Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Mock drafts

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Re: 2022 Mock drafts

Pittsburgh Steelers

Sam Howell
      QB, North Carolina

Pittsburgh Steelers

Bernhard Raimann
      OT, Central Michigan

Pittsburgh Steelers

Chad Muma
      LB, Wyoming

Pittsburgh Steelers

Tyrese Robinson
      IOL, Oklahoma

Pittsburgh Steelers

Nick Ford
      IOL, Utah

Pittsburgh Steelers

Connor Heyward
      TE, Michigan State

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

@Born2Steel

I'd take that draft!!!

Senior Member Array title="Born2Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Born2Steel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    @Born2Steel

I'd take that draft!!!
    That's an awful lot of OL....LOL(even more)

Quote Originally Posted by Born2Steel View Post
    Did we lose our 5th round pick?

Looks like just a 4th round comp....https://steelersnow.com/steelers-pro...022-nfl-draft/

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Looks like just a 4th round comp....https://steelersnow.com/steelers-pro...022-nfl-draft/
    Yup. Played Haeg too much. At least Witherspoon looks useful for the future.

But I feel like anyone could’ve played Haeg snaps with no downgrade and an extra pick could’ve been retained.

But, I realize I let this one bug me WAY more than it should.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

just tried the PFF mock twice both times Howell was gone at 10 and 13 respectively

tried fanspeak 3 times Howell went from 7th to 15th
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

went into this wanting Howell and a NT / DE never did see player and value line up and ended up with damn near all offense

but I did walk away with small school phenom linebacker / swiss army knife Troy Anderson

7 Round - 1 Team: Mock Draft
    Created: less than a minute ago
    Draft Mode: Realistic
    |
    Trade Mode: Strict
    |
    Draft Order: Pre-Draft

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

@Dwins
    I’d take it. As much as I want a DT, if Tuitt comes back, we’re good to go. In the meanwhile, we get a very good RT, an upgrade at center, and Green flourishes at RG. Plus, you know, an obvious upgrade at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    @Dwins
    I’d take it. As much as I want a DT, if Tuitt comes back, we’re good to go. In the meanwhile, we get a very good RT, an upgrade at center, and Green flourishes at RG. Plus, you know, an obvious upgrade at QB.
    check out Polk when you get a few extra mins ..I think you will like what you see

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    check out Polk when you get a few extra mins ..I think you will like what you see
    I shall... but, what caught my eye was the SS/ILB hybrid. We've been looking for one of those for a decade.

Okay. So, I am reading up on Makai, and I have a non-football gripe: they say he played at the University of California. Period. Nothing after that.

As an alumnus to one of the other UC schools (Go Tritons!!!), it bugs the crap out of me that UC - Berkeley thinks that they are the ONLY campus in that university. ARGH!!! It's why I root so whole-heartedly for Stanford.

The Steelers could have a very successful draft this year and not draft a single player from a P5 school.

1(20) Trevor Penning/Bernhard Raimann OT N. Iowa/C. Mich
    2(52) Darrian Beavers/Travis Jones ILB/NT Cincy/UConn
    3(84) Coby Bryant/Jalen Tolbert CB/WR Cincy/S. Bama
    4(135) Deangelo Malone/Romeo Doubs OLB/WR W. KY/Nevada
    7a(?) Cordell Volson OT NDSU
    7b(?) Clint Ratkovich RB N. ILL

Senior Member Array title="polamalubeast has a reputation beyond repute">

Bucky Brooks

Pick
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    SELECTION: Travon Walker, DL

School: Georgia

https://www.nfl.com/news/bucky-brook...y-qbs-selected

- - - Updated - - -

Daniel Jeremiah

Pick
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    Pittsburgh Steelers
    SELECTION: Charles Cross, OT

School: Mississippi State
    Year: Sophomore (RS)

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2022-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-kenny-pickett-malik-willis-among-3-qbs

2-2-22 Mock Draft

R1: Sam Howell, QB, UNC

R2: Perrion Winfrey, DT, Oklahoma / Darrian Beavers, ILB Cincinnati

R3: Eric Lindstrom, C, BC

R4: Chad Muma, ILB, Wyoming / Neil Farrell, Jr., DT, LSU

R6: Connor Heyward, TE/RB/FB, Michigan St.

R6: Matt Araiza, P, SDSU

R7: Troy Andersen, SS, Montana St.

NOTE: We sign an OT and a CB in free agency.
    Last edited by teegre; 02-02-2022 at 11:23 PM.

4 rounds only.

1(20) Sam Howell....Colbert's guy from the beginning and locking in that 5th year option.

2(52) Perrion Winfrey....Tuitt's return is doubtful. DL needs help and Winfrey is killing it in Senior Bowl practices.

3(84) Eric Lindstrom....Great value for the Steelers here Immediate upgrade on the OL. Moore-Dotson-Lindstrom-Green-Banner

4(135) Troy Anderson....ILB from Montana State. Just showing off at the Senior Bowl. Also plays 'Taysom Hill' on offense.

Very close to Teegre's top 4 picks and probably for similar reasons. This draft just makes sense to me. I will most likely change my mind a few times more but this looks like where i am in February.

4 rounds only.

1(20) Sam Howell....Colbert's guy from the beginning and locking in that 5th year option.

2(52) Perrion Winfrey....Tuitt's return is doubtful. DL needs help and Winfrey is killing it in Senior Bowl practices.

3(84) Eric Lindstrom....Great value for the Steelers here Immediate upgrade on the OL. Moore-Dotson-Lindstrom-Green-Banner

4(135) Troy Anderson....ILB from Montana State. Just showing off at the Senior Bowl. Also plays 'Taysom Hill' on offense.

Very close to Teegre's top 4 picks and probably for similar reasons. This draft just makes sense to me. I will most likely change my mind a few times more but this looks like where i am in February.

2nd option:
    1(20) Sam Howell....QB with 5th year option. Colbert has shown interest.

2(52) Ed Ingram...RG both to protect the QB and to open run lanes for Najee. Green will stay at Center.

3(84) Calvin Austin...Speed on the offense to move safeties out of the box. Both to create a deep weapon as well as open run lanes.

4(135) Travis Jones....Pure NT/2 down DL. Puts a run stop in the middle of the DL.

7a(221) Quentin Lake....FS/NB Replaces Marcus Allen as Spy/NB. Son of Carnell Lake.

7b(237) Connor Heyward...Who do you think opened all those holes for Kenneth Walker? Plus he becomes THE ST version of Dirty Red.

Senior Member Array title="BEERgods225 has a spectacular aura about">

Did we lose our 5th round pick?
    Projected RD 3 Comp for Bud Dupree has currently been dropped to a projected 4th because of his lack of playing time due to injury.

Projected RD 5 Comp for OG Matt Fieler has been lost due to Joe Haeg starting in week 18, his playing time canceled this pick.

Projected RD 6 Comp for CB Mike Hilton has been projected as a loss due to the limited number of Comp picks and this one not rating high enough.

R6 pick has been gained from Kansas City in the Melvin Ingram Trade.

R7 Pick has been gained from NY Jets in the Avery Williamson Trade.

Current projected draft picks
    RD1
    RD2
    RD3
    RD4 (Comp)
    RD6 (f/KC)
    RD7 (f/NYJ)
    RD7

Senior Member Array title="BEERgods225 has a spectacular aura about">

Multiple Options

RD1 NT Devonte Wyatt - UGA
    RD2 QB Howell / Strong
    RD3 CB Jermaine Waller - VT
    RD4 OT Braxton Jones - Utah
    RD6 OC Cole Strange - Chat
    RD7 ILB Micah McFadden / Troy Anderson
    RD7 WR Danny Gray - SMU

RD1 QB Pickett / Howell
    RD2 WR George Pickens
    RD3 NT Travis Jones
    RD4 OT Max Mitchell
    RD6 OC Alec Lindstrom
    RD7 ILB Chad Muma / Troy Anderson
    RD7 CB Joshua Williams

RD1 OC Linderbaum
    RD2 CB Alontae Taylor
    RD3 QB Aqeel Glass
    RD4 ILB Brad Smith (Comp - Bud Dupree)
    RD6 OT Braxton Jones ( f/ KC Melvin Ingram)
    RD7 NT Neil Farrell Jr. ( f/ NYJ Avery Williamson)
    RD7 WR Danny Gray

Quote Originally Posted by BEERgods225 View Post
    Multiple Options

RD2 QB Howell / Strong
    RD7 WR Danny Gray - SMU

RD1 QB Pickett / Howell
    RD2 WR George Pickens
    RD3 NT Travis Jones
    RD4 OT Max Mitchell
    RD6 OC Alec Lindstrom
    RD7 CB Joshua Williams

RD1 OC Linderbaum
    RD2 CB Alontae Taylor
    RD3 QB Aqeel Glass
    RD7 WR Danny Gray
    CB Alontae Taylor has been terribly overlooked on here. Not sure his round value but 2nd/3rd is probably right.

I think the Steelers have an interest in Sam Howell, Malik Willis, Kenny Pickett, and Matt Corral as 1st round QB prospects and possibly even Desmond Ridder. After seeing Zion Johnson play OC in the Senior Bowl I think he may move ahead of even Tyler Linderbaum as a 1st round OL prospect. Evan Neal, Trevor Penning, Ikem Ekwonu, and Charles Cross are probably OTs that are on the 1st round radar as well. That gives 11 possibilities from just the offensive side of the ball. Defensively I think they could go CB with Ahmad Gardner or Andrew Booth, or a more position flexible Trent McDuffie in the 1st. DeMarvin Leal is the best fit to replace Tuitt should it come to that. That gets me to 15. The rest can be filled out with the obvious top 5-10 guys we know there is no shot at from 20. Starting to narrow it down a bit.

1(20) Sam Howell QB NC
    2(52) Dylan Parham C/G Memphis
    3(84) Alontae Taylor CB Tennessee
    4(137) David Anenih ILB/OLB Houston
    7a(222) Velus Jones Jr WR Tennessee
    7b(238) Connor Heyward TE/FB/RB MichState

1(20) Zion Johnson C/G BC
    2(52) Calvin Austin III WR Memphis
    3(84) Alontae Taylor CB Tennessee
    4(137) Jack Coan QB ND
    7a(222) Michael Clemons OLB Texas A&M
    7b(238) Connor Heyward TE/FB/RB MichState

Just doesn't make sense we wouldn't draft Little Ironhead

After seeing Zion Johnson play OC in the Senior Bowl I think he may move ahead of even Tyler Linderbaum as a 1st round OL prospect.
    Zion Johnson and Trevor Penning were the best lineman at the Senior Bowl.

Zion went from R2 to R1... and his ability to play C has me verrrrry intrigued!!!

Penning might have launched himself into the top ten.

- - - Updated - - -

Just doesn't make sense we wouldn't draft Little Ironhead
    Right!!!

Just a random thought on the 1st round of this draft overall. There are multiple teams this year with multiple 1st round picks. I think it's 4 teams with multiple 1st round picks. This 'could' mean more trades by teams moving into the 1st round, teams wanting to use one 1st round pick to move back for more picks overall, and an option that intrigues me most is what if they use their 1st round picks? This last option has me thinking teams like the Panthers, Broncos, Dolphins, Colts, Lions, Browns, etc might be more likely to use a 1st round pick on a QB, OL, or 'Defensive game changer type' leaving all these high rated DBs and WRs to day2.

That could leave the best option for the Steelers at 20 is a defensive player. Could they go LB or CB at 20?

Just a random thought on the 1st round of this draft overall. There are multiple teams this year with multiple 1st round picks. I think it's 4 teams with multiple 1st round picks. This 'could' mean more trades by teams moving into the 1st round, teams wanting to use one 1st round pick to move back for more picks overall, and an option that intrigues me most is what if they use their 1st round picks? This last option has me thinking teams like the Panthers, Broncos, Dolphins, Colts, Lions, Browns, etc might be more likely to use a 1st round pick on a QB, OL, or 'Defensive game changer type' leaving all these high rated DBs and WRs to day2.

That could leave the best option for the Steelers at 20 is a defensive player. Could they go LB or CB at 20?
    Reread this and it really didn't make much sense the way I wrote that.

Basically...IF teams that have multiple 1st round picks keep their picks....they are more likely to take BPA of need AND the BPA of QB, OL, Defensive game changer. This could force other teams into taking/reaching for QB/OL/Defensive gamechanger early due to 'run on'. Making top ranked DBs/WRs/LBs fall further than they should. Although all of the names we keep picking on here would be gone by 20 in this scenario, the Steelers could finally get their lockdown CB, hybrid LB-Safety, or next Swann.

Also, if teams ARE trading up into the 1st round....they are most likely trading up for a QB.

4 round mock if the Steelers sign FAs to plug the offensive side leaving the defensive side to the draft...

1. Devin Lloyd LB Utah
    2. Travis Jones NT UConn
    3. Alontae Taylor CB Tennessee
    4. Deangelo Malone OLB W. Kentucky

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!!

My draft, I trade with the Eagles to move up to 16.

Tyler Linderbaum- We get a true Center and commander in 1ST round with the needed football intelligence at the position. Green can move to Guard where he is better suited . Which would add depth to our Guard position. If Dotson is healthy, we would have Dotson, Green, Turner rotate for fresh legs and lungs.

Damone Clark- ILB -- Devin Bush has lost a step after his injury, and was no where to be found in run support. Get another LB to add depth if we need to part ways with Bush. Clark has the size to thump in run support and the speed to hang with NFL TEs.

Rasheed Walker- LT- If Zach Banner is healthy , terrific! Walker can be insurance for him at the left side. Our O-line lacked depth, again fresh legs and lungs approach.

John Ridgeway III-- DT-in a true 3-4 set. Arkansas would run 3 man pressure, and it work primarily because Ridgeway constant winning at the point of attack. He another HIGH MOTOR guy cut from the TJ Watt cloth. With Tyson Alualu and Tuitt uncertain, we need to beef up our interior DL. Not only is Ridgeway valuable creating pressure for the QB, he blowing up run plays before they even start , usually making room for a teammate to make a tackle

Cade Otton- TE-- Eric Ebron is most likely getting released. Cade is the considered a top 3 TE in this years draft. He can provide an upgrade run blocking as well. Which I predict our offense is going to shift to TRYING to become a dominant run team. But is also an great hands , above average speed, route running, and elusiveness. He seemed to be the QBs favorite target in Washington. One scout compared him to Zac Erts and PAT FRIERMUUUUUUTH. Imagine having two Friermuths on one team?

Danny Gray- WR---- THIS IS MY STEAL--- I was high on this guy a few weeks ago , and he falls to the 7th in all my mocks. He has the quick twitch movement and reminds me a lot of a Tyreek Hill, Deebo Samuel, in shifty or Antinio brown. BUT the senior bowl happened, and know everyone knows he can RUN 22 MPH!!
    Not to mention he can catch, and explodes drastically in the opposite direction after the catch (A lot like tyreek)
    Could also add value in Punt return/Kick Return

I predict though once this guy runs his 40 at the combine , he will go up to 1st to 3rd round.

Velus Jones JR-- WR--- Yes another Wide out. But the value at the 7th round this guy I feel would be another steal. More of a long rangy runner, but very physical one. Finishes his plays to the endzone, and also has experience in punt/kick return.

Round: 1 Pick 16
    Tyler Linderbaum
    IOL | Iowa
    TRADE
    Round: 3 pick 83
    Damone Clark
    LB | LSU
    TRADE
    Round: 3 pick 84
    Rasheed Walker
    OT | Penn State
    Round: 4 pick 122
    John Ridgeway
    DL | Arkansas
    TRADE
    Round: 4 137
    Cade Otton
    TE | Washington
    Round: 7 pick 222
    Danny Gray
    WR | SMU
    Round: 7 pick 238
    Velus Jones Jr.
    WR | Tennessee

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BEERgods225 View Post
    Multiple Options

RD1 NT Devonte Wyatt - UGA------LOVE THIS GUY
    RD2 QB Howell / Strong----- Not sold on these two at all for some reason . Not passing the eye test
    RD7 WR Danny Gray - SMU---- I REALLY LOVE THIS GUY--- I am glad you found him too. He will rise for sure be rising before draft day.

RD1 QB Pickett / Howell
    RD2 WR George Pickens
    RD3 NT Travis Jones
    RD4 OT Max Mitchell
    RD6 OC Alec Lindstrom
    RD7 CB Joshua Williams

RD1 OC Linderbaum
    RD2 CB Alontae Taylor
    RD3 QB Aqeel Glass
    RD7 WR Danny Gray

I am in the same ecosystem of thought process as you. If I cloud combine some of your options this would be my ideal from what you laid out.

RD2 CB Alontae Taylor
    RD3 QB Aqeel Glass
    RD4 OT Max Mitchell
    RD6 OC Alec Lindstrom
    RD7 WR Danny Gray

@Iron Steeler

Linderbaum: obvs

Clark: the position makes a ton of sense, and that particular ILB has been recently linked to the Steelers

Walker: position if need (I don’t know the player)

Ridgeway: excellent!!!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK!!

My draft, I trade with the Eagles to move up to 16.

Tyler Linderbaum- We get a true Center and commander in 1ST round with the needed football intelligence at the position. Green can move to Guard where he is better suited . Which would add depth to our Guard position. If Dotson is healthy, we would have Dotson, Green, Turner rotate for fresh legs and lungs.

Damone Clark- ILB -- Devin Bush has lost a step after his injury, and was no where to be found in run support. Get another LB to add depth if we need to part ways with Bush. Clark has the size to thump in run support and the speed to hang with NFL TEs.

Rasheed Walker- LT- If Zach Banner is healthy , terrific! Walker can be insurance for him at the left side. Our O-line lacked depth, again fresh legs and lungs approach.

John Ridgeway III-- DT-in a true 3-4 set. Arkansas would run 3 man pressure, and it work primarily because Ridgeway constant winning at the point of attack. He another HIGH MOTOR guy cut from the TJ Watt cloth. With Tyson Alualu and Tuitt uncertain, we need to beef up our interior DL. Not only is Ridgeway valuable creating pressure for the QB, he blowing up run plays before they even start , usually making room for a teammate to make a tackle

Cade Otton- TE-- Eric Ebron is most likely getting released. Cade is the considered a top 3 TE in this years draft. He can provide an upgrade run blocking as well. Which I predict our offense is going to shift to TRYING to become a dominant run team. But is also an great hands , above average speed, route running, and elusiveness. He seemed to be the QBs favorite target in Washington. One scout compared him to Zac Erts and PAT FRIERMUUUUUUTH. Imagine having two Friermuths on one team?

Danny Gray- WR---- THIS IS MY STEAL--- I was high on this guy a few weeks ago , and he falls to the 7th in all my mocks. He has the quick twitch movement and reminds me a lot of a Tyreek Hill, Deebo Samuel, in shifty or Antinio brown. BUT the senior bowl happened, and know everyone knows he can RUN 22 MPH!!
    Not to mention he can catch, and explodes drastically in the opposite direction after the catch (A lot like tyreek)
    Could also add value in Punt return/Kick Return

I predict though once this guy runs his 40 at the combine , he will go up to 1st to 3rd round.

Velus Jones JR-- WR--- Yes another Wide out. But the value at the 7th round this guy I feel would be another steal. More of a long rangy runner, but very physical one. Finishes his plays to the endzone, and also has experience in punt/kick return.

Round: 1 Pick 16
    Tyler Linderbaum
    IOL | Iowa
    TRADE
    Round: 3 pick 83
    Damone Clark
    LB | LSU
    TRADE
    Round: 3 pick 84
    Rasheed Walker
    OT | Penn State
    Round: 4 pick 122
    John Ridgeway
    DL | Arkansas
    TRADE
    Round: 4 137
    Cade Otton
    TE | Washington
    Round: 7 pick 222
    Danny Gray
    WR | SMU
    Round: 7 pick 238
    Velus Jones Jr.
    WR | Tennessee
    I would be happy with this. Would y want the TE though as I am happy with the three remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler