Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eric Weddle: Joe Burrow will get his moment

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Re: Eric Weddle: Joe Burrow will get his moment

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    i wasn't all that impressed with burrow tbh, they talk about him like he's the next tom brady and i just don't see it, he's good, but not on that level
    Brady was not a stud his first few years either. I guess we just disagree, I think Burrow is really good and remember he lost most of his first season to a knee injury.

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

it is waaaay to soon to compare burrow to any vet but brady was in the league for 7 years before he had a statistical season better than what burrow just had.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Not wishing it, but it’s likely Burrow will get injured regularly. He thinks he’s invincible. But all that have come before him will testify otherwise.
    This reminds me of when Carson Palmer was with Cinci. Similar throwing style, maybe little less mobility. Palmer was really good too before that knee injury against the Steelers in the playoffs - he never really got back to that high level of play.

They're line is not much better than ours. I'm sure the bengals will be competing with us in the offseason to use FA to shore up their OL.

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    This reminds me of when Carson Palmer was with Cinci. Similar throwing style, maybe little less mobility. Palmer was really good too before that knee injury against the Steelers in the playoffs - he never really got back to that high level of play.

They're line is not much better than ours. I'm sure the bengals will be competing with us in the offseason to use FA to shore up their OL.
    maybe history repeats itself and we sign BJ Hill away from the bengals and he goes all Kimo von Oelhoffen on Burrow.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    maybe history repeats itself and we sign BJ Hill away from the bengals and he goes all Kimo von Oelhoffen on Burrow.
    Burrow already got Kimoed . He returned better than Palmer. Right now Chiefs, Bills , and Bungles are the the only AFC teams The Steelers have little chance against IMO. Tomlin and front office know that so I look for some fireworks in FA and draft.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Brady was not a stud his first few years either. I guess we just disagree, I think Burrow is really good and remember he lost most of his first season to a knee injury.
    Brady did win a super bowl in his first year as a starter