Thread: 2022 Senior Bowl

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

2022 Senior Bowl

About halfway through the 4th quarter. Interested in any takeaways you guys have. Any new guys catch your eyes? Anybody impress that maybe you weren’t very high on before?

Member Array title="SteelerCountry58 has a spectacular aura about"> SteelerCountry58's Avatar

Re: 2022 Senior Bowl

I was focused more on the Big Uglies. Love Penning and his mean streak, he’s gonna be a stud OT. The kid Travis Jones from UConn impressed me, he’s strong and plugs up the middle really well. Pickett and Howell looked decent, Willis had a good run but not quite sold on him overall. Ridder looked decent too. Just not sold on any of the QB’s with the first pick. I’d rather we go trenches with BPA at 20. Linderbaum/Penning or Davis from UGA would be my first go to guys.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Large swathes of the internet seem to think Willis won the week and vaulted into pole position among the QBs.

I’ve watched zero of any of this. But several random summaries sure make it sound like Willis and Howell impressed the most.

But the funny thing is that lots of places are like “well the best passer of the group was Carson Strong by light years but let’s talk about Kenny Puckett’s hands!”

So…maybe take the best guy at throwing the ball?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerCountry58 View Post
    I was focused more on the Big Uglies. Love Penning and his mean streak, he’s gonna be a stud OT. The kid Travis Jones from UConn impressed me, he’s strong and plugs up the middle really well. Pickett and Howell looked decent, Willis had a good run but not quite sold on him overall. Ridder looked decent too. Just not sold on any of the QB’s with the first pick. I’d rather we go trenches with BPA at 20. Linderbaum/Penning or Davis from UGA would be my first go to guys.
    I was pleasantly surprised and impressed with Dylan Parham. Yes he hails from my 1st alma mater at Memphis, but I thought little of him headed into this draft. He has played OL and has played very well, just a bit on the smaller side. Everything I read on him suggested him moving to OC in the NFL. He would be a bit like Green in that, but Parham never took snaps at Center in college. This was my first time seeing him at Center. I thought he did surprisingly well. He swapped out every other drive with a prospect from KY for the American squad. He did get pushed back into Zappe on one play but that was by far his worst snap of the game.

Trevor Penning did very well from what I saw and heard from the announce team today. That dude is huge. I have seen him mocked to the Steelers some at 20. I would bet that if his combine workouts go as well as Senior Bowl week did, he'll be looked at in the top10. A lot of people seem to think coming from N. Iowa would put him at a disadvantage but that guy is a mauler/brute at his position. I would love to see him in black and gold.

Another guy that had a huge week and looks to have gained some attention is Perrion Winfrey out of OK. That man had a huge game.

Trey McBride(Colorado State) and Jake Ferguson(Wisconsin) are 2 TEs that impressed in the passing game. Each proved to be redzone weapons and found the endzone.

Darrian Beavers from Cincy was everywhere on defense. He had a really nice game too.

The 2 Baylor safeties came up huge for the National team. Jalen Pitre had a couple pass breakups and good tackles. And Christian Morgan got the game sealing INT.

Offensively I thought the RBs all did pretty well for themselves. Cam's younger brother was a beast on a couple plays. Strong as a bull. Little Ironhead!

Post Senior Bowl Mock Draft. Many Steelers fans will like this one.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...22-senior-bowl

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Wish the internet scouts would get their stories straight on Linderwhatever.

He’s apparently a powerful blocker who is only a fit for fluid zone blocking schemes due to his lack of power.

Makes total sense.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

I watched parts of the game and to be honest, none of the players were overly impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

5 prospects that greatly improved their draft status at the Senior Bowl....

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...nfl-draft-2022