Thread: Buccaneers' Pro Bowl guard Ali Marpet announces retirement after seven seasons

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Buccaneers' Pro Bowl guard Ali Marpet announces retirement after seven seasons

Ali Marpet is coming off the best season of his career. He plans for it to be his last.

The Buccaneers guard announced via Instagram on Sunday that he is retiring. The 28-year-old Marpet was a Pro Bowler in 2021, his seventh season.

"After seven formidable years with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, I've come to the decision to retire from the game that has given me so much," he posted. "This organization and the people surrounding it have helped not only fulfill a dream, but also helped build me into the person I am today. I've made Tampa Bay my home and I look forward to serving this community in the coming years. To the coaches and teammates, family and friends, an Instagram post simply can't express the profound impact you've had on me. I'm eternally grateful. Thank you Tampa Bay."

the rest of the story ... https://www.nfl.com/news/buccaneers-...-seven-seasons
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Re: Buccaneers' Pro Bowl guard Ali Marpet announces retirement after seven seasons

Wow! Imagine that. A player retiring when he’s at the top of his game! Good for him. His body hasn’t been beat to hell. Sounds like he’s dug in to the Tampa community.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Re: Buccaneers' Pro Bowl guard Ali Marpet announces retirement after seven seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Wow! Imagine that. A player retiring when he’s at the top of his game! Good for him. His body hasn’t been beat to hell. Sounds like he’s dug in to the Tampa community.
    That's happening alot more now than before.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    That's happening alot more now than before.
    Yep, I’m thinking a few million in the bank, be smart and you can do what you want without hurting every minute.