Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin's Kiss

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Tomlin's Kiss

Is blowing a kiss to the camera after beating a Titans team missing Derrick Henry, Julio Jones and AJ Brown while being 10th in the AFC the same thing as the Steelers defense celebrating a defensive play down by 22 to the Vikings?

Why do we blow up at players for doing what the coach does?

If Claypool blew a kiss to the camera (he was benched for not catching a pass in tight double coverage) wouldn't that be more evidence that he is a diva?

https://youtu.be/H4MDXBiXpY4

Senior Member Array title="that1guy is a splendid one to behold">

Re: Tomlin's Kiss

Tomlin shows why the locker room is in constant disarray. The team mirrors is attitude.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Yeah Vrabel letting the Titans players stomp the logo to start the game was much better…wish we had him as a coach instead…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Coaches aren't allowed to celebrate, they're supposed to be total drones like that belicheat fellow

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Yet another idiotic thread!

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

- - - Updated - - -

No fun unless 6 Dongs or Tee Tee are here.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Mountain, molehill. And what a surprise, considering the OP...

Noll and Cowher let their players get away with more than Vrabel. I'm not one of these "coach needs to be a disciplinarian" guys. Joey Porter would show up in another team's stadium trash talk endlessly and occasionally fight. It's really not the same thing as celebrating being the 10th seed.

I think Tomlin's response to criticism about being a "player's coach" is a bigger problem. I think he swings the other way. He benched Claypool again and I don't know why. He didn't reach out to Bell during the hold out or AB. If anything Tomlin is probably too tough on players some times. Tomlin also cares that his players are good role models whereas there were some pretty bad role models on the 70s and 90s Steelers. "Hey kids, don't shoot at police helicopters like I do."

And why do you think Vrabel is a bad coach? He is 38-24 with 2 playoff wins. He beat the Patriots in Foxborough in a WC. Tannehill was 42-46 before Vrabel and 27-13 with.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

May be the most out of context thing of all time…lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloydwoodsonjr View Post
    Noll and Cowher let their players get away with more than Vrabel. I'm not one of these "coach needs to be a disciplinarian" guys. Joey Porter would show up in another team's stadium trash talk endlessly and occasionally fight. It's really not the same thing as celebrating being the 10th seed.

I think Tomlin's response to criticism about being a "player's coach" is a bigger problem. I think he swings the other way. He benched Claypool again and I don't know why. He didn't reach out to Bell during the hold out or AB. If anything Tomlin is probably too tough on players some times. Tomlin also cares that his players are good role models whereas there were some pretty bad role models on the 70s and 90s Steelers. "Hey kids, don't shoot at police helicopters like I do."

And why do you think Vrabel is a bad coach? He is 38-24 with 2 playoff wins. He beat the Patriots in Foxborough in a WC. Tannehill was 42-46 before Vrabel and 27-13 with.
    Might want to use that Google thing again…

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    May be the most out of context thing of all time…lol.
    *Shoulder shrug* USA Today, MSN, Yahoo Sports, Reddit et al. picked up on it. I think that makes it a story?

Did you see James Harrison congratulating Watt for breaking his single season sack record? I thought it was a vulgar display of self-promotion by Harrison.

Might want to use that Google thing again…
    Just fact checked with Google. Yep 100% correct.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Is blowing a kiss to the camera after beating a Titans team missing Derrick Henry, Julio Jones and AJ Brown while being 10th in the AFC the same thing as the Steelers defense celebrating a defensive play down by 22 to the Vikings?

Why do we blow up at players for doing what the coach does?

If Claypool blew a kiss to the camera (he was benched for not catching a pass in tight double coverage) wouldn't that be more evidence that he is a diva?

https://youtu.be/H4MDXBiXpY4
    Get a life.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

*Shoulder shrug* USA Today, MSN, Yahoo Sports, Reddit et al. picked up on it. I think that makes it a story?

Did you see James Harrison congratulating Watt for breaking his single season sack record? I thought it was a vulgar display of self-promotion by Harrison.
    What? He literally congratulated him for breaking his record, then wished him well and hoped he would go on to break the NFL record? I thought it was pretty cool for him to do that. A “vulgar display of self-promoting” would have been trying to bring up that it is now a 17 game season or some crap.

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Yeah Vrabel letting the Titans players stomp the logo to start the game was much better…wish we had him as a coach instead…

I would rather have Vrabel as our HC honestly

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    What? He literally congratulated him for breaking his record, then wished him well and hoped he would go on to break the NFL record? I thought it was pretty cool for him to do that. A “vulgar display of self-promoting” would have been trying to bring up that it is now a 17 game season or some crap.
    I was teasing Mojouw because he said ex-Steelers (including Joe Greene) are clout chasers who pop up after every Steelers loss.

I like Vrabel better too. I started watching football under Cowher and you can tell a LB coached team from a WR coached team IMO. The only WR I would want in terms of disposition as HC are Hines, Boldin and Steve Smith Jr. if he were smarter haha.

I said before I'd like Leftwich as HC going forward. He's young, gifted and looked good in black and gold. I think having the 3rd best offense with Jameis is more impressive than what he has done with Brady. And honestly Leftwich is about as tough as they come.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    That is really a great GIF hahahah! Good one.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

another stupid thread by a pretend fan ....

look dipshit why not just tell us what you really think instead of pretending to be a steeler fan ... grow a pair and man up

- - - Updated - - -

and I think you are a dickhead .... see everyone can have opinions
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

another stupid thread by a pretend fan ....

look dipshit why not just tell us what you really think instead of pretending to be a steeler fan ... grow a pair and man up

- - - Updated - - -

and I think you are a dickhead .... see everyone can have opinions
    You just wanted the rookie punter fired over one bad punt hahaha! Harvin is averaging 43.3 yards per punt... Jordan Berry averaged 42.6 his first year. Berry's avg. was 44.4 with the Steelers.

So... "real fans" want to terminate the rookie punter for averaging 1 yard less per punt than our veteran punter; but anyone who criticizes the head coach who has 2 playoff wins over the last 11 seasons isn't a "real
    fan."

What? Think it through. Who drafted the rookie punter? Despite your irrational hatred of our rookie P whose fault
    is that really? Most teams don't spend draft picks on punters. Tomlin loves him.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

You just wanted the rookie punter fired over one bad punt hahaha! Harvin is averaging 43.3 yards per punt... Jordan Berry averaged 42.6 his first year. Berry's avg. was 44.4 with the Steelers.

So... "real fans" want to terminate the rookie punter for averaging 1 yard less per punt than our veteran punter; but anyone who criticizes the head coach who has 2 playoff wins over the last 11 seasons isn't a "real
    fan."

What? Think it through. Who drafted the rookie punter? Despite your irrational hatred of our rookie P whose fault
    is that really? Most teams don't spend draft picks on punters. Tomlin loves him.
    so many things wrong with that statement ....

1) its not because of this 1 post / thread its your entire existence here ...

2) wanted Berry ousted too being less than him certainly isnt a hand to go all in on

3) you clearly have no clue where I stand with Tomlin as a head coach

4) you do realize Tomlin isnt the GM here right ?

5) you do realize that the GM hires the scouts that bring together the draft board information

6) you do realize draft preparations have been taking place all of college football season and will be a train long down the track before this steelers coaching staff can even consider getting on that moving train and will NEVER be able to watch all the film or take in all the live games that the scouts and Colbert take in so far less knowledgeable on draft day

7) you do realize it is then the GM who has the final word on who is drafted even if there is a conversation about it

but hey carry on with your horse shit some enjoy the laugh

Just fact checked with Google. Yep 100% correct.
    So you googled it and Vrabel’s team has behaved perfectly? Lol.

Renegade. Array title="bayz101 has a reputation beyond repute"> bayz101's Avatar

Another great thread - mods, can topic creation be limited on a user-by-user basis?

- - - Updated - - -

Hilarious to assume Tomlins "kiss" was anything more than a kiss to the camera in his face.

- - - Updated - - -

OP, do you have an average blood pressure below 150/90?

Tomlin's Kiss

Quote Originally Posted by bayz101 View Post
    Another great thread - mods, can topic creation be limited on a user-by-user basis?

- - - Updated - - -

Hilarious to assume Tomlins "kiss" was anything more than a kiss to the camera in his face.

- - - Updated - - -

OP, do you have an average blood pressure below 150/90?
    Couldn’t have been to anyone but the Titans…lol. Not even just a smooch in general out to the fans…

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

I loved it!

Less we forget how passionate and emotional Bill Cowher was.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

tomlin must've been giving the OP's old lady the D or something

so many things wrong with that statement ....

1) its not because of this 1 post / thread its your entire existence here ...

2) wanted Berry ousted too being less than him certainly isnt a hand to go all in on

3) you clearly have no clue where I stand with Tomlin as a head coach

4) you do realize Tomlin isnt the GM here right ?

5) you do realize that the GM hires the scouts that bring together the draft board information

6) you do realize draft preparations have been taking place all of college football season and will be a train long down the track before this steelers coaching staff can even consider getting on that moving train and will NEVER be able to watch all the film or take in all the live games that the scouts and Colbert take in so far less knowledgeable on draft day

7) you do realize it is then the GM who has the final word on who is drafted even if there is a conversation about it

but hey carry on with your horse shit some enjoy the laugh
    Colbert and Tomlin literally are side by side at every pro day. It was Tomlin who called Harvin on draft day.

Every good GM picks players that fit coaches' schemes. Coaches' input is invaluable.

You are making the rules up as you go: "real fans" can demand rookie punters be fired but "real fans" cannot demand coaches who have been inept for 11 seasons be fired. What a joke.

I don't demand rookies' careers are cancelled. Here is a full list of players on the roster who have won a playoff game with the Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger, Cameron Heyward.

Joe Haden would have more career playoff wins if he had stayed on the Browns.

But a "real fan" just wants to cancel a rookie punter's career.

Hey, you make the rules...

https://youtu.be/B4qAjJ9CLfU

Senior Member Array title="T&B fan has much to be proud of"> T&B fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    I loved it!

Less we forget how passionate and emotional Bill Cowher was.
    less we forget the kiss he gave to Kordell Stewart .
    we must never forget tell everyone you know New England cheated and might be back at it Edit 1-21-15 there back Edit #2__12-8-19 here we go again Edit #3__ 5-25-23 it never ends

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T&B fan View Post
    less we forget the kiss he gave to Kordell Stewart .
    You win the day!!!

Colbert and Tomlin literally are side by side at every pro day. It was Tomlin who called Harvin on draft day.

Every good GM picks players that fit coaches' schemes. Coaches' input is invaluable.

You are making the rules up as you go: "real fans" can demand rookie punters be fired but "real fans" cannot demand coaches who have been inept for 11 seasons be fired. What a joke.

I don't demand rookies' careers are cancelled. Here is a full list of players on the roster who have won a playoff game with the Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger, Cameron Heyward.

Joe Haden would have more career playoff wins if he had stayed on the Browns.

But a "real fan" just wants to cancel a rookie punter's career.

Hey, you make the rules...

https://youtu.be/B4qAjJ9CLfU
    newsflash Tomlin calls all the draft picks ...........

and guess what after all these years I think Colbert understands team needs and player fits ( just a hunch ) if he didnt he would be much of a GM

a link to 1 great punt wow , go figure can you show us more than 1 ??? I can show you several shitty ones

and LOVE how you make it up as you go along ... go take a long walk off a short pier

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar