Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WILDCARD WEEKEND: Steelers @ Chiefs

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

WILDCARD WEEKEND: Steelers @ Chiefs

What ya got? I'm looking for a lot of the 41-6 loss predictions. It helps the cause of getting a W.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: WILDCARD WEEKEND: Steelers @ Chiefs

Chiefs are 13 point favorites.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

We win if butler stays on the golf course.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Easily 41-6 Chiefs!! Will be a laugher.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

If they can find a way to run early like they ran on the Browns... Keep KC O on the sidelines. 27-24 KC

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Chiefs are 13 point favorites.
    Colts were 15 point fav's.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Stay disciplined in the secondary once Mahomes starts scrambling around and he will throw picks.

The Chiefs are barely better statistically than the Steelers vs the run.

The Steelers are much better statistically vs the pass than the chiefs.

Both teams commit entirely too many penalties.

Bottom line: Steelers 27 Chiefs 23 Another 4th quarter come from behind TD to win for Big Ben!

Senior Member Array title="hawaiiansteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> hawaiiansteeler's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Never tell me the odds

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Stay disciplined in the secondary once Mahomes starts scrambling around and he will throw picks.

The Chiefs are barely better statistically than the Steelers vs the run.

The Steelers are much better statistically vs the pass than the chiefs.

Both teams commit entirely too many penalties.

Bottom line: Steelers 27 Chiefs 23 Another 4th quarter come from behind TD to win for Big Ben!
    I'll buy that!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Let's be realistic. I'm just happy we made it, enjoy what will probably be Ben's last game and hope for something different. I remember in 2005 going into Indy against the Colts and Manning who were 14-2 (they started the season 13-0). We dominated them most of that game. Now granted we had a much better team at the time but anything can happen.

That said, I see the Chiefs getting up early and never letting up. 38-10 Chiefs win easily.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

The Steelers need to dig in and play football and not get worried about getting behind or executing the gameplan. They aren't supposed to be there anyway, they're supposed to be crushed again and they're playing a team they were boatraced by weeks prior. They have no expectations whatsoever. So they shouldn't play scared of Kansas City. The playoffs are where legendary and big time players emerge. Who will step up for the Steelers?

That said, Chiefs in another laugher, 41-13.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Correct me if I’m wrong but Last game against KC Watt was still recovering from injury. That should make a difference right there. It’s not going to be a blowout imho

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong but Last game against KC Watt was still recovering from injury. That should make a difference right there. It’s not going to be a blowout imho
    Well if you want to look at it that way, Kelce didn't play either ...

Junior Member Array title="TRASHMAN is a jewel in the rough">

Remember, Ben Roethlisberger is the same when everybody else gets funny. Najee Harris throws stiff arms with a broken elbow. Dionte Johnson is uncoverable. Pat Freiermuth has alligator arms. Cameron Heyward equals 2 men. Minkah Fitzpatrick finishes games. TJ Watt. If our O-line can move bodies like the did against the Browns and our defense renegades... I can't count this team out. Just gotta put it together.

Steelers 21 Chiefs 18

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

I think the team will put it all on the line for Roethlisberger like they have the last two games.

That said, 27-14, Chiefs. Hope to be pleasantly surprised, though.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

This team has shown it's capable of beating anybody or losing to anybody, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if we won this. It also wouldn't surprise me if we got embarrassed.

I think our best chance is to come out super-aggressive and see where that takes us. I mean REALLY aggressive. Take a shit on the field before the game and show them we mean business. Anything can happen after that. Run a fleaflicker on the first play. Move Claypool to QB for a couple plays and run some wildcat shit. Blitz every down, this game is a lottery ticket anyway, so who cares? Yell "Eat my asshole!" as the snap count. YOLO.

Prediction: Steelers 51, Chiefs 7. People can't stop talking about "look at what happened after they took a shit on the field." They do it again the next week and upset the Titans. They go on to win the Super Bowl, and it becomes a tradition before every road game, especially in Cleveland.

CHAMPIONSHIP!
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Would the 2021 playoff Steelers beat the 2020 playoff Steelers??

Fichtner would out-gameplan Canada. I can't believe I just said that!

This is a great experience for the young players. It's a huge game for them, the plus is they can go into this game with little pressure on them since no one expects them to win. If they can rally together and play hard anything can happen. KC lost to the Ravens, Bills & Titians, the Steelers beat the ravens twice and beat the Bills and Titians. Look at the bad teams that beat the Steelers over the years. I think it's very possible they pull it off.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    This is a great experience for the young players. It's a huge game for them, the plus is they can go into this game with little pressure on them since no one expects them to win. If they can rally together and play hard anything can happen. KC lost to the Ravens, Bills & Titians, the Steelers beat the ravens twice and beat the Bills and Titians. Look at the bad teams that beat the Steelers over the years. I think it's very possible they pull it off.

That's a great point. The young guys are going to get thier first taste of playoff football. This team needs to understand what it takes at the next level of play.

One way or another, this is a great thing for this team and the young players to experiience this. Let's see what they do with it.

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

As someone said earlier, this team has shown they can win tough games, and they've shown they can completely blow it. It would be impossible to predict either way.

If our defense plays like it has the last two weeks and the offense puts up at least 10 in the first half - we have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Would the 2021 playoff Steelers beat the 2020 playoff Steelers??

Fichtner would out-gameplan Canada. I can't believe I just said that!
    It would be a -3 to -3 tie.

Senior Member Array title="Dissolv is a splendid one to behold"> Dissolv's Avatar

It comes down to keeping the score down. If our D can keep us hanging around to the end of the game....we can win it. The formula for success for beating us is to score early. That's what they did last time, and it really exposed our near total lack of offensive firepower. Defense and special teams are going to have to contribute, and the offensive young guns are going to have to those "just enough" moments that we saw against the Ravens.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

We just have to play mistake free and win the TO battle. If we do that we have a chance. We can’t get a holding penalty on long 1st down runs, can’t drop passes that hit them in the hands. They are going to have to make the contested catches. I hope they make a game of it, but I think KC has too much firepower unfortunately.

31-17 KC

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

That's what you want to hear and see!

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

TJ Watt did not play in the last match up with KC.

Keep your head on a swivel this time, Patty.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

We need to hope for shitty weather conidaiton to slow KC down.

Lets make it ugly!

Steelers win in an ugly game!

Senior Member Array title="steel striker is a name known to all">

I think there is a reason the Jags beat the colts and, back in 2005 the Colts beat the Steelers pretty bad in the game then we all know what in the Super Bowl Run. I know it sounds crazy but, if TJ can wreck the game anything can happen. The defense has to contain things hold KC to 20 points and, then it's time for the offense to have their best game 28-24 Steelers.

raising him properly Array title="vasteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> vasteeler's Avatar

Any given Sunday!

"Zeds dead baby, Zeds dead." - Butch