Thread: Rank the 8 remaining head coach in the playoffs

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Rank the 8 remaining head coach in the playoffs

Who, from 1 to 8 are the best head coach right now?

the 8 remaining head coach in the playoffs

Mike Vrabel
    Zach Taylor
    Matt Lafleur
    Kyle Shanahan
    Sean McVay
    Bruce Arians
    Andy Reid
    Sean McDermott

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Rank the 8 remaining head coach in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by polamalubeast View Post
    Who, from 1 to 8 are the best head coach right now?

the 8 remaining head coach in the playoffs

Mike Vrabel
    Zach Taylor
    Matt Lafleur
    Kyle Shanahan
    Sean McVay
    Bruce Arians
    Andy Reid
    Sean McDermott
    Reid
    McDermott
    LaFleur
    Vrabel
    Arians
    McVay
    Shanahan
    Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Reid
    McDermott
    LaFleur
    Vrabel
    Arians
    McVay
    Shanahan
    Taylor
    I know someone has to drive the bus, but is riwd really that good of a head coach? A Greta OC, creative and all that .
    But, he's working with Hill, Mahommes, Kelce, not like he's struggling with subpar talent

Getting the most out of the talent, I gotta say Vrabel and Shanahan are my top two.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I know someone has to drive the bus, but is riwd really that good of a head coach? A Greta OC, creative and all that .
    But, he's working with Hill, Mahommes, Kelce, not like he's struggling with subpar talent

Getting the most out of the talent, I gotta say Vrabel and Shanahan are my top two.

Reid has been a very good HC for more than 20 years with several players and QB and he won over 100 games with 2 different teams

Yes, he has a lot of talent in his offense right now, but he was great before too so he deserves the benefit of the doubt

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Reid has been a very good HC for more than 20 years with several players and QB and he won over 100 games with 2 different teams

Yes, he has a lot of talent in his offense right now, but he was great before too so he deserves the benefit of the doubt
    Personal opinion any coach left in the playoffs could win with the KC roster. I'm not sure that Ried could win with Titans or 9ers roster.

Merry Christmas

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Rank the 8 remaining head coach in the playoffs

Reid got somethjng out of those Eagles teams too (much less of a roster than some teams still left in playoffs) and he probably would’ve won back to back Super Bowls had he not lost an offensive line a couple weeks before the game. Even without Kelce or Hill in there, the team really doesn’t miss a beat. Reid also had a hand in building said teams so he should be “punished” for that?

You could say similar about Vrabel. I mean his offensive line is the equivalent of having Top-3 offensive weapons. They put D’Ontae Foreman behind that line and the guy was just as good as Derrick Henry. Derrick Henry - 4.3 yards per carry, 3.32 yards after contact
    D'Onta Foreman - 4.3 yards per carry, 2.90 yards after contact. He also has a pretty good receiving corp in AJ Brown and lower-tiered Julio.

If you are going by that, you could put Shanahan above both as he’s probably working with the least amount of talent of all the remaining teams.

Personal opinion any coach left in the playoffs could win with the KC roster. I'm not sure that Ried could win with Titans or 9ers roster.

He might not be able to win with those teams because the roster construction may not be there to run his offense.

maybe but not many would been able to lead the eagles to 4 NFC title game in a row back in 2004....And like 86WARD said,Reid has a said for the roster and draft

Jon Runyan, Hank Fraley, tra Thomas

Pretty decent Oline
    Probowl QB, like him or not
    Terrell Owens

Yah he definitely coached a talantless team

He obviously can build a roster and that's a huge thing

Merry Christmas

Every coach needs the right players to win.... But before Terrell Owens, the Eagles had nothing as receiver but they were still often in the NFC title game

Also, outside of 2005, when his backup QB wasn't even good enough for the CFL, Reid always had success with his backup QBs, like AJ Feeley, who was an failure outside from Philadelphia....And even Vick who came getting out of jail was successful one season under Reid

Reid has always been great at getting the best out of his QBs, no matter how good they are.

Every coach needs the right players to win.... But before Terrell Owens, the Eagles had nothing as receiver but they were still often in the NFC title game

Also, outside of 2005, when his backup QB wasn't even good enough for the CFL, Reid always had success with his backup QBs, like AJ Feeley, who was an failure outside from Philadelphia....And even Vick who came getting out of jail was successful one season under Reid

Reid has always been great at getting the best out of his QBs, no matter how good they are.
    After Owens, they also had nothing at WR. Duce Staley and Brian Westbrook were beneficiaries of Reid’s system.

Both Vrabel and Reid are great coaches and Reid has been doing it consistently for a pretty long time.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

The only way I know to rank these coaches would be as next HC for the Steelers. And that list would probably fluctuate year after year. But as for the results they got this season...

Shanahan
    Vrabel
    Taylor
    LaFleur
    McDermott
    McVay
    Reid
    Arians

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Taylor’s conservative third down calls, love for punting, and questionable red zone calls make me want to push him way down the list.

Jimmy G worst ever. So does that move Shanahan to the top of the list

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

There’s only one still playing who has a bum for a QB — Kyle Shanahan. I’m giving it to him