Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Former Dolphins coach Brian Flores files class action lawsuit against the NY Giants and the NFL, claiming racial discrimination.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Re: Former Dolphins coach Brian Flores files class action lawsuit against the NY Giants and the NFL, claiming racial discrimination.

After the blatantly obvious tank job the Colts pulled to draft Luck, does it really matter?

Stephen Ross = "Rachel Phelps" from "Major League."

On a side note: After all these years and countless times watching this movie, I just now realized that Harris was reading a copy of "Hustler" magazine while scolding Cerrano on religion. Never noticed that before.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: Former Dolphins coach Brian Flores files class action lawsuit against the NY Giants and the NFL, claiming racial discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I'm thinking that Flores just committed career suicide. If I was a team owner I'd never call him for an interview now, unless I'd already pre-determined to hire him. I hope this was worth it for him.
    Flores knows that. But from what he appears to be saying, Steven Ross already spread rumors out there that he is difficult to work with and hurt his chances of ever being a HC. When the reality is that it looks like Flores finally gets a HC job and then is told by the Owner to lose games so that he looks bad as a HC, from a performance standpoint.

I would have to look back at that MNF game in 2019 of Steelers vs Dolphins, but I actually think the Dolphins called a timeout with around 40 seconds left in the half and the Steelers were in 3rd down and 20. Then the Dolphins run an 8 man blitz and a quick dump off to Dionte Johnson ends up in him running 40 yards to the end zone, because the Dolphins had nobody in coverage.

So it looked like the Fins called a Timeout, so the call could come from upstairs to run an 8 man blitz on 3rd and 20 as part of throwing the game. Back then everybody thought Flores made a dumb call, but now it looks like he was told to do that. At some point the guy wants to stop dancing, when the owner tells him to dance.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So you have this lawsuit, Gruden lawsuit, AB lawsuit, Deshaun Watson situation…

What else?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Flores knows that. But from what he appears to be saying, Steven Ross already spread rumors out there that he is difficult to work with and hurt his chances of ever being a HC. When the reality is that it looks like Flores finally gets a HC job and then is told by the Owner to lose games so that he looks bad as a HC, from a performance standpoint.

I would have to look back at that MNF game in 2019 of Steelers vs Dolphins, but I actually think the Dolphins called a timeout with around 40 seconds left in the half and the Steelers were in 3rd down and 20. Then the Dolphins run an 8 man blitz and a quick dump off to Dionte Johnson ends up in him running 40 yards to the end zone, because the Dolphins had nobody in coverage.

So it looked like the Fins called a Timeout, so the call could come from upstairs to run an 8 man blitz on 3rd and 20 as part of throwing the game. Back then everybody thought Flores made a dumb call, but now it looks like he was told to do that. At some point the guy wants to stop dancing, when the owner tells him to dance.
    Maybe he just though he'd get home on the blitz or the pakyers didn't execute the play as called.

He said he defied him on losing , so i doubt he just randomly called a shitty play to help Ross lose

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Maybe he just though he'd get home on the blitz or the pakyers didn't execute the play as called.

He said he defied him on losing , so i doubt he just randomly called a shitty play to help Ross lose

With Miami leading 14-3 and the Steelers facing third-and-20, Dolphins coach Brian Flores called for an eight-man pass rush, with only three dropping into coverage. That left Steelers receiver Diontae Johnson wide open, and the result was a touchdown pass. After the game, Flores stood by his call.

I don’t have any regrets on the call,” Flores said, via the Palm Beach Post. “Wanted to be aggressive. We can second-guess a lot of calls. I’m not going to second-guess that one.”

Flores won’t second-guess that one, but others will. If the Dolphins finish the season 0-16, which looks increasingly likely, that play may be remembered as the one that turned the tide in the game the Dolphins had the best chance to win.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ers-touchdown/

For more reference, from 2016-2019(Week 8) there had only been 2 times that an 8-man blitz had been called in the situation of 3rd down and 11yards or longer. One was that Miami call.

FiveThirthEight.com had done an analysis of the 3.5 years of regular season statistics. So either the Dolphins were intentionally looking to give the Steelers a break, or they did what was only called 1 time ever in the past 3.5 NFL seasons.

on third and 11 or greater — the situation most similar to the one the Dolphins faced — there have been just two plays called with eight or more pass rushers. And that’s counting the play run by Miami on Monday night.

Unless, of course, the goal wasn’t actually to win. In that case, it was the perfect call.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...rying-to-lose/

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    For more reference, from 2016-2019(Week 8) there had only been 2 times that an 8-man blitz had been called in the situation of 3rd down and 11yards or longer. One was that Miami call.

FiveThirthEight.com had done an analysis of the 3.5 years of regular season statistics. So either the Dolphins were intentionally looking to give the Steelers a break, or they did what was only called 1 time ever in the past 3.5 NFL seasons.

on third and 11 or greater — the situation most similar to the one the Dolphins faced — there have been just two plays called with eight or more pass rushers. And that’s counting the play run by Miami on Monday night.

Unless, of course, the goal wasn’t actually to win. In that case, it was the perfect call.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...rying-to-lose/
    So you're saying Flores cashed the check? Be hard to use that as leverage in his lawsuit, if he followed through as suggested here

Merry Christmas

So you're saying Flores cashed the check? Be hard to use that as leverage in his lawsuit, if he followed through as suggested here

He might not have cashed the check. Or maybe he did.

I think that if your boss tells you to lose games and you dont follow thru with the direction that your boss wants, then you might get fired. So I would not be shocked if a guy gets a shot at his dream job, was more afraid of losing the job than losing some games. Then I would not be surprised if he changed his mind because it wasnt the right thing to do and that strained a relationship that got him fired after another winning season in Miami.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Did Bienemy get any interviews?

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He certainly will now. Probably have ajob by Monday

Merry Christmas

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecoat96 View Post
    Or...and hear me out...Hue Jackson just really sucks as a HC.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    That might be true but, Raiders fans thought he did a decent job with what he had in Oakland. I'm not saying he's a great coach. I just don't think he is/was that terrible. I'm betting the situation in Cleveland had a ton to do with it.

Saints want to talk to him

Merry Christmas

At what level do minority coaches take on some responsibility to mentor the next group of candidates?

I know Dungy has said he took that part of the job personally. Tomlin has been possibly a result of that.

I cant remember Tomlin bringing in any young minority coaches and helping develop them.

On a side note these owners always want to capture the current lighting in a bottle.

Nearly every coach that ever worked with belicheck got a job at some point regardless of race, some multiple attempts.

Merry Christmas

Saints want to talk to him

Seems like he should be garnering more interest…

Seems like he should be garnering more interest…
    I read Broncos interviewed him early

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Hue made a ton of cash if he was paid for losses!

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Post Re: Former Dolphins coach Brian Flores files class action lawsuit against the NY Giants and the NFL, claiming racial discrimination.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Stephen Ross = "Rachel Phelps" from "Major League."

On a side note: After all these years and countless times watching this movie, I just now realized that Harris was reading a copy of "Hustler" magazine while scolding Cerrano on religion. Never noticed that before.
    To show you where my head is at, I noticed it immediately.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    You would be a BILLIONAIRE if you got paid to coach the Browns to losses.

Seriously can we just admit that the Rooney Rule while it is meant in good intentions is clearly racist? Could you imagine if you replaced African American with Asian in the rule? The league is made up of African American players (60%) that mostly get paid millions. Heck the league minimum is $660K/year. If African Americans want to coach there is nothing stopping them from coaching. There is no secret KKK owners meetings holding them back. This isn't 1960.

And it is so funny that the team that the "Rooney Rule" was named after is the only one with a black head coach.

I think the NFL should make the Romney Rule next which would require each team to interview a Mormon as well.

Well he got Lovie Smith a job.

Merry Christmas

So the Texans are down to McCown or Flores. Flores files a lawsuit and Texans want out of that Flores talk…they can’t go with McCown because he’s white and then Flores would just throw the Texans name into the lawsuit…let’s hire an African-American re-tread as a head coach and hope this blows over then we will get a real coach?

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

So the Texans are down to McCown or Flores. Flores files a lawsuit and Texans want out of that Flores talk…they can’t go with McCown because he’s white and then Flores would just throw the Texans name into the lawsuit…let’s hire an African-American re-tread as a head coach and hope this blows over then we will get a real coach?
    That's my point, the whole Rooney rule is nothing but a hot racist mess and should be removed by the NFL immediately. You cannot combat racism with racism, there has to be a better way.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Well....McCown isn't a real coach either. He hasn't coached more than part-time above the high school level for even a minute. Influenced by the lawsuit or not, the Texans have run two preposterous coaching searched in a row because they are run by incompetent buffoons.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually wish that the Steelers hire Flores as a special defensive assistant or some other random title. Guy is a good coach and it would be fun to see one team piss on the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Well....McCown isn't a real coach either. He hasn't coached more than part-time above the high school level for even a minute. Influenced by the lawsuit or not, the Texans have run two preposterous coaching searched in a row because they are run by incompetent buffoons.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually wish that the Steelers hire Flores as a special defensive assistant or some other random title. Guy is a good coach and it would be fun to see one team piss on the others.
    Point is they wanted two guys, the one guy went nutty and because of his nutty-ness, they had to go with a third guy because if they went with the second guy, the first guy would’ve went even more nutty…lol.

Oh boy here we go, they'll be combined with Flores class action

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

i would love it if they completely destroyed their cash cow known as the NFL. the NFL has turned into a pile of shit.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    i would love it if they completely destroyed their cash cow known as the NFL. the NFL has turned into a pile of shit.
    Lot of interest and record setting profits for this specific pile of shit.

Dozens of hate posts from you daily even.

Weird. Almost like you watch, read, and listen to NFL content multiple times a day. Almost like you feed that specific pile of shit $$$ every day.

Nah, after all, your over it, right?

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Brady, the Dolphins, and Flores.

https://larrybrownsports.com/footbal...20end%20there.

The Boston Globe’s Ben Volin published an article on Friday about Brady’s offseason. Volin says that Brady retired in February because he had a big plan in mind.
    The plan was for Brady to become a minority owner of the Miami Dolphins and also join the Dolphins’ front office.

Brady’s role with the Dolphins would have been similar to Derek Jeter’s role with the Miami Marlins, according to Volin.

Brady’s ties to the Dolphins include a relationship with team owner Stephen Ross, who is a massive donor/booster for Michigan football, which is where Brady played. The other tie is Dolphins minority owner Bruce Beal, whom Volin describes as Brady’s friend.

But the plan didn’t end there.

The Dolphins reportedly had thoughts about trading the Bucs to get Brady’s rights as a player so he could eventually come out of retirement and play for the team. As part of this grand plan, the Dolphins were also going to hire Sean Payton as head coach. Payton, who shares an agent with Brady, had recently stepped down as Saints head coach.

We shared many of these details in a report in late February.

So what happened and why didn’t this plan come to fruition?

Brian Flores filed his lawsuit the day Brady announced his retirement. There was so much negative attention and legal discovery that Miami was facing, the parties decided to call off the plan. The sides also recognized that hiring Brady and Payton, who are both white, would have reflected poorly given the timing of the situation.

Once the plan fell apart, Brady decided he should try to return to the Bucs prior to free agency so the team would still have a chance to build a competitive roster for 2022.

The entire plan sure is something, and there are quite a few takeaways.

One, Brady’s number one interest did not seem to be to return to the Bucs. Once he decided to return, it sure seems he didn’t want Arians back. Two, don’t be surprised if Brady tries to work his way to another team next offseason. And three, it’s apparent that Brady will have an interest in running/owning a team when he’s done playing.

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    That’s a pretty elaborate scheme…lol.

Arians was onto it though…he said they would only Brady’s rights for 5 first round picks.

That’s a pretty elaborate scheme…lol.

Arians was onto it though…he said they would only Brady’s rights for 5 first round picks.
    Too bad they didn't pull it off. Would have been interesting.

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    I guess another question is whether either of them in fact accepted money for throwing games ... seems like that would earn you a lifetime ban from the league so fast it'd make your head spin. Probably for the owners that offered it too.

Of course, this will probably have a nice inconclusive investigation that's not made public, and wind up under the category of "unproven allegations."
    Do you mean the NFL is not rigged anymore?
    All Defense!