Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Re: Wild Card Weekend Game Day Thread

Well, I didn't think the Bills were that good, but they are, particularly Allen. And I didn't think the Pats were that bad, but they are, particularly the defense. So, the Patriots have a looooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go. Fortunately, I'm a fair-weather fan. The New England who?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    The difference between the Steelers screen pass and the Bills screen pass is astronomical…
    Is it because Brian Daboll signals it in better than Matt Canada??

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I think I get it. Never paid enough attention to it before.

So you all think it’s him not playcalling or something else?
    Carr is a guy that can play brilliant one game and absolutely miserable the next. He's been like that since he broke his leg. He has all the skills, can make all the throws... he's just so inconsistent. He can string together 2-3 great games... and look like an MVP candidate, and then, just totally shit the bed for another 2-3 games.

Having said that: Gruden is/was not a great play caller. Greg Olson is even worse. When you have a guy like Carr that get the ball down the field with no problem, why do you not go deep 5-6 times a game... especially when you have speed like Jackson and Jones?

IMO Greg olson needs to be replaced. He was with the Raiders a few years ago and he sucked. I have no idea why Gruden thought it was a good idea to bring him back.

I guess we'll see how it goes in the off season...lol.

I'm rooting for you guys to take out KC!

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Well, I didn't think the Bills were that good, but they are, particularly Allen. And I didn't think the Pats were that bad, but they are, particularly the defense. So, the Patriots have a looooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go. Fortunately, I'm a fair-weather fan. The New England who?
    Time to become a Bucs fan?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    I'd guess there is some coach involvement in the actual play design and coaching the players in the proper execution of said play.

Idk maybe we just have the worst player in the league

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Carr is a guy that can play brilliant one game and absolutely miserable the next. He's been like that since he broke his leg. He has all the skills, can make all the throws... he's just so inconsistent. He can string together 2-3 great games... and look like an MVP candidate, and then, just totally shit the bed for another 2-3 games.

Having said that: Gruden is/was not a great play caller. Greg Olson is even worse. When you have a guy like Carr that get the ball down the field with no problem, why do you not go deep 5-6 times a game... especially when you have speed like Jackson and Jones?

IMO Greg olson needs to be replaced. He was with the Raiders a few years ago and he sucked. I have no idea why Gruden thought it was a good idea to bring him back.

I guess we'll see how it goes in the off season...lol.

I'm rooting for you guys to take out KC!
    In the league today, if you got a guy that has an arm, you go deep definitely 5-6 times a game. Maybe more if it's successful, then you get Jones and Jackson deep outside and waller deep middle so many options.

Merry Christmas

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    In the league today, if you got a guy that has an arm, you go deep definitely 5-6 times a game. Maybe more if it's successful, then you get Jones and Jackson deep outside and waller deep middle so many options.

Exactly. It's a head scratcher to say the least.

The reason may be because the O line is really not that good. Carr doesn't get a lot of time back there. If Gruden wouldn't have dismantled a top 3 Oline for no reason anyone can think of, it might be different.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    No. It was because the Bills had 2-3 blockers outside in front of the receiver and accounted for the defenders where the Steelers have one blocker outside with two defenders in accounted for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Exactly. It's a head scratcher to say the least.

The reason may be because the O line is really not that good. Carr doesn't get a lot of time back there. If Gruden wouldn't have dismantled a top 3 Oline for no reason anyone can think of, it might be different.
    You don’t have to tell Steelers fans anything about that…lol

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Any predictions for today's games?

Eagles at Buccaneers: I think you have to take the Buccs at home with Brady. Whether it's Hurts or Minshew it probably won't hold up. Root for Eagles, predict Buccs.

49ers at Cowboys: Maybe best matchup. I'll take the home team Cowboys to win.

Steelers at Chiefs: 20 point road underdog Steelers against the team they recently lost to by 26. The homer in me takes the Steelers to win by a last second 3. The realist says Steelers win by a last second TD. Let's GO!!!!

Eagles I hope. 49ers/Dallas... don't care, but I'd rather see 9ers win. Definitely Steelers over KC... Go Steelers!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Watching Devon White play for Tampa makes me wish they had taken Bush instead and left White for us.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    Watching Devon White play for Tampa makes me wish they had taken Bush instead and left White for us.
    I think watching almost any other LB would do that right now.

The injury must’ve really messed with his mind. I looked at some highlights from before the injury and while Bush had struggles, there was also a ton of good plays as well. Now? Not much at all.

The only hope is that an off-season “reset” allows Bush to relax, reboot, and basically start over.

Another blowout?

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Another blowout?
    Let’s hope.

If all the games leading up to the Steelers are wins by the higher seeded team, this will anger the football gods. They hate chalk wildcard weekends.

As a result, they will smote the Chiefs in order to bring balance to the cosmic football universe.

Let’s hope.

If all the games leading up to the Steelers are wins by the higher seeded team, this will anger the football gods. They hate chalk wildcard weekends.

As a result, they will smote the Chiefs in order to bring balance to the cosmic football universe.
    My thought process as well.

Drvlspwr Array title="Steel Peon has a reputation beyond repute"> Steel Peon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Why would OJ wear such horrible fitting gloves? Is it all about appearances for that guy?
    “They say you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone. So I got rid of everything to see what I had.” ~ Steven Wright

These referees are not giving Eagles any benefit of doubt.

Merry Christmas

I don't watch alot of eagles games but Hurts looks like he can't see over his lineman and he's guessing at a lot of these deep passes

Merry Christmas

I’ve also not watched the Eagles this season.

After today, I’m out on Hurts as a long term solution.

Could be just a biased reaction because the Iggles look outclassed.

I’ve also not watched the Eagles this season.

After today, I’m out on Hurts as a long term solution.

Could be just a biased reaction because the Iggles look outclassed.
    Hurts can’t pass well at all. He’s not a terrible runner but he’s not an NFL passer.

Hurts can’t pass well at all. He’s not a terrible runner but he’s not an NFL passer.
    Ok. The offense looks herky jerky.

I was expecting it too look better. Had heard good things about the offense overall.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I don't watch alot of eagles games but Hurts looks like he can't see over his lineman and he's guessing at a lot of these deep passes

He has shitty technique and mechanics. He doesn't step into his throws, and he throws off his back foot.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Turning into a rout in Tampa Bay. 24-0 Bucs. Eagles haven't done anything right at all.

So far, the road teams look just like the Steelers have this season.

That INT by Hurts just proves my point. He has no mechanics, cannot read a defense and is just not a good NFL QB. I was calling for the Steelers to try to trade for him but now that I've watched him more I'm so glad we didn't.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

That INT by Hurts just proves my point. He has no mechanics, cannot read a defense and is just not a good NFL QB. I was calling for the Steelers to try to trade for him but now that I've watched him more I'm so glad we didn't.
    We already have one of those. He's named Mason Rudolph.

31-0 Now.

I think Aikmen said it earlier but Brady said he knows where he's throwing it BEFORE the play where Hurts running the RPO doesn't. I just think the RPO shit isn't going to last long in the NFL. The game is too fast and the guys running the RPO's are usually great runners but not passers.

I think Aikmen said it earlier but Brady said he knows where he's throwing it BEFORE the play where Hurts running the RPO doesn't. I just think the RPO shit isn't going to last long in the NFL. The game is too fast and the guys running the RPO's are usually great runners but not passers.
    Well Aiken said Brady just hasn't looked good on this drive and followed that up a few minutes later saying Brady was surgical in his passes

He's an idiot talking head

Merry Christmas

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Well Aiken said Brady just hasn't looked good on this drive and followed that up a few minutes later saying Brady was surgical in his passes

He's an idiot talking head
    Besides the game being about as exciting as watching paint dry, I also couldn't take much more of Aikman and Buck deep-throating Brady, so I turned it off.