Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The odds for who will be the starting QB of the steelers in 2022

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Re: The odds for who will be the starting QB of the steelers in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    He was talking about Ryan Tannehill
    You're right. Sorry

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

nobody is gonna try and snatch Haskins away at the tune of a 1st round pick ( sadly )

a lot to be desired in that 9er vs Pack game but there is no denying my boy was on spot Aaron Jones is a special talent in this league 170 rushing / receiving yards last night ....
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I agree....Jimmy G has also a chance to become the worst starting QB ever to make the super bowl twice!

4-1 for him as starter in the playoffs but only 2 TD pass and 5 interception...If the 49ers don't win the super bowl this year it will be like the steelers in the 1990s....Great team at almost every position,good coaching but the QB can't step up when this is the time like his 4th quarter against the chiefs in the SB(or O'Donnell vs cowboys in 1995)

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/post/
    5 playoff games 2td 5int and a winning record. That is amazing.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    5 playoff games 2td 5int and a winning record. That is amazing.

and this

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

This is almost official that Haskins will be back at 2.5 millions

Haskins has got to be excited. 2.5 mil for nothing so far

Merry Christmas

and this

Epic game manager

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    And anyone thinking he'll want to be a part of Pittsburgh's rebuild is kookoocatcho.

44 mil over is great when you make the SB not so much being bounced at home in your first game. Just don't understand. I watched enough of thier games Thai year and they clearly can dominate but they flopped after a Lewis fumble and the blocked FG

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Yeah, that's kinda been a "trend" with him for the last decade or so. Of course, plenty of excuses are always made for it.

Rodgers has taken Manning's place as the NFL's "Mr. October," it seems...
    I thought he played well, but not enough to elevate the players around him. I really think they need a top notch TE

Merry Christmas

For Mojouw

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

and this

But how can that be? Playoff wins are a QB statistic and if the QB plays lousy, then how does the team win??

Could it actually be that there are 52 other guys on the team that contribute to winning, so wins are actually not a QB stat??

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    But how can that be? Playoff wins are a QB statistic and if the QB plays lousy, then how does the team win??

Could it actually be that there are 52 other guys on the team that contribute to winning, so wins are actually not a QB stat??
    Of course, we have to have a context in each stats....And no the QB is not just one of the 53 players on the team, it's the most important position....We must not forget that the 49ers almost missed the playoffs this year because of the big part of the QB position and Jimmy G was the reason why they lost the super bowl 2 years ago

It's very rare to see a team go far with a QB like that and even more rare to do that multiple times....I mean,Jimmy G could be the worst or one of the 3 worst QB in NFL history to make the super bowl twice as starter and the worst in almost 40 years....Almost cost the game against Dallas, too... He's very lucky

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

For Mojouw

Thanks!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

As much as I want Rodgers I really think the Steelers will follow their typical approach and just go with Mason Rudolph spending their top 3 picks on the offensive line and other needs. If MR shits the bed in 2022 then they will draft his replacement in 2023.

If it is true and Ben wasn't running Canada's offense (not sure how that is possible) and MR can run it then it will be interesting to see how next year goes with MR. I'm not expecting it to go well but who knows. Unless we land someone like Rodgers or Wilson via trade expect our team to be a .500 team (or worse) for the near future. Right now the Bengals are the cream of the crop in the AFC North and Burrow is only going to get better. The only thing we have going for us on that front is the Bengals are the Bengals.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Yeah that makes it all sound so easy, yet team after team draft highly ranked QBs who end up being at best career backups if that.

What's easy is rolling with Mason Rudolph.

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Having Haskins and thinking he’s a bargain because other teams will have to give up a first round pick is like having a treadmill that you probably won’t use that cost $10,000 before but now only costs $3,000. Sounds like a good deal but it is still way overpriced. And it’s meaningless unless he can play and win. And I don’t think he can.

I have always said that this kid is a head case. If he has any bit of success - it will get to his head and he will stop being disciplined to be able to achieve further success. I’m not singling him out. Even Ben was not disciplined enough to attain his full potential even though he did accomplish much. But this kid has it worse. No matter how much talent he has - his immaturity will sabotage it. He will mature one day but it will be too late. His body will be too old. I see this so often in the league. It’s rare to see a combination of mental maturity and physical talent being on the same page. I would move on from Haskins

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Having Haskins and thinking he’s a bargain because other teams will have to give up a first round pick is like having a treadmill that you probably won’t use that cost $10,000 before but now only costs $3,000. Sounds like a good deal but it is still way overpriced. And it’s meaningless unless he can play and win. And I don’t think he can.

I have always said that this kid is a head case. If he has any bit of success - it will get to his head and he will stop being disciplined to be able to achieve further success. I’m not singling him out. Even Ben was not disciplined enough to attain his full potential even though he did accomplish much. But this kid has it worse. No matter how much talent he has - his immaturity will sabotage it. He will mature one day but it will be too late. His body will be too old. I see this so often in the league. It’s rare to see a combination of mental maturity and physical talent being on the same page. I would move on from Haskins
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

ARod looks like the walking dead ..................

not sure what he is doing but the last couple years really caught up with him from a looks perspective he aged 10 in 2
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

If a pitcher gives up 11 runs over 5 innings and leaves the game ahead 13-11 and goes on to win, should the pitcher not get the W since he pitched poorly?

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

ARod looks like the walking dead ..................

not sure what he is doing but the last couple years really caught up with him from a looks perspective he aged 10 in 2
    Speculations and rumors of retirement in the NFL. Can you picture a HoF class with Ben, Rodgers, and Brady?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

What if Haskins has a Tannehill level turnaround? Or his own "lightbulb" moment.

$2.5 million in cap $$$ that goes OFF the books if you cut him and zero draft capital is about as cheap as you can get for even a bad lottery ticket at QB.

For me, it is not that I really truly believe that Haskins is going to be the next great QB or anything. But...I think that if it doesn't work out and they cut him...they are out basically nothing.

Heck, if I ran a team, I would take a handful of QBs to camp every single year. Take a look see.

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Speculations and rumors of retirement in the NFL. Can you picture a HoF class with Ben, Rodgers, and Brady?
    and Gronk...If Brady is out,this will be the same thing for him

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Highest probability is still MR but Rodgers odds just went up - giving away those first round picks though….Steelers need to fill holes (o line, ILB, Haden’s replacement, WR in that order roughly). If Rodgers wants to come here I still say Steelers make it work

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    What if Haskins has a Tannehill level turnaround? Or his own "lightbulb" moment.

$2.5 million in cap $$$ that goes OFF the books if you cut him and zero draft capital is about as cheap as you can get for even a bad lottery ticket at QB.

For me, it is not that I really truly believe that Haskins is going to be the next great QB or anything. But...I think that if it doesn't work out and they cut him...they are out basically nothing.

Heck, if I ran a team, I would take a handful of QBs to camp every single year. Take a look see.
    That’s a really, really BIG what if…

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    That’s a really, really BIG what if…
    Absolutely. But it cost the team basically nothing to find out.

Hodges was a good idea to see if a kid that fearlessly threw for a bazillion yards at a low level could make it happen in the NFL.

Lynch was a good idea to see if his talent could be harnessed.

I would do this every year or so. Who knows what could happen. Maybe you find something. Or maybe it goes badly. If so, so what?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Absolutely. But it cost the team basically nothing to find out.

Hodges was a good idea to see if a kid that fearlessly threw for a bazillion yards at a low level could make it happen in the NFL.

Lynch was a good idea to see if his talent could be harnessed.

I would do this every year or so. Who knows what could happen. Maybe you find something. Or maybe it goes badly. If so, so what?
    I agree with you. Just not putting any what if aspirations into Haskins. He has a big enough resume to assume that it’s not going to work.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Tannehill is trash as is Jimmy G ........ both can have their moments but they are over shadowed by equally bad moments and IMO neither should be considered franchise QBs or even about average starters ....

fringe starters
    Let me put it this way, when you watch the 49ers' offense, it looks like a real offense. When Garoppolo throws the ball down the field, you think, "oh, someone might catch this," not "shit, he chucked another one up there, what's about to go wrong." When it's 3rd-and-8, you'll often see Jimmy G hit a receiver across the middle for 10 or 15 yards, not uncork a wild one behind the receiver in the dirt, and the 2-yard sideline dumpoff doesn't get thrown on 3rd-and-8.

Can you say any of those things about the Steelers' offense really over the past three years? We don't need a franchise quarterback, just having a quarterback at all would go a long way for this team.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Let me put it this way, when you watch the 49ers' offense, it looks like a real offense. When Garoppolo throws the ball down the field, you think, "oh, someone might catch this," not "shit, he chucked another one up there, what's about to go wrong." When it's 3rd-and-8, you'll often see Jimmy G hit a receiver across the middle for 10 or 15 yards, not uncork a wild one behind the receiver in the dirt, and the 2-yard sideline dumpoff doesn't get thrown on 3rd-and-8.

Can you say any of those things about the Steelers' offense really over the past three years? We don't need a franchise quarterback, just having a quarterback at all would go a long way for this team.
    I think Ben in his prime - even a 2-3 years ago was way better than Garappolo. This year was a shit show. So you can’t use this year to compare. Having said that - I wouldn’t mind Garappolo

we need a A+ roster to contend if the steelers have Garappolo...I prefer to wait instead to wasted a high draft pick on him....Remember Sam Darnold was traded for a second round draft pick like year

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Keeping Haskins costs us nothing. We can cut him at any point, and we keep his salary. Even if he stays, taking a chance on a former R1 QB for $2.5 million is a steal.

What I hope happens, though... is that a team signs Haskins, and we acquire their R1 pick. Come on, Jaguars!!!

we need a A+ roster to contend if the steelers have Garappolo...I prefer to wait instead to wasted a high draft pick on him....Remember Sam Darnold was traded for a second round draft pick like year
    They’ll need an A+ roster with Aaron Rodgers if they are going to compete with the Bills and Chiefs.