Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DC Candidate: Saints DB Coach - Kris Richard

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: DC Candidate: Saints DB Coach - Kris Richard

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    OK, so the NFL is approximately 70% Black, 25% white and 5% other(hispanic, Asian, etc). While the coaching is approximately 12% minority and 88% white.

If you want the best person for the job regardless of race, sex, origin, etc. then its difficult to say some names like Adam Gase, Joe Judge as believing they got a better shot than Jim Caldwell or Eric Bienemy and Byron Leftwich, because there were more skilled. The reality is that Old White Owners are more comfortable with white guys being the face of their franchise from a coaching perspective.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, so the NFL is approximately 70% Black, 25% white and 5% other(hispanic, Asian, etc). While the coaching is approximately 12% minority and 88% white.

If you want the best person for the job regardless of race, sex, origin, etc. then its difficult to say some names like Adam Gase, Joe Judge as believing they got a better shot than Jim Caldwell or Eric Bienemy and Byron Leftwich, because there were more skilled. The reality is that Old White Owners are more comfortable with white guys being the face of their franchise from a coaching perspective.

coaching is 12% minority ? sorry I do not buy that , maybe head coaching typically is that but isnt that basically the same rate of people on this country in general ?

but I would contest the claims 12% of coaches in the NFL are minorities in general ....

have a look at the steelers staff ..... 11 of 14 are minority coaches

the ravens have 9 black coaches

bengals have 5

browns have 8

I would say that is far greater than 12% of our division , not gonna go through the entire league

I did not count how many total coaches each team has but lets assume its 14 like the steelers that would mean there are 56 coaches in our division 33 of them being minorities that would equate to 58% of the coaches being minorities ... that is far greater than the percentage of minority people in this country

I stand by hire the best candidate for the job and everybody wins
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    coaching is 12% minority ? sorry I do not buy that , maybe head coaching typically is that but isnt that basically the same rate of people on this country in general ?

but I would contest the claims 12% of coaches in the NFL are minorities in general ....

have a look at the steelers staff ..... 11 of 14 are minority coaches

the ravens have 9 black coaches

bengals have 5

browns have 8

I would say that is far greater than 12% of our division , not gonna go through the entire league

I did not count how many total coaches each team has but lets assume its 14 like the steelers that would mean there are 56 coaches in our division 33 of them being minorities that would equate to 58% of the coaches being minorities ... that is far greater than the percentage of minority people in this country

I stand by hire the best candidate for the job and everybody wins
    You said there are 4 minority head coaches, so that equates to 12.5%. Info from the 2019 TIDES (Institute for Diversity and Ethics In Sport) report on the NFL puts minority assistant coaches at 33.6%(black assistant coaches were 29.6%). It was 35.5% in 2018.

It essentially looks like its OK to have minority coaches in the NFL and they exist as around 35% of the coaches, but they dont get the same opportunities to be the Head Coach, where only 12% of them are in the role.

The best candidate is not getting the job. The point of the Rooney Rule was to open opportunities, but most have figured out how to get around that by just interviewing Duce Staley in sweatpants to meet the requirement of a minority interview.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Jags to Hire Leftwich as HC

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Jags to Hire Leftwich as HC
    I really like lefty, I think he will be a good one as long as he doesn't hurt himself running into the EZ untouched.

Vikings finalize deal with Kwesi Adofo-Mensah as new general manager

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I really like lefty, I think he will be a good one as long as he doesn't hurt himself running into the EZ untouched.
    Sounds like foreshadowing of some stuff that will likely happen in JAX. Seriously I think Leftwich is a natural as a former QB himself that has put in some time as a position coach and coordinator in the NFL. He understands todays players and by the story Shady McCoy tells here, they like him.

Bears hire Chiefs exec Ryan Poles as new general manager

- - - Updated - - -

3 solid minority hires at some of the highest positions available in the NFL in the last 24 hours ..1 HC and 2 GM jobs

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Bears hire Chiefs exec Ryan Poles as new general manager

- - - Updated - - -

3 solid minority hires at some of the highest positions available in the NFL in the last 24 hours ..1 HC and 2 GM jobs
    And possibly none would have happened without the Rooney Rule.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    Doing a celebratory flip lol

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Doing a celebratory flip lol
    Just because he’s uncoordinated.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Sounds like foreshadowing of some stuff that will likely happen in JAX. Seriously I think Leftwich is a natural as a former QB himself that has put in some time as a position coach and coordinator in the NFL. He understands todays players and by the story Shady McCoy tells here, they like him.

I wish him all the best and while I'm wishing, it would have been nice to have him back in Pittsburgh.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that the team wants to interview Cowboys secondary coach Joe Whitt for the opening. They’ve already shown interest in speaking to Giants defensive coordinator Patrick Graham and Saints secondary coach Kris Richard as well.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

the hiring cycle has just begun and its not for just HC its for all coaches ....

we had more in 2021 than 1 .... a few lost their jobs ( and at least 1 will likely get another shot Flores as he IMO shouldn't have been fired )

its NOT about BLACK its about minority ... so in other words Asian , Latin American , Indian , American Indian etc etc etc etc ...

Last I checked Ron Rivera fits into that category as well ( in 2021 Anthony Lynn and Brian Flores along with Mike Tomlin ) so right there thats 4 Minority head coaches off the top of my head and countless coordinators and position coaches ..

but we can agree to disagree , if it were me I would be insulted to get an interview based on the color of my skin and not for the knowledge I possessed
    Go to this thread,this is a problem in the NFL right now...Huge problem

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/foru...217#post794217