Thread: Former Steelers great Hines Ward, Chargers OC Joe Lombardi interview for Texans head coaching vacancy

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Former Steelers great Hines Ward, Chargers OC Joe Lombardi interview for Texans head coaching vacancy

Hines Ward and Joe Lombardi have interviewed to be the next head coach of the Houston Texans. The Texans had already interviewed Brian Flores, who was recently fired after being the Dolphins' head coach for the past three years.

The most prolific receiver in Pittsburgh Steelers history, Ward is currently serving as the receivers coach at Florida Atlantic. He broke into coaching as an offensive intern with the Steelers during the 2017 season. That season, Antonio Brown and then-rookie JuJu Smith-Schuster flourished for a Steelers team that went 13-3 during the regular season. Ward was a full-time offensive assistant for the New York Jets during the 2019 season. New York won six of its final eight games that season after a 1-7 start.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/f...coach-vacancy/

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Re: Former Steelers great Hines Ward, Chargers OC Joe Lombardi interview for Texans head coaching vacancy

I'm not taking any GM seriously if they are interviewing the offensive assistant from Florida Atlantic.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Former Steelers great Hines Ward, Chargers OC Joe Lombardi interview for Texans head coaching vacancy

They interviewed Josh McCown last time.

Someone owed someone a favor?

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

I really do you think their GM is a nut job. Owner loves him but he keeps making really lousy decisions

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I really do you think their GM is a nut job. Owner loves him but he keeps making really lousy decisions

Is he that weirdo from the Pats?

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Is he that weirdo from the Pats?
    Yes Caserio I think is his name

Merry Christmas

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

If Hines gets a HC position I'll go fucking apeshit, and it could actually produce a seriously unlikely scenario where I might, depending on the situation, put serious consideration into rooting against the Steelers, should they be playing against his team in a particular match-up, although just maybe, but it would be the first time I'd have to think about it.
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright