Thread: Steelers Sign 12 To Reserve/Future Contract

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Steelers Sign 12 To Reserve/Future Contract

All of the players who were signed spent time on the team's practice squad during the 2021 season and include the following: defensive end Daniel Archibong, wide receiver Rico Bussey, defensive tackle Khalil Davis, guard Nathan Gilliam, guard Malcolm Pridgeon, linebacker Delontae Scott, kicker Sam Sloman, defensive back Linden Stephens, tight end Jace Sternberger, safety Donovan Stiner, long snapper Rex Sunahara and wide receiver Tyler Vaughns.

https://www.steelers.com/news/steele...M_VzSUMltFfPh0

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Steelers Sign 12 To Reserve/Future Contract

The rebuild is complete!!

Senior Member Array title="BlackAndGold has a reputation beyond repute"> BlackAndGold's Avatar

Rico Bussey made a lot of plays during camp. Will be interesting to see what he does in year 2.
    1. Graham Barton, C, Duke 2. Ricky Pearsall, WR, Florida 3. Maason Smith, DT, LSU 3. Max Melton, CB, Rutgers 4. Blake Fisher, OT, Notre Dame 6. Tommy Eichenberg, ILB, Ohio State 6. MJ Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

championship!

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

Super Bowel!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Dynasty!!!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Well, at least some posters will be happy that the Steelers finally got Jace Sternberger at TE. I recall that he was on the radar for several.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I can not wrap my head around how Rico Bussey is an interesting thing that people want to see more of and Diontae Johnson is a useless player that people want cut.

But...I am finding life awful confusing this morning...

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Rico Bussey is in the Training Camp/Preseason Steelers Ring of Honor. He'll do fine for 1 yard routes for Matty Canada

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I can not wrap my head around how Rico Bussey is an interesting thing that people want to see more of and Diontae Johnson is a useless player that people want cut.

I'm just a fan because he's a Warrior lol

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I would never condone cutting DJ ( unless he did something awful off the field ) I would however be open to hearing trade offers but would take a 2nd to obtain him if I was the boss

but I would be in favor of limiting his influence on the ebb and flow of games , IMO he was force fed the ball and given a roll far to expanded for his level of reliability ... I guess the absence of JuJu played into that as well as the inability for someone else such as but not limited to Washington to step up and take away some of the hole felt by JuJu's absence , the fact that Claypool didn't take that sophomore leap and seemingly regressed from his rookie year be that from the offense we ran or ???

anyone with eyes can see the talent that DJ brings , but if those same eyes do not show one the failures then its a tough topic to discuss
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Cut DJ?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Cut DJ?
    Multiple people have made the statement around here. Maybe it was just an emotional reaction during and after the game?

Multiple people have made the statement around here. Maybe it was just an emotional reaction during and after the game?
    I wouldn’t think people would even think that was an option. If you cut DJ who is filling that production? And who is filling it at his price?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Cut DJ?
    No, that isnt happening. To suggest it is just silly.

Sure, comparatively his hands are not as good as Eli Rodgers were as another Steelers receiver with good lateral quickness and cut ability, but he is who he is. A player with basketball like cut ability and quickness to get off the jam and get RAC yards, who will have focus drops.

Uncle Rico Bussey could not beat out Cody White, so not really buying into the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    No, that isnt happening. To suggest it is just silly.

Sure, comparatively his hands are not as good as Eli Rodgers were as another Steelers receiver with good lateral quickness and cut ability, but he is who he is. A player with basketball like cut ability and quickness to get off the jam and get RAC yards, who will have focus drops.

Uncle Rico Bussey could not beat out Cody White, so not really buying into the hype.
    That’s why I was asking…I wouldn’t think of cutting him but evidently people have…

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

I have not seen the 'cut DJ' posts. Buy him a bucket of Bileitnikoff's stickum, sure. But no need to cut him.