Thread: Super Bowl matchup

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Super Bowl matchup

Outside the longest of shots of the Steelers being in it, what other matchup would you enjoy seeing in the Super Bowl this year?

Mine:

Packers v. Chiefs
    Cardinals v. Bills
    Rams v. Chargers

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Re: Super Bowl matchup

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Outside the longest of shots of the Steelers being in it, what other matchup would you enjoy seeing in the Super Bowl this year?

Mine:

Packers v. Chiefs
    Cardinals v. Bills
    Rams v. Chargers
    I’d like any of those except Rams. I would love to see Bucs vs Pats, conditional on Bucs blowing them out. Believe it or not I say this sober.

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

A Titans vs Rams rematch or a Cowboys vs Bills rematch where the previous loser gets a win would be ok with me. At the same time no Bengals vs 49ers 3 please. Chargers vs Cardinals would guarantee a first time champ which could be a nice change.

No more Brady/Gronk Superbowls.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Cowboys v Bills
    Colts v Cardinals
    Packers v Chiefs
    Packers v Chargers
    Cowboys v Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I’d like any of those except Rams. I would love to see Bucs vs Pats, conditional on Bucs blowing them out. Believe it or not I say this sober.
    If I never see Brady or Bill in a Super Bowl again it’ll be too soon.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

KC vs Arizona

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Patriots/Green Bay
    KC/Bucs
    Titans/Cowboys

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Chargers… because I like Herbert (and he gets little credit since he’s in the same division as Mahomes). Plus, it would be hilarious to see the Chargers win it all after they’ve burned a bridge with many San Diegans.

Cardinals… they’re our neighbors. Plus, back when they were in the AFC East, I always rooted for them to upset the rest of that division. Yes, they’ve been to a Super Bowl since those days, but they’ve been treated like doormats for most of their existence… and it would make me smile to see them win it all.

Senior Member Array title="Moose has a brilliant future">

Packer's VS Chief's without a doubt would hold my interest. Plus a little class in the teams.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Packer's VS Chief's without a doubt would hold my interest. Plus a little class in the teams.
    I suspect it would hold mine too but I'm not sure I'd care who won?

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    I suspect it would hold mine too but I'm not sure I'd care who won?
    I agree with you. Because of the Steeler's NOT being in the game, I wouldn't have a horse in the race,( so to speak), so therefore I'd be able to sit back and hopefully be able to watch a well educated, talented team play good football.

I agree with you. Because of the Steeler's NOT being in the game, I wouldn't have a horse in the race,( so to speak), so therefore I'd be able to sit back and hopefully be able to watch a well educated, talented team play good football.
    Point taken.

Football actually becomes more enjoyable after the Steelers are eliminated in some strange way. That's the angst of being emotionally invested as a fan.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Arizona or Green Bay vs Chiefs.

Be cool to see Mahomes, Murray, and Rodgers play a game of "Ok. I can top that" for a trophy.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Wouldn’t mind seeing the Chiefs or Buffalo Bills against the Pack or the Cards

had enough of Brady and the New England Bills

Football actually becomes more enjoyable after the Steelers are eliminated in some strange way. That's the angst of being emotionally invested as a fan.
    LOL, again I agree. It's nice to just be able to sit with a drink and enjoy a good game, instead of sitting on the edge of the chair yelling. screaming and cussing at stupid plays, play calling, missed tackles, dropped balls, etc,etc..

Old School Misfit Array title="silver & black has a reputation beyond repute"> silver & black's Avatar

LOL, again I agree. It's nice to just be able to sit with a drink and enjoy a good game, instead of sitting on the edge of the chair yelling. screaming and cussing at stupid plays, play calling, missed tackles, dropped balls, etc,etc..
    If you were a Raiders fan, you could do that every year!

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

Mine:

Packers v. Chiefs
    Cardinals v. Bills
    Rams v. Chargers
    If the Titans get Henry back for the playoffs fresh (and all signs are pointing to just that) then they should easily be a choice. Yes they lost to us but they were missing their top two offensive threats in Henry and Brown. They are both going to be back and healthy for the playoffs and winning in January requires a great ground came and clock control. I think the SB is going to be Packers vs Titans.

Senior Member Array title="EzraTank has a reputation beyond repute"> EzraTank's Avatar

The problem with predicting this year is the COVID piece. If a player like Mahomes has to miss a game it changes everything.