Thread: Some Film On Montravious Adams

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Some Film On Montravious Adams

Looks like he is playing well for just getting here. Awesome pass rush play @ about 8:00

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Some Film On Montravious Adams

Defintiely a guy I will be watching on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I like the Hargrave comparison. Maybe we found out guy.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

No way. Still waiting for next year when 35 year old Alualu comes back and solidifies the middle of the defense.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I would be interested if someone had a look at the film that got him released from multiple other rosters...

I am optimistic about the possibility of Adams...but I have not seen discussion of why he couldn't stick anywhere else before?

Was he stuck behind players? Was he playing out of position/role? Did he just need time to develop to an NFL level? Is he being used differently here?

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    I would be interested if someone had a look at the film that got him released from multiple other rosters...

I am optimistic about the possibility of Adams...but I have not seen discussion of why he couldn't stick anywhere else before?

Was he stuck behind players? Was he playing out of position/role? Did he just need time to develop to an NFL level? Is he being used differently here?
    After completing his four-year, $3.277 million rookie contract with the Green Bay Packers, Adams signed as a free agent with the New England Patriots in March. But the Patriots released Adams on Aug. 31, and he joined the Saints six days later.

New Orleans released and re-signed Adams twice this season, the second time on Nov. 19 for its practice squad.

Adams began 2019 in the Packers’ starting lineup as a defensive end in a three-man front. But after starting the first two games, Adams missed the next two games because of a shoulder injury, and when he returned for Game 5, Tyler Lancaster held the starting spot. Adams played 41 of his regular-season defensive-snap count of 187 in the first two games. He had 11 tackles and one fumble recovery in 2019.

Adams’ fourth NFL season came to a premature end in 2020. He didn’t play after Nov. 15 because of a toe injury. In eight games, Adams recorded 11 tackles, including two behind the line of scrimmage, while playing 130 defensive snaps and 71 special-teams plays.

https://www.al.com/sports/2021/12/mo...outputType=amp

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    After completing his four-year, $3.277 million rookie contract with the Green Bay Packers, Adams signed as a free agent with the New England Patriots in March. But the Patriots released Adams on Aug. 31, and he joined the Saints six days later.

New Orleans released and re-signed Adams twice this season, the second time on Nov. 19 for its practice squad.

Adams began 2019 in the Packers’ starting lineup as a defensive end in a three-man front. But after starting the first two games, Adams missed the next two games because of a shoulder injury, and when he returned for Game 5, Tyler Lancaster held the starting spot. Adams played 41 of his regular-season defensive-snap count of 187 in the first two games. He had 11 tackles and one fumble recovery in 2019.

Adams’ fourth NFL season came to a premature end in 2020. He didn’t play after Nov. 15 because of a toe injury. In eight games, Adams recorded 11 tackles, including two behind the line of scrimmage, while playing 130 defensive snaps and 71 special-teams plays.

OK. Injuries are playing a part. And maybe being "miscast" as a DE? Certainly not moving CLark out of NT in Green Bay...

Lots of guys, Alualu for example, that didn't excite a lot of people at DE when moved to NT flourish.

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

Do you know what position he played in college?

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    Do you know what position he played in college?
    DT
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

former national top-five defensive tackle high school recruit
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

OK. Injuries are playing a part. And maybe being "miscast" as a DE? Certainly not moving CLark out of NT in Green Bay...

Lots of guys, Alualu for example, that didn't excite a lot of people at DE when moved to NT flourish.
    Alualu was a 4-3 DT coming out of college. Like Cam was. Both have size and skillset to play a DE in a 3-4, but not in a 4-3. Sometimes its about fit, with regards to the defensive front that teams play.

At 6'3" and shorter arms, he should be playing inside like he is. Plus the Steelers ask their NT to 1-gap anyways. Between him and the Davis twins, there should be one guy capable of playing NT.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Alualu was a 4-3 DT coming out of college. Like Cam was. Both have size and skillset to play a DE in a 3-4, but not in a 4-3. Sometimes its about fit, with regards to the defensive front that teams play.

At 6'3" and shorter arms, he should be playing inside like he is. Plus the Steelers ask their NT to 1-gap anyways. Between him and the Davis twins, there should be one guy capable of playing NT.
    Those are some great reasons for kinda where my heads at.

I think there’s a pretty solid record of guys kicking inside to find success after being DEs.

Those are some great reasons for kinda where my heads at.

I think there’s a pretty solid record of guys kicking inside to find success after being DEs.
    To be a DE in a 3-4 it helps to have a physical frame like Cam, Keisel, Tuitt, Wormley, Aaron Smith, etc. 6'5" ish....290-305lbs with longer arms to be able to extend arms and shed OT's as well as Guards.

Basically Adams has a similar frame like Ziggy Hood. Tried to make him a DE in a 3-4, but should really be a DT in a 4-3. And if run defending is the player's forte, then he can work in a 1-gap NT scheme like the Steelers want from their NT.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

In our defensive scheme, we are basically playing all defensive lineman as DTs, whether there are two or three of them on the field at once. But we don't really use any of them as a "nose tackle" in the old sense. Just three guys who are all disruptive rather than two DEs and a big hog. I think that's the way the game is going overall, and your ideal nose tackle is really not a lot different in raw attributes from your 3-4 DEs.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    No way. Still waiting for next year when 35 year old Alualu comes back and solidifies the middle of the defense.
    Because the players behind him are playing so well . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    Because the players behind him are playing so well . . .
    They actually ARE PLAYING.

Maybe its because they are under the age of 29 and not old, broken down and close to retirement.