View Poll Results: Which FA do you want the MOST?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Terron Armstead, OT

0 0%
  • Orlando Brown, Jr., OT

6 27.27%
  • Ryan Jensen, C

10 45.45%
  • Chandler Jones, OLB

0 0%
  • JC Jackson, CB

3 13.64%
  • Carlton Davis, CB

0 0%
  • Darious Williams, CB

0 0%
  • Akiem Hicks, DT

2 9.09%
  • Laken Tomlinson, G

0 0%
  • other

1 4.55%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Which FREE AGENT would you want to sign the MOST?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Which FREE AGENT would you want to sign the MOST?

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    sorry..i dont get the reference.

Whitehead would save a lot of plane fares if he was in Pittsburgh ( beaver is 30 min car ride ) and he clearly gets a lot of tat work so ....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Whitehead would save a lot of plane fares if he was in Pittsburgh ( beaver is 30 min car ride ) and he clearly gets a lot of tat work so ....
    oh ok. i thought you were talking about a tattoo artist named jordan whitehead. you didnt put the 's after whitehead...lol

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

@orion

I can see the logic in your strategy. Instead of just securing the LT spot, you would fill three holes. If I were to do that, I’d snag Jensen (center), Carlton Davis (CB), and I’m not sure there’s be much leftover, but give me Harrison Phillips (DT).

That said, I feel that our O-line is two players away from being pretty darn good. Dotson and Moore are already as good as Jensen, and I feel Green at RG would rekindle his career. That leaves center (draft) and LT… and I simply want the best LT out there.

Senior Member Array title="Orion has a reputation beyond repute"> Orion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    @orion

I can see the logic in your strategy. Instead of just securing the LT spot, you would fill three holes. If I were to do that, I’d snag Jensen (center), Carlton Davis (CB), and I’m not sure there’s be much leftover, but give me Harrison Phillips (DT).

That said, I feel that our O-line is two players away from being pretty darn good. Dotson and Moore are already as good as Jensen, and I feel Green at RG would rekindle his career. That leaves center (draft) and LT… and I simply want the best LT out there.
    carlton davis is a big ticket item. he will be get paid as a top CB in the 18-20 million range. so i left him off the list.

i would certainly call ryan jensen, but he wouldnt be my 1st phone call out of this years free agent centers.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    carlton davis is a big ticket item. he will be get paid as a top CB in the 18-20 million range. so i left him off the list.

i would certainly call ryan jensen, but he wouldnt be my 1st phone call out of this years free agent centers.
    True. I figured about $14-15 million for Davis and $4-5 million for Jensen (with maaaybe $4-5 million for Harrison Phillips)... which is about the same as it would cost for Brown.

True. I figured about $14-15 million for Davis and $4-5 million for Jensen (with maaaybe $4-5 million for Harrison Phillips)... which is about the same as it would cost for Brown.
    centers are getting more expensive. in 2019 the highest paid center was getting 11.2 million avergage per year. now there are 2 over 12.5 and detroit threw 13.5 at frank ragnew. ryan jensens last contract was paying him 10.5 per year. i dont see him cutting his check in half to come to pittsburgh. 36 year old alex mack got a 3 year 15 million dollar deal. all the centers on my list are ranked in PFF's top 14 this year with jensen being 14th.

harrison phillips was the 9th highest graded tackle out of 135 against the run. his downfall is he offers nothing as a pass rusher. SPOTRAC estimates his market at a 2 year 5.4 million a year.

the guy that intrigues me is sebastion joseph-Day. he is listed 6-4 310lbs. 26 years old. he could play NT or DE
    Prior to the injury, Joseph-Day tallied 38 total tackles, five QB hits and three sacks while starting in each of Los Angeles' first seven games. He was also a key component to L.A.'s run defense, with a 48 percent run stop win rate that ranked second among NFL defensive tackles, according to ESPN.

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Steelers -- DL Akiem Hicks (Bears)

Pittsburgh enters the offseason with multiple needs, most of which should be able to be filled via the NFL draft. Positions like quarterback, offensive line and even wide receiver benefit from a deep draft. However one spot that lacks both top-tier talent and depth that the Steelers need is defensive line.

After enduring the loss of both Tyson Alualu and Stephon Tuitt in 2021, the run defense suffered. This offseason the Steelers could go a long way toward shoring things up by signing defensive lineman Akiem Hicks.

Hicks is a mountain of a man but plays with surprising quickness on the interiors. Hicks has 110 career starts and has proven his worth, even at 32 years old is playing great football. In 2021, Hicks had 3.5 sacks but it was his run support that stood out and should entice Pittsburgh to take a shot on him. — Curt Popejoy, Steelers Wire

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/l...ers-available/

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteeler View Post
    Steelers -- DL Akiem Hicks (Bears)

Pittsburgh enters the offseason with multiple needs, most of which should be able to be filled via the NFL draft. Positions like quarterback, offensive line and even wide receiver benefit from a deep draft. However one spot that lacks both top-tier talent and depth that the Steelers need is defensive line.

After enduring the loss of both Tyson Alualu and Stephon Tuitt in 2021, the run defense suffered. This offseason the Steelers could go a long way toward shoring things up by signing defensive lineman Akiem Hicks.

Hicks is a mountain of a man but plays with surprising quickness on the interiors. Hicks has 110 career starts and has proven his worth, even at 32 years old is playing great football. In 2021, Hicks had 3.5 sacks but it was his run support that stood out and should entice Pittsburgh to take a shot on him. — Curt Popejoy, Steelers Wire

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/l...ers-available/
    I’ve changed my mind.

FA: DT/NT, Hicks
    R1: C, Linderbaum (or, RT, Penning)
    R2: RT (or, C)

According to Jeremy Fowler (ESPN), the Steelers are interested in Buccaneers center Ryan Jensen and Niners RG Laken Tomlinson.

Orion will be happy about Jensen. I’m not excited about Tomlinson (even though I listed his name on the poll), because I’d rather move Kendrick Green to RG.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

According to Jeremy Fowler (ESPN), the Steelers are interested in Buccaneers center Ryan Jensen and Niners RG Laken Tomlinson.

Orion will be happy about Jensen. I’m not excited about Tomlinson (even though I listed his name on the poll), because I’d rather move Kendrick Green to RG.
    Green can be the primary G/C backup to start the season.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

From the report I saw, that's based on ZERO besides talking heads playing connect the cap space for a handful of teams.

Wouldn't put much stock in it.

Any team without high end options at the position should be interested in those two players.

It's silly season nonsense.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Well. We won’t be able to afford any high priced FAs after we pay to resign Juju and Minka and …

pay Rodgers!!

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

whichever one plays OL, DL, or QB and doesn't suck

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Green can be the primary G/C backup to start the season.
    That would be if we signed both Jensen snd Tomlinson.

If we only sign a RG, I’d be disappointed (because that would signal that Green is staying at center).

The Chiefs used the franchise tag on Orlando Brown, Jr.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Ryan Jensen for me as well.

I had him high on my "want list" once I saw Kendrick Green getting lost, tossed, and missing assignments all season. Granted he is a rookie, I get it. But I think the CENTER has to come with some experience and leadership. I think we put a lot on Green's plate as rookie.

I am hoping that Tom Brady's retirement will trigger a mass exudes in Tampa Bay. Which Jensen will now leave at a lower cost.

If Zach Banner and Dotson are healthy.

LT: Dan Moore JR
    LG: Kevin Dotson
    C: Ryan Jensen
    RG: Kendrick Green
    RT: Zach Banner.

Addition to this.

I would still target a TRUE LT or Mauling Guard in the draft. What we learned last year is that we have ZERO depth in our O-line. When our starters get hurt , we take a tremendous drop in productivity and talent.

Tackle- Daniel Faalele, Trevor Penning, Charles Cross
    Guard: Jamaree Salyer , Darrian Kinnard, Zion Johnson, ( I think one of these guys will drop to the 2nd or 3rd) (All these guys can also play tackle)

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    Ryan Jensen for me as well.

I had him high on my "want list" once I saw Kendrick Green getting lost, tossed, and missing assignments all season. Granted he is a rookie, I get it. But I think the CENTER has to come with some experience and leadership. I think we put a lot on Green's plate as rookie.

I am hoping that Tom Brady's retirement will trigger a mass exudes in Tampa Bay. Which Jensen will now leave at a lower cost.

If Zach Banner and Dotson are healthy.

LT: Dan Moore JR
    LG: Kevin Dotson
    C: Ryan Jensen
    RG: Kendrick Green
    RT: Zach Banner.

Addition to this.

I would still target a TRUE LT or Mauling Guard in the draft. What we learned last year is that we have ZERO depth in our O-line. When our starters get hurt , we take a tremendous drop in productivity and talent.

Tackle- Daniel Faalele, Trevor Penning, Charles Cross
    Guard: Jamaree Salyer , Darrian Kinnard, Zion Johnson, ( I think one of these guys will drop to the 2nd or 3rd) (All these guys can also play tackle)
    the thing was with green , he looked just as bad in his last performance as he did his first. when there is no drop off with a practice squad player, then something just aint right.

Not that he’s a free agent, but I wonder if the Seahawks would give up DK for a R2 pick…

I mean… they are in firesale mode.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Jensen and JC Jackson would be a good FA haul, then trade up to get your QB

QB room of MR, FA (Trubisky), Pickett or Howell

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Not that he’s a free agent, but I wonder if the Seahawks would give up DK for a R2 pick…

Pretty much, they traded their franchise QB who's only 33 (not old for a QB) which says everything really. I'd take DK for a #2

Though I don't know if he's on the trading block tbh, if you're going with a new QB, the last thing you want to do is get rid of your capable receivers

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Any thoughts on bringing in Bobby Wagner to replace Joe Schobert? The Seahawks are about to cut him.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I can’t believe Pete survived all this.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I can’t believe Pete survived all this.
    I can't believe he would allow it to happen. The guy is 70 years old and entering a rebuild? I mean he looks great for 70 years old but why would he want to go through a rebuild at that age and not just try to win one more with Wilson?

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Jordan Hicks just released by the Cards, I would be on board with that pickup at LB

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Any thoughts on bringing in Bobby Wagner to replace Joe Schobert? The Seahawks are about to cut him.
    I would do this, him or Jordan Hicks, then all we need to Def is a DB

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I guess we don't actually know, but we do all pretty much assume the Steelers will make some FA signings before the draft. Typically they don't enter the feeding frenzy of the first 2 weeks though. How long will we wait before the Steelers ink their first FA deal this year?

I'm thinking the Steelers will re-sign:
    RT Chuks
    RG Turner
    OC Hassenauer
    Safety Edmunds
    CB Witherspoon
    CB Maulet
    CB Acy
    DT Christmas
    LB Allen
    LB Spillane
    QB Haskins
    WR JuJu

Some of these are ERFA and some are signings so we don't go into the draft empty. Witherspoon and JuJu will be priority re-signings, IMO.

As far as the open FA market goes, I think the Steelers will definitely be shopping for a RT, RG, OC, CB, and ILB. I do not think the Steelers will make one of these signings during the 1st 2 weeks feeding frenzy though. Again, I believe the way the Steelers do things is to plug holes with FA and build the team through the draft. This year there is available cap money to shop with however.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

JuJu.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    As far as the open FA market goes, I think the Steelers will definitely be shopping for a RT, RG, OC, CB, and ILB. I do not think the Steelers will make one of these signings during the 1st 2 weeks feeding frenzy though. Again, I believe the way the Steelers do things is to plug holes with FA and build the team through the draft. This year there is available cap money to shop with however.
    Normally I would agree, but they are usually low on FA $$’s to spend every year. This year they are not. I hope they go after 1-2 too FA’s (my preference is OL and either ILB or CB)

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    He’d be a huge upgrade, but he’s also be expensive…