Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Re: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    That INT by Hurts just proves my point. He has no mechanics, cannot read a defense and is just not a good NFL QB. I was calling for the Steelers to try to trade for him but now that I've watched him more I'm so glad we didn't.
    I think this playoff weekend, so far, has totally reinforced my belief that a “bridge QB” is a waste of time.

Josh Allen took apart the Patriots because he can do ludicrous things.

Carr, Hurts, and Jones fell totally flat because they just can’t do enough things.

Garappolo, Cousins, Minshew, etc. are not exactly oozing ridiculous abilities. So what’s the point?

Roll Haskins and Rudolph out there until you accumulate enough draft capital to pick “the guy”.

Because without “the guy” no one seems to win snot.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Yep, unless you have a ridiculous offensive line and RB with a killer defense (thinking the 2000/2012 Ravens).

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Yep, unless you have a ridiculous offensive line and RB with a killer defense (thinking the 2000/2012 Ravens).
    Absolutely. But even that 2012 squad had the QB go on a tear to support the SB run.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I think this playoff weekend, so far, has totally reinforced my belief that a “bridge QB” is a waste of time.

Carr, Hurts, and Jones fell totally flat because they just can’t do enough things.

Garappolo, Cousins, Minshew, etc. are not exactly oozing ridiculous abilities. So what’s the point?

Roll Haskins and Rudolph out there until you accumulate enough draft capital to pick “the guy”.

Agreed, but I don't think Tomlin agrees based on his comments

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Agreed, but I don't think Tomlin agrees based on his comments

All the rumor-monger talking heads this morning are totally backing off the “trading for a veteran” comments and now are pushing the “just gonna start Rudolph” story.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

All the rumor-monger talking heads this morning are totally backing off the “trading for a veteran” comments and now are pushing the “just gonna start Rudolph” story.
    I'd bring in a cheap guy who I'd hope was better than Haskins and plan on Masks n being the guy for atleast a season. If they improve the Oline and D line , MR should be able to keep Tomlin's record alive

Merry Christmas

Oh no! The 49ers are coming out with music! They’ve lost control. It’s all over!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Deebo Samuel is what Chase Claypool is supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    And Claypool is a year behind, so hopefully he blossoms a bit next year. He has to start to learn how to use his length and big body to box guys out. Maybe send him to basketball camp this summer

Merry Christmas

Yup.

I’m not giving up on Claypool just wishing the light bulb went off earlier for him.

Not that these two are the same, but Devonte Adams took a few seasons to become what he is. First few seasons, fans wanted him run out of town.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

And Claypool is a year behind, so hopefully he blossoms a bit next year. He has to start to learn how to use his length and big body to box guys out. Maybe send him to basketball camp this summer

Ray Ray plays BIGGER than him.

- - - Updated - - -

Yup.

I’m not giving up on Claypool just wishing the light bulb went off earlier for him.

Not that these two are the same, but Devonte Adams took a few seasons to become what he is. First few seasons, fans wanted him run out of town.
    True Hines Ward was good, but he wasn’t “HINES FREAKIN WARD” until season three.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Claypool seems like a puss when it comes to contact/fighting for the ball. Hoping that changes, considering his size.

Ray Ray plays BIGGER than him.

- - - Updated - - -

True Hines Ward was good, but he wasn’t “HINES FREAKIN WARD” until season three.
    Yeah. I’m not saying the criticism of Claypool isn’t legitimate or valid. But, if memory serves, the same stuff was also leveled at Adams. And it was true. Until it wasn’t and a total monster was sprung on the league.

No idea. But I’ll keep hoping!

So far McCarthy is coming up short and Shannahan is pulling all the right strings.

Shocking.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

So far McCarthy is coming up short and Shannahan is pulling all the right strings.
    More like another overhyped Cowboys squad shitting the bed when it matters. Been happening for decades now.

But they'll still get their usual 10-12 prime time games next season all the same, though...

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

49ers beating the overrated Cowboys. I don't want either team sniffing another SB but one has to go today.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    More like another overhyped Cowboys squad shitting the bed when it matters. Been happening for decades now.

But they'll still get their usual 10-12 prime time games next season all the same, though...
    Also true.

But never underestimate Mike McCarthy’s ability to actively harm his team’s chances in big games.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

So if they can get a Mac Jones, that's not "the guy"?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So if they can get a Mac Jones, that's not "the guy"?
    Not at all. Mac Jones is just Jimmy Garappolo 2.0.

Both guys are propped up by their system to an unsustainable degree.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Not at all. Mac Jones is just Jimmy Garappolo 2.0.

Both guys are propped up by their system to an unsustainable degree.
    The likelihood of getting Ben Roethlisberger 2.0, Patrick Mahomes Jr, Josh Allen, etc...is astronomically rare so they are going to have to go with a veteran or they are going to get a Mac Jones level guy. This could be a "years in the making" process so they are going to have to go one route or another even in 2023 after the Rudolph experiment fails.

- - - Updated - - -

The Nickelodeon broadcast may be better than the CBS broadcast...lol.

The likelihood of getting Ben Roethlisberger 2.0, Patrick Mahomes Jr, Josh Allen, etc...is astronomically rare so they are going to have to go with a veteran or they are going to get a Mac Jones level guy. This could be a "years in the making" process so they are going to have to go one route or another even in 2023 after the Rudolph experiment fails.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather Mason and a average Vet , because it takes way too long to find out your drafted QB is not the guy

Merry Christmas

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely possible. It’s all on your scouting department.

I’m not saying they are going to nail it all in a single off season. But the opening games of this playoffs has me retreating back to my position that running out some middle of the road vet is waste of resources.

So just let Rudolph stumble through a season. Then start cycling through draft picks until you get it right.

Of course watching Prescott look awful and Garappolo look functional takes a lot of steam out of my argument.

I’m not saying they are going to nail it all in a single off season. But the opening games of this playoffs has me retreating back to my position that running out some middle of the road vet is waste of resources.

So just let Rudolph stumble through a season. Then start cycling through draft picks until you get it right.

Of course watching Prescott look awful and Garappolo look functional takes a lot of steam out of my argument.
    The draft picks each will take 4 year to find out and learn enough to cut them and move on. Way too long

Merry Christmas

I get you and kind of waiver back and forth on what I would rather do. I'm not sure there is anything above Rudolph that is going to make more than a two or three game difference in the standings. Could be enough to be worth it...maybe not. It's definitely not an ideal position to be in.

Who is calling plays for the 9ers? Always thought Jimmy G was just a guy and it appears he's not super special but the design and the calls seem to work really well

Merry Christmas

Who is calling plays for the 9ers? Always thought Jimmy G was just a guy and it appears he's not super special but the design and the calls seem to work really well

Shanahan and when he’s on his game, he can make a defense look really foolish.

The draft picks each will take 4 year to find out and learn enough to cut them and move on. Way too long

Josh Rosen to Kyler Murray. One year.

Bad teams with poor leadership take too long. Well led franchise without fear of retribution from the owner and/or power struggles between Coach and GM shouldn’t have that problem.

Josh Rosen to Kyler Murray. One year.

Bad teams with poor leadership take too long. Well led franchise without fear of retribution from the owner and/or power struggles between Coach and GM shouldn’t have that problem.
    I think that is a rare circumstance, they fired thier coach and found a quick trade partner for Rosen. They could have very easily highered a coach that would have kept trying Rosen and using the draft to get other talent.

Merry Christmas

I think that is a rare circumstance, they fired thier coach and found a quick trade partner for Rosen. They could have very easily highered a coach that would have kept trying Rosen and using the draft to get other talent.

Ok. I think it’s just that a team has to have the backbone to own a mistake and move on. Don’t waste time trying to fix it.

I don’t think it takes all that long to figure out that you picked the wrong guy. It just takes too long for ownership to allow your team to admit it out loud.

But that’s just my flawed opinion.

Steelers were like damn our offense is bad , Cardinals hold my beer.

Ended first half with 40 yards offense. Ouch. One would think a stud young Qab that was "the guy" could do better than that

Merry Christmas