Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House money - is this the most relaxed Steelers game you will watch?

Senior Member Array title="ETL has a reputation beyond repute"> ETL's Avatar

House money - is this the most relaxed Steelers game you will watch?

I don’t know about you guys but I have never been so at ease about an upcoming Steelers game than this one. Why? Because in so many ways we shouldn’t even have this opportunity to see the Steelers play again this season and see Ben for another game. And of course we are not expected to win and that angst about winning is not causing stress.

I am grateful to see them play. No matter what the outcome. I am grateful for Ben and will be able to relax watching him shot put 3 yard passes and appreciate all the things he has done for us in the past 18 years.

If they win - sweet. If they lose - it was still so good to see players in black and gold in action.

(I have to find a way to watch all the games this way.)

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: House money - is this the most relaxed Steelers game you will watch?

Me too....

Another reason I'd love to see one last version of sandlot Ben!

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Yep... No pressure at all. If we win, awesome. If we lose it still was a successful season, as far as I'm concerned. Didn't really expect us to be in the playoffs anyway.

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

I have been really relaxed the last few seasons. When Ben went down and the QB situation was a mess, there was going to be no playoff run, so just enjoy watching week to week with little expectations. The past 2 seasons have pretty much been the same.

So if they win this weekend, great...but if they dont and its a double digit loss by a road underdog, then its not that shocking either.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Every and all signs are pointing to the Steelers being demolished again (and they pretty much will), but they have to play the game anyway.

If this team does the unthinkable (or comes close to it) Sunday, this board is going to burst into an inferno.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Nope, not me. Balls to the wall, throwing piss at the TV every time there's a bad play.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I was relaxed until I visited a chiefs forum. I know, bad move, My competitive nature has kicked in….

There happy they drew us, those guys think the game will be over by halftime so they can go do personal stuff, screw them, I hope TJ turns Patrick Mahomes into a pretzel

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Any chance the Tomlin haters will give the HC his credit if the Steelers do pull out the win this week?

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Any chance the Tomlin haters will give the HC his credit if the Steelers do pull out the win this week?
    Nope!

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    I was relaxed until I visited a chiefs forum. My competitive nature has kicked in….

and one more thing, after going through that forum I feel fortunate to be a Steelers fan
    Your post prompted me to pay them a visit. I think Patriots fans have more class than them, with the exception of Tom. Cringe forum they have.

Chicago Bears fans would give one of their kidneys to have Tomlin as their coach. Steelers fans are so spoiled if they don’t appreciate him

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

Fun fact: This team sucks, talent wise.
    Question: Doesn't this mean that coaching deserves significant credit for getting them into the playoffs anyway?

Discuss

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETL View Post
    Chicago Bears fans would give one of their kidneys to have Tomlin as their coach. Steelers fans are so spoiled if they don’t appreciate him
    well, they’re is a problem with the coaching, but a lot of it may have to do with the Rooney’s refusing to spend more money on a coaching staff

Quote Originally Posted by Dissolv View Post
    Question: Doesn't this mean that coaching deserves significant credit for getting them into the playoffs anyway?

Discuss
    yes.

I also think Belichick getting to the playoffs with a rookie QB and no-named WRs is also a great coaching job even though we like to hate on him

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Discuss
    Sure they get credit and a bunch of luck involved considering how Sunday played out. But with the worst Oline in years , a one dimensional quarterback who can’t throw over 12 yards and receivers who get no separation Theres not as much to work with as we’re used to. Offensively this team not even close to team of killer Bs. So yeah they get credit for that but they’re also responsible for fielding this team. Granted GM is as well.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

I’m just going to sit back and enjoy the game. While others blame 15 years of not winning a SB on everyone from Art II to the waterboy.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    Sure they get credit and a bunch of luck involved considering how Sunday played out. But with the worst Oline in years , a one dimensional quarterback who can’t throw over 12 yards and receivers who get no separation Theres not as much to work with as we’re used to. Offensively this team not even close to team of killer Bs. So yeah they get credit for that but they’re also responsible for fielding this team. Granted GM is as well.
    Luck very rarely goes the way of a Steelers fan!!

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I wish I could adopt this kicked back attitude. But as soon as the game starts I’ll be as emotionally invested as I always am. I can’t help it.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

“We probably aren’t supposed to be here. We’re probably not a very good football team. Out of 14 teams that are in, I think we’re probably at number 14. We’re double-digit underdogs in the playoffs. So, let’s just go play and have fun and see what happens. We’re probably 20-point underdogs and we’re going to the team that’s won the AFC the last two years. Arguably the best team in football. We don’t have a chance. So, let’s just go out and play and have fun.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Never had any expectations after the first 6 games of the season. I’ll enjoy watching but not expect anything. In any case this team is healthy going into the postseason but just not good enough. Chiefs likely win this one easily

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Discuss
    Tomlin is fine, I just miss the fire from Cowher on the sidelines. I think that goes a long ways at times to get the players pumped up. Anyone that has been to a playoff game knows what I am talking about, the electricity in the air is just different, and the fire from a coach can spread through a team like a sack or a TO or a TD at a big moment. It can create a momentum shift. And whatever is going on pre-game that makes the offense come out completely asleep needs to change. Play calling, effort, whatever needs to change.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

is this the most relaxed Steelers game you will watch?
    Yes, when I watch. I probably will be flipping it off/on while doing other things. I love my Steeler's, but this season has been aggravating to me with playing, coaching etc.. There's just so much that needs to be resolved. I, like everybody else, didn't think we would be in playoff or even 2nd in division. I just can't see Ben pulling off a miracle game win with the offense, defense and coaching play calling this team has to offer. Hopefully he doesn't get injured. KC 38 - 12

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

I haven't been this relaxed since I watched the 1980 US Men's Olympic team play the Soviets at Lake Placid. I just hope Ben "Eruzione" shows up!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EzraTank View Post
    I haven't been this relaxed since I watched the 1980 US Men's Olympic team play the Soviets at Lake Placid. I just hope Ben "Eruzione" shows up!

Will Al Michaels pull out the "Do you believe in miracles" line this Sunday?? (I know that's a once in a lifetime call and line)

Your post prompted me to pay them a visit. I think Patriots fans have more class than them, with the exception of Tom. Cringe forum they have.
    yeah, I definitely got a bandwagon vibe from those forums.

Steve Fuller? DeBerg? Did they know Marcus Allen played for the chiefs for a short while?

Chiefs Planet ... Lol. What a loser name. Perfect for the loser fans that are on there. I'll make sure to pay another visit if the improbable happens on Sunday. They are some really classless fans. Reminded me of college team boards.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I don’t expect much for this game but I’ll certainly enjoy watching it!!

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I always expect to win. Sunday is no different.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

They're replaying the Week 16 game in NFLN.

Witherspoon intercepts Mahomes in the endzone, but Heyward is called for encroachment.

Ben heaves a duck on a flea flicker that is intercepted.

Highsmith smacks Mahomes and forces a fumble, which falls right into the Chiefs lineman's hands.

Robert Spillane hit sticks a Chiefs RB in the backfield for seemingly a big stop on 2nd and Goal, who bounces off and he strolls in for a touchdown.

Diontae Johnson catches the ball and fumbles with absolutely nobody around him.

Adams jumps offsides for an encroachment.

Absolutely nothing went right for the Steelers. Everything that could possibly go wrong went wrong. A combination of the Chiefs being superior and the youngsters being ill-equipped and ready for the intensity of Arrowhead.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I always expect to win. Sunday is no different.
    i don’t expect a win this Sunday. I always WANT a win though