Thread: Tom Brady could retire after this year

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Tom Brady could retire after this year

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Tom Brady could retire after this year

Of course he is........now that he can't ruin Ben's chances of winning another Superbowl. I still think Ben would have had one more ring along the line somewhere if it weren't for him.

Jesse James caught the ball.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

That would make my year, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Of course, recalling the disgusting display by every media outlet under the sun when he got knocked out for the season back in 2008, I'm really not looking forward to what I'm sure will be an endless gushing and downright nauseating postmortem of his career once he finally does go away. What's more, the league and media will be in everybody's face with it, so it will also be unavoidable.

"The NFL NEEDS Tom Brady." - Chris Berman, 2008

Hell, I also wouldn't be surprised if the NFL bent the rules the way the NHL did for Gretzky and put him in the HoF immediately as opposed to making him wait 5 years.

If such a spectacle does occur, and considering the Steelers are likely looking at a few down years coming up (not at all looking forward to the Mason Rudolph era), I will probably finally and completely tune out at that point. I've been heading in that direction for a number of years now anyway (Good job, Goodell...golf clap).

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They say this every time…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Ghost Poster Array title="ALLD has a reputation beyond repute"> ALLD's Avatar

If he's talking about it, then he is already retired emotionally. Fact is he benefited more from favorable rule changes and kid glove ref treatment than any other NFL player in history. He's got the rings too, but real football fans know it degraded the league.

The NFL can thank the NBA for being more corrupt and the WWE for being more choreographed, but the Tom Brady BS over the last 20 years because he was marketable left a stench. I have more respect for Jerry Jones and he is a sleazy man.

The last really great NFL dynasties were the 90s Cowboys, 80s 49ers, early 70s Dolphins who caught lightning in a bottle for a few years and the 60s Packers. Of course it has been scientifically proven the 1970s Steelers were the greatest of all time. One could mention the Pats somewhere, but with an *.
    All Defense!

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ALLD View Post
    Fact is he benefited more from favorable rule changes and kid glove ref treatment than any other NFL player in history. He's got the rings too, but real football fans know it degraded the league.
    This.

Senior Member Array title="vader29 has a reputation beyond repute"> vader29's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Arians gonna call Ben for a bridge QB Job…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

very likely...

I didn't watch the game, but I understand Brady actually hung around on the field to congratulate Rams players afterward instead of beat feet to the locker room to sulk like he always has after losses, so there's that.

It's a small thing, but it is significant, so maybe there is something to the retirement talk after all.

And if it is true, I'd like to offer the following: