Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: House money - is this the most relaxed Steelers game you will watch?

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: House money - is this the most relaxed Steelers game you will watch?

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

Do I think the Steelers have “no chance” of winning? Of course not. Who know what can happen - one key injury or play can turn things greatly in favor for the Steelers.

But I’m not blind either and I can see Ben is not as good as he used to be and the Chiefs are not the #2 seed by mistake.

Sometimes it seems as if there is no room in this forum to discuss these nuances. It’s either you’re a die-hard all-in fan or you’re a traitor. Geez. Do you guys live your daily lives this way? Always so black and white? and function normally?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I don’t expect much for this game but I’ll certainly enjoy watching it!!
    apparently you and I that think this way are not true fans (eye roll)

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Do I think the Steelers have “no chance” of winning? Of course not. Who know what can happen - one key injury or play can turn things greatly in favor for the Steelers.

But I’m not blind either and I can see Ben is not as good as he used to be and the Chiefs are not the #2 seed by mistake.

Sometimes it seems as if there is no room in this forum to discuss these nuances. It’s either you’re a die-hard all-in fan or you’re a traitor. Geez. Do you guys live your daily lives this way? Always so black and white? and function normally?

- - - Updated - - -

apparently you and I that think this way are not true fans (eye roll)
    I think this is directed at me (because, everyone else echoed what you stated about being relaxed). I hope that you didn’t take my response as a slight towards you (or anyone else). It’s how “I” feel about every game, but that’s “me” (admittedly, I have a very different mindset than most people).

Going back to your OP: I get what you are saying. No one is giving the Steelers a chance; so, there’s no stress. It’s just the opportunity to see Ben play another game… a game that “I” expect to win.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edman View Post
    They're replaying the Week 16 game in NFLN.

Witherspoon intercepts Mahomes in the endzone, but Heyward is called for encroachment.

Ben heaves a duck on a flea flicker that is intercepted.

Highsmith smacks Mahomes and forces a fumble, which falls right into the Chiefs lineman's hands.

Robert Spillane hit sticks a Chiefs RB in the backfield for seemingly a big stop on 2nd and Goal, who bounces off and he strolls in for a touchdown.

Diontae Johnson catches the ball and fumbles with absolutely nobody around him.

Adams jumps offsides for an encroachment.

Absolutely nothing went right for the Steelers. Everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong. A combination of the Chiefs being superior and the youngsters being ill-equipped and ready for the intensity of Arrowhead.
    Thank you for bringing this up. In the first matchup, everything that could go wrong, went wrong. If you give Mahomes four extra possessions and/or a shortened field, it can be disasterous.

Now… imagine the complete opposite occurring during the second matchup.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Is DJ talking about Ben, telling him not to jump back on the bandwagon after they win? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Thank you for bringing this up. In the first matchup, everything that could go wrong, went wrong. If you give Mahomes four extra possessions and/or a shortened field, it can be disasterous.

Now… imagine the complete opposite occurring during the second matchup.

I keep coming back to this. Here’s how snake-bit that game was: Boz missed a gimme FG.

Oh, and the Chiefs fumbled five times (FIVE) and recovered all of them. Imagine if… we recover ALL FIVE of those fumbles tomorrow night.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Another thing is TJ was playing hurt that game and exited early. Yeah, yeah, chiefs have a good o line and they’ll double him. As if the browns, Ravens, Titans, bills didn’t already try that novel concept

yeah I’m relaxed

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Diontae 100% right. This team has the players to win with a smart game plan. If KC looks past the Steelers they could be in trouble. Will not be surprised at all if Pittsburgh wins. Here we go!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    Diontae 100% right. This team has the players to win with a smart game plan. If KC looks past the Steelers they could be in trouble. Will not be surprised at all if Pittsburgh wins. Here we go!
    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

On offense the Steelers absolutely have to make the Chiefs pay a price by playing their DBs up close in man coverage. Hit deeper shots. Force Sorensen into coverages, he’s the big weak link.

On defense? No idea. Pressure with 4 or less. Play a rotation of zone coverage ideas and hope you can pick off a pass or two?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

On offense the Steelers absolutely have to make the Chiefs pay a price by playing their DBs up close in man coverage. Hit deeper shots. Force Sorensen into coverages, he’s the big weak link.

On defense? No idea. Pressure with 4 or less. Play a rotation of zone coverage ideas and hope you can pick off a pass or two?
    maybe some cross blitz with the inside Linebackers ( we used to use those often years ago with great success ) that would potentially help slow inside runs and using the S to cover the short crossers and maybe get an extra hit or two on Mahomes .......
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    maybe some cross blitz with the inside Linebackers ( we used to use those often years ago with great success ) that would potentially help slow inside runs and using the S to cover the short crossers and maybe get an extra hit or two on Mahomes .......
    This is a game we could sure use Shazier!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Nice idea. It seems the current ILBs are not able to handle that concept? Can’t remember the last time they ran it.

They also used to run a bunch more loops and stunts (or whatever the word is I’m looking for) with Dupree and Heyward. Now? It seems to be just run Highsmith and Watt at the OT and hope for the best? Dunno. Maybe it’s to ensure someone’s in each gap to aid the trash run d?

I also miss the ability to “force” a RB to have to account for pass rusher they couldn’t match up with. I think, here, Tuitt being out is the problem.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Nice idea. It seems the current ILBs are not able to handle that concept? Can’t remember the last time they ran it.

They also used to run a bunch more loops and stunts (or whatever the word is I’m looking for) with Dupree and Heyward. Now? It seems to be just run Highsmith and Watt at the OT and hope for the best? Dunno. Maybe it’s to ensure someone’s in each gap to aid the trash run d?

I also miss the ability to “force” a RB to have to account for pass rusher they couldn’t match up with. I think, here, Tuitt being out is the problem.

truer words have never been spoken , what he means to this football team has never been clearer

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I think this is directed at me (because, everyone else echoed what you stated about being relaxed). I hope that you didn’t take my response as a slight towards you (or anyone else). It’s how “I” feel about every game, but that’s “me” (admittedly, I have a very different mindset than most people).

Going back to your OP: I get what you are saying. No one is giving the Steelers a chance; so, there’s no stress. It’s just the opportunity to see Ben play another game… a game that “I” expect to win.
    No Teegre - I know you back from the old forum and know you as always respectful. I was responding I guess to Dionte Johnson saying don’t jump back on the bandwagon statement.

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
    catch the f&@$ing ball before you talk you juvenile idiot

DJ is killing us ...................