Thread: The James Webb Telescope is being Launched Dec. 24

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

The James Webb Telescope is being Launched Dec. 24

Any way we can politicize this shit?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Re: The James Webb Telescope is being Launched Dec. 24

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Any way we can politicize this shit?
    Probably a space laser put in orbit by the Pentavorite of wealthy people like Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos, designed to target the people implanted with microchips from the vaccinations. Just ask Bill Clinton, he was there.

My work here is done.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Probably a space laser put in orbit by the Pentavorite of wealthy people like Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos, designed to target the people implanted with microchips from the vaccinations. Just ask Bill Clinton, he was there.

My work here is done.
    Haha, all jokes aside I'm pretty excited about this. One of my side hobbies is astronomy and originally I wanted to get into that field, but ended going the comp science route for money reasons. Maybe when I retire i'll get my degree in astrophysics and chase that dream (shooting to retire by 55 so my mind barring some catastrophe should still be intact ). I only posted this here because when reading news articles about this, it seems to be the only thing that shows up on news feeds that doesn't have political debates in the comments section, which is nice for once haha.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

Original launch date: 2007
    Original cost: $500 million

Current cost: $10 billion
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Haha, all jokes aside I'm pretty excited about this. One of my side hobbies is astronomy and originally I wanted to get into that field, but ended going the comp science route for money reasons. Maybe when I retire i'll get my degree in astrophysics and chase that dream (shooting to retire by 55 so my mind barring some catastrophe should still be intact ). I only posted this here because when reading news articles about this, it seems to be the only thing that shows up on news feeds that doesn't have political debates in the comments section, which is nice for once haha.
    I think it's cool as hell.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

This thing is gonna be awesome. If it gets in to position and deploys properly....that is an incredible technical feat in and of itself. If it then is able to collect and transmit the data it is intended to, there is the potential to learn some really awesome stuff.

Also....you can join Queen's Brian May as a later in life astrophysicist...