Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Monday 2022

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Black Monday 2022

Mike Zimmer and GM Rick Spielman are the first casualties, being chopped by the Vikings.

Re: Black Monday 2022

Matt Nagy gone in Chicago.

Bears also fire their GM, and Brian Flores in done in Miami.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Broncos cleared out some coaches before.

So three teams need a head coach. I think there is another that’s on an interim coach as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Chargers should fire their coach. That guy is an idiot.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Dolphins fire Brian Flores. Dumb move.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Black Monday 2022

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    He will grab a job instantly and will probably have his choice of what situation he wants.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    He will grab a job instantly and will probably have his choice of what situation he wants.
    Agreed. I don't bought he was doing a good job given the situation.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Stupid NFL Twitter idiots saying Vegas might would pull a Chucky and trade for a top tier coach. Floated Tomlin's name.

Of course that was before their win

Merry Christmas

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Chargers should fire their coach. That guy is an idiot.
    Didn't see the end of rh game sounded like he played turtle ball.

Merry Christmas

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Won 8 out of 9 and barely missed the playoffs. They did start terribly but a strong finish. Someone else should hire him.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Stupid NFL Twitter idiots saying Vegas might would pull a Chucky and trade for a top tier coach. Floated Tomlin's name.

I like Tomlin but pending the compensation and if I could get Flores, I would definitely sit and consider it for some time…

I like Tomlin but pending the compensation and if I could get Flores, I would definitely sit and consider it for some time…
    Raiders got 2 firsts and 2 seconds and 8 million and blew it all on nothing.

Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Shocker. I wish we could get him back as our DC but that won't happen.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Shocker. I wish we could get him back as our DC but that won't happen.
    Bill probably wishes that too so Flores will stop beating him (4-2).

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Dolphins are what “dumb” ownership looks like. Or at least impatient ownership. Ross wants to win RIGHT NOW and is lurching from big swing idea to big swing idea (Watson trade).

Flores didn’t support that. So the owner fired him.

It’s not going to produce a good outcome.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Won 8 out of 9 and barely missed the playoffs. They did start terribly but a strong finish. Someone else should hire him.
    Yup, the Flores to Houston talk has already started. Good young coach.

Better options out there for him than Houston.

Senior Member Array title="j-d-s is a jewel in the rough">

About Tomlin... y'know, I actually looked up the records of current coaches the other day, and Tomlin actually has the third best career winning percentage of active head coaches - behind only Sean McVay and Belicheat.

So even with all his flaws, I still think we should keep Tomlin as long as possible because it's likely the coach after him would be worse.

I still think the main reason for our woes are the coaches around Tomlin, especially Matt Canada, but we also need other special teams and O-Line coaches. I'm also gonna back up Kevin Colbert, since Harris and the Muth were excellent picks. However, we will need a QB (obviously) and O-Linemen.

Houston has a love affair with the Billicheck coaching twig, and why not it's done wonders for their draft capital

Last edited by NCSteeler; 01-10-2022 at 06:44 PM.
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="dislocatedday has a reputation beyond repute"> dislocatedday's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Dolphins are what “dumb” ownership looks like. Or at least impatient ownership. Ross wants to win RIGHT NOW and is lurching from big swing idea to big swing idea (Watson trade).

Flores didn’t support that. So the owner fired him.

It’s not going to produce a good outcome.
    Stephen Ross is a horrible football owner. I felt like the Dolphins were building something there, but still need some pieces and also to determine whether Tua is "the guy" or not. Ross made some bad hires before Flores with Gase being the prime example, but firing Flores at this point seems absurd and might be his worst move yet. There is a rumor out there that Flores and the GM Chris Grier do not get along and could not co-exist any longer..........so Ross sided with the GM in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by dislocatedday View Post
    Stephen Ross is a horrible football owner. I felt like the Dolphins were building something there, but still need some pieces and also to determine whether Tua is "the guy" or not. Ross made some bad hires before Flores with Gase being the prime example, but firing Flores at this point seems absurd and might be his worst move yet. There is a rumor out there that Flores and the GM Chris Grier do not get along and could not co-exist any longer..........so Ross sided with the GM in this case.
    I think ProFootball Talk has a piece that says Flores wasnt a Tua fan and that has driven a wedge between the former Head Coach and the QB. So what you are saying makes sense. If the GM and Owner like the first round pick QB, but the Head Coach wants somebody else, then there is gonna be friction.

I think Chicago is the job to take. Franchise QB looks to be in place. He has some WR to throw to in Robinson, Goodwin and Mooney and a TE in Kmet that is on the rise, plus they got a rookie OT in Tevin Jenkins that will improve that line next season. Just have to keep bolstering the Defense and find another playmaker and RB.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

I think ProFootball Talk has a piece that says Flores wasnt a Tua fan and that has driven a wedge between the former Head Coach and the QB. So what you are saying makes sense. If the GM and Owner like the first round pick QB, but the Head Coach wants somebody else, then there is gonna be friction.

I think Chicago is the job to take. Franchise QB looks to be in place. He has some WR to throw to in Robinson, Goodwin and Mooney and a TE in Kmet that is on the rise, plus they got a rookie OT in Tevin Jenkins that will improve that line next season. Just have to keep bolstering the Defense and find another playmaker and RB.

He, Flores, can wait to if he wants. He can get any defensive coordinator job he wants in the interim.

Senior Member Array title="Bluecoat96 has a reputation beyond repute"> Bluecoat96's Avatar

Minka Fitzpatrick might disagree.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
    http://pic70.picturetrail.com/VOL1850/7714131/15251346/321617073.jpg

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post

Exactly... idiots. Just a bunch of hot air being expelled. Not going to happen. From what I'm hearing/reading, Harbaugh is the odds on favorite. Personally, I think Bisaccia has earned the job given the mess this seasoon ended up with Gruden and Ruggs. Even if they don't win another game, they overcame some serious BS in order to get this far.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

I found this interesting....The Jags fans dressed up in clown costumes as protest for the GM not being fired. Basically calling out their organization as a clown organization. So the 2-14 team goes out and decimates the 'win and in' Colts in front of a crowd of pissed off, clown dressed fans. Such a weird world we live in.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jagua...ip-make-change

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    Exactly... idiots. Just a bunch of hot air being expelled. Not going to happen. From what I'm hearing/reading, Harbaugh is the odds on favorite. Personally, I think Bisaccia has earned the job given the mess this seasoon ended up with Gruden and Ruggs. Even if they don't win another game, they overcame some serious BS in order to get this far.
    Was gonna say - I also think Bisaccia has earned the Raiders' HC job.

Quote Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
    I'd make some interviews before I gave it to him but he'd have aleg up. The team has seemed to respond to him

Last edited by NCSteeler; 01-11-2022 at 04:52 AM.
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Uff. Lots of reporting today on the situations in Miami and Chicago.

Horrible rifts between owner and coach with front office caught in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    Was gonna say - I also think Bisaccia has earned the Raiders' HC job.
    An interesting thought is ...."who are some interim coaches that got the full time job the following year and were successful?" Jim Caldwell? Art Shell? Jason Garrett? Mike Tice?