Thread: Chiefs vs Chargers.....just go for it.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Chiefs vs Chargers.....just go for it.

So if the Chargers just kick FG's when they are in range, instead of going for it on 4th down 3 different times and failing....they win the game, right? I wonder what their message boards are like and all the compliments for Staley.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Re: Chiefs vs Chargers.....just go for it.

Whew, this board would be closed for business by now.

Hey ya got balls, that's great . But make smart statistical decisions and win games. Going for it that often is what losers do

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    Whew, this board would be closed for business by now.

Hey ya got balls, that's great . But make smart statistical decisions and win games. Going for it that often is what losers do

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    I think somehow the analytics of the situation say to go for it and that is why the Chargers kept doing it.

Simple football sense says, put points on the board and you win more than you lose. That is the simple reason that the Chargers are not atop the AFC West this morning.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Fire Tomlin! It's Ben's fault!

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Fire Tomlin! It's Ben's fault!
    Agree, the Chargers can only lose with Ben and Tomlin's former Right Tackle (Matt Feiler). Cowher would never allow that.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Staley was an idiot. He was a victim of his own plan. There was once or twice when kicking made more sense. He only needed to do it once. Belichick wouldn’t have gone for it every time. He would’ve taken the win.

Ravens Fan Extraordinaire Array title="Crow-Magnon has a reputation beyond repute"> Crow-Magnon's Avatar

First goal-to-go was early. Kick the FG and get the points. The 2nd I could see going for it. You got stuffed. The 3rd time you had a lead and were doing well limiting the Chiefs. Kick the FG. Regardless, that was 9 points left on the field. That fumble was a killer.

Banned Array title="Lloydwoodsonjr is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
    First goal-to-go was early. Kick the FG and get the points. The 2nd I could see going for it. You got stuffed. The 3rd time you had a lead and were doing well limiting the Chiefs. Kick the FG. Regardless, that was 9 points left on the field. That fumble was a killer.
    Agree with this. 2nd one wasn't a bad choice.