Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coach Cuts?

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Coach Cuts?

Any thoughts on who may go?

I think Colbert is gone, by his choice of course.

Butler should be booted. His mind has been on the golf course for years.

D. Smith should be booted.

Canada will probably get another foot of rope.

This team needs some fresh aggressive minds in the coaching department.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Coach Cuts?

I can’t take their endeavors seriously if they retain Canada. I’ll be happy if Butler goes, but I’ll be pissed if Canada is not fired.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I can’t take their endeavors seriously if they retain Canada. I’ll be happy if Butler goes, but I’ll be pissed if Canada is not fired.
    I agree, but this team seems to sometimes think that misery is a virtue.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

ALL OFFENSIVE should be gone, and Tomlin ass 'smoldering'.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

I honestly think Canada is gone ... Tomlin didnt sound so pleased in the post game presser about the lack of ability to move the football and lets face it that is a direct reflection of your play caller ...

I would Love Ben to be offered the Job as OC but I doubt he would take it at this point ..maybe in a few years

Butler can go at any time I have never been a fan ..........

Danny smith ... I have a love hate relationship there .... our punting is always below the line but damn Boz is a beast and we have got a few blocks .... also not crazy about our return game or our ability to stop returners .... so if he goes Im good with it , if he stays it gives me a reason to complain

wouldn't it be nice to have an OC like Eric Bieniemy ?? who is the up and comer that translates that style of play calling because that is who I would like to see as a hire .......
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I honestly think Canada is gone ... Tomlin didnt sound so pleased in the post game presser about the lack of ability to move the football and lets face it that is a direct reflection of your play caller ...

I would Love Ben to be offered the Job as OC but I doubt he would take it at this point ..maybe in a few years

Butler can go at any time I have never been a fan ..........

Danny smith ... I have a love hate relationship there .... our punting is always below the line but damn Boz is a beast and we have got a few blocks .... also not crazy about our return game or our ability to stop returners .... so if he goes Im good with it , if he stays it gives me a reason to complain

wouldn't it be nice to have an OC like Eric Bieniemy ?? who is the up and comer that translates that style of play calling because that is who I would like to see as a hire .......
    I think Bieniemy is looking for a HC job. I'd love to have Leftwich as OC with the possibility of moving into the HC position, but he may get that job sooner rather than later.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    I think Bieniemy is looking for a HC job. I'd love to have Leftwich as OC with the possibility of moving into the HC position, but he may get that job sooner rather than later.
    If Bruce wins his second Super Bowl in a row does that make him the second greatest coach of all time?

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

If Bruce wins his second Super Bowl in a row does that make him the second greatest coach of all time?
    No, because Brady and Lefty are running the show, at least on the O side of the ball

Senior Member Array title="SteeleReign is a name known to all">

I've been quite critical of Tomlin's recent results, given the pedigree of many names on the roster. That said, he has earned the opportunity to meet his steepest challenge yet - life without a franchise quarterback.

I think many Tomlin-doubters have looked to the post-Big Ben era as Tomlin's make or break moment.

The next 3 years will tell the true tale for Mike Tomlin.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Canada is the one I really want to see gone, and I would've said the offensive line coach, but that's already taken care of. I am not too optimistic about any of our main coaching staff, to be honest.

I think it's time to move on from Tomlin, but we haven't fired the head coach in 50 years, so we're not going to do it now. Our coaching hot seat is the ass warmer in a luxury car.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I’m guessing - hoping they’re going to clean house

Canada is going to get the boot - someone has to take the fall for the ineptitude on offense and I don’t think it’s going to be Tomlin

Butler is gone too, he can retire, and they need a younger up and comer at DC - someone who Tomlin will have to let run the show on D

Danny Smith is old with stale ideas - needs to go too

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

From recent comments** to the media, my guess is that Canada is gone. The comments were in a similar vein to things Tomlin was saying about Klemm (before Klemm left). Lastly, since Tomlin has been calling the defensive plays for a while (which is too much for a HC to do), I would hope that Butler is ousted and Austin would take over as the DC.

**Normally, I would be able to reference specific comments, but I have been far too busy (omnicron has me working loooong days) to recall that information.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    From recent comments** to the media, my guess is that Canada is gone. The comments were in a similar vein to things Tomlin was saying about Klemm (before Klemm left). Lastly, since Tomlin has been calling the defensive plays for a while (which is too much for a HC to do), I would hope that Butler is ousted and Austin would take over as the DC.

**Normally, I would be able to reference specific comments, but I have been far too busy (omnicron has me working loooong days) to recall that information.
    Why Austin? Does he have fresh ideas, or are you just assuming he's next because that's what Tomlin does - promote from within?

Honest question.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    Canada is the one I really want to see gone, and I would've said the offensive line coach, but that's already taken care of. I am not too optimistic about any of our main coaching staff, to be honest.

I think it's time to move on from Tomlin, but we haven't fired the head coach in 50 years, so we're not going to do it now. Our coaching hot seat is the ass warmer in a luxury car.
    they went about overhauling Nolls staff in 90. I think they’ll do the same thing here, overhaul the staff before looking at the HC position

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
    Why Austin? Does he have fresh ideas, or are you just assuming he's next because that's what Tomlin does - promote from within?

Honest question.
    Austin has improved the secondary since he has gotten here. (Yes, last night sucked, but in general, it is lightyears better than five years ago.) Plus, he is the assistant DC right now; so, I can see that being a logical transition.

Austin has improved the secondary since he has gotten here. (Yes, last night sucked, but in general, it is lightyears better than five years ago.) Plus, he is the assistant DC right now; so, I can see that being a logical transition.
    Fair enough - I like the improvement from Edmunds and Sutton (to a degree). Witherspoon has surprised as well, how much of that is Austin unlocking his potential? Dunno, but I'd be fine with Austin taking over, provided that we don't continue to run the same, stale, predictable defense we've seen for the past few years.

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
    Fair enough - I like the improvement from Edmunds and Sutton (to a degree). Witherspoon has surprised as well, how much of that is Austin unlocking his potential? Dunno, but I'd be fine with Austin taking over, provided that we don't continue to run the same, stale, predictable defense we've seen for the past few years.
    Supposedly, Austin and Tomlin sat down with Witherspoon and taught him how to watch tape. He watched and watched... until he was ready to play.

Indeed. I think Austin will bring fresh ideas, without having to start from scratch.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    oh he absolutely is and rightfully so ....

But who is the guy in waiting ( hidden somewhere around the league ) that offers similar ideas and play calling style , imagination with substance to back it up .... who is this mystery man ... Hire him !

Whoever they boot, they must bring in talent from the outside and see what is out there. It makes no sense to limit coaching hires to just in house only unless someone in the Steeler brass just doesn't want to put the work in.

Anyone have anything on the QB coach. It's hard to know what he did this year for Ben.

Senior Member Array title="JayC is a glorious beacon of light"> JayC's Avatar

It’s almost 3pm how is Matt Canada still employed?

Quote Originally Posted by JayC View Post
    It’s almost 3pm how is Matt Canada still employed?
    They'll wait until the game is over tonight...

"The Cardinals have defeated the Rams... and Matt Canada has been fired."

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I like newly fired ex VT HC Justin Fuente for an interview for QB coach. Also like David Cutcliffe to interview for the same job.

With ND HC Kelly leaving to go to LSU, bring in ND OL coach Jeff Quinn for an interview.

As for OC and/or DC I think I would stick with NFL 'retreads' here. I know that is the unpopular view. Josh Boyer would be among my first interviews for DC. Maybe Clint Kubiak for an OC interview.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Most should go. None will...

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

They'll wait until the game is over tonight...

"The Cardinals have defeated the Rams... and Matt Canada has been fired."
    I could only hope...

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Bring in Norv Turner for OC and Wade Phillips for DC.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Bring in Norv Turner for OC and Wade Phillips for DC.
    Norv would get the run game fixed.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Norv Turner is still alive?
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="CV1 is a jewel in the rough"> CV1's Avatar

That’s just wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah he was run out of The G Men and that is the last I know