to it this year. Hehehe. It would have been nice to see the Steelers whip them in the billion dollar shrine, as we marched on to #7.

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Within the last 10 years. What does that have to do with stating that the division has always sucked? It simply isn't true.

Senior Member Array title="Kittyfish is a glorious beacon of light"> Kittyfish's Avatar

*contented sigh* If only the Ravens had lost too, yesterday would have been perfect. I might be alone in this sentiment, but I love bye week - I get to watch some football without as much stress, and it's almost always interesting; lots of surprises. Love the Cowboys, Bengals, Chargers, Packers, Saints etc all losing! I get tired of all those teams being touted as SB favorites before the season even starts, for heaven's sake. Let the season play out first.

Let's ride! Array title="BuddhaBus is just really nice">

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyfish View Post
    *contented sigh* If only the Ravens had lost too, yesterday would have been perfect. I might be alone in this sentiment, but I love bye week - I get to watch some football without as much stress, and it's almost always interesting; lots of surprises. Love the Cowboys, Bengals, Chargers, Packers, Saints etc all losing! I get tired of all those teams being touted as SB favorites before the season even starts, for heaven's sake. Let the season play out first.
    Yeah, the bye week is allowing me to finally get a new pacemaker installed! The Steelers wore this one out between last year and so far this year.

I was torn on yesterday's Titans/Cowboys game. I love watching the Cowboys lose, but I should have rooted for them to beat an AFC team who could be in the mix later in the season. It's like presidential elections... the lesser of two evils theory. I couldn't keep myself from rooting for the Tits.

Administrator Array title="Texasteel has a reputation beyond repute"> Texasteel's Avatar

I'm have a great time in Iowa, but this is one day I wish I was back in Dallas. Take my word for it, the bridges are full with a waiting list.

AML

Quote Originally Posted by Texasteel View Post
    I'm have a great time in Iowa, but this is one day I wish I was back in Dallas. Take my word for it, the bridges are full with a waiting list.
    The sky is officially falling in Dallas!