Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Vikings Week

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Vikings Week

The 2021 Pittsburgh Steelers suck

worst def this franchise has had in multiple categories in decades ....

9 yard runs look like a win for this Defense /facepalm
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Just have to say...that if Kirk Cousins didn't Kirk Cousins....this thing wouldn't have even been close.

Missed on sure TD to Jefferson and those two picks took at least FGs off the board...can't wait for him to be Steeler next season.

Honestly, the more i think about it...the more likely that is to happen.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    Just have to say...that if Kirk Cousins didn't Kirk Cousins....this thing wouldn't have even been close.

Missed on sure TD to Jefferson and those two picks took at least FGs off the board...can't wait for him to be Steeler next season.

Honestly, the more i think about it...the more likely that is to happen.
    Yeah, he threw some footballs into the turf, just to see some rubber pellets fly....rather than hit the wide open receiver. But lets not pretend we havent seen our share of missed passes the past few seasons.

I dont see Cousins ending up in Pittsburgh, but I can see another vet signed and Ben hanging things up. I am not going to hold my breath that its somebody like Wilson, but just going to let it play out and look forward to the retool.

Steelers were never going to win a Super Bowl this year, I think my best hope was a wildcard spot. But most likely they go 1-3 in the remaining games and end up last place in the AFC North, with a decent draft position. Still was an entertaining near comeback last night.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Yeah, he threw some footballs into the turf, just to see some rubber pellets fly....rather than hit the wide open receiver. But lets not pretend we havent seen our share of missed passes the past few seasons.

I dont see Cousins ending up in Pittsburgh, but I can see another vet signed and Ben hanging things up. I am not going to hold my breath that its somebody like Wilson, but just going to let it play out and look forward to the retool.

Steelers were never going to win a Super Bowl this year, I think my best hope was a wildcard spot. But most likely they go 1-3 in the remaining games and end up last place in the AFC North, with a decent draft position. Still was an entertaining near comeback last night.
    I watched most of the first half and then had to do family stuff. Got to see highlights and the last drive for the rest. Enjoyed most of all of that. I figured .500 was their outcome this year.

I never said that Cousins wasn't on par or better than Old Ben, Rudolph, or Hodges. I just don't see the point of a QB that helps a team tread water. But I have made my point and realize that, at least here, I am in a small minority (really a loudmouth of one!) and most would rather have a veteran QB come in and lead a somewhat competitive team.

Honestly, I would rather see what Haskins has in 2022, while grooming the most high upside draft pick they can get at QB, and both of those look to be failures...then go back to the well again.

Right now...I say pick Willis or Strong and hope that the arms strength and overall athleticism eventually translate into really good QB play. But I have a severe (and often incorrect) bias towards guys with big arms at the QB spot. So what the heck do I know?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Honestly, I would rather see what Haskins has in 2022, while grooming the most high upside draft pick they can get at QB, and both of those look to be failures...then go back to the well again.

Right now...I say pick Willis or Strong and hope that the arms strength and overall athleticism eventually translate into really good QB play. But I have a severe (and often incorrect) bias towards guys with big arms at the QB spot. So what the heck do I know?
    Maybe Haskins gets another invite to camp in the summer, but it would not surprise me if he didnt.

I like the look of Strong from what I have seen. Willis I think is another "potential" guy that may be more of an athlete than a passer. Senior Bowl week should be good as the guys that have accepted invites so far are Kenny Pickett, Malik Willis, Desmond Ridder, Bailey Zappe.

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Maybe Haskins gets another invite to camp in the summer, but it would not surprise me if he didnt.

I like the look of Strong from what I have seen. Willis I think is another "potential" guy that may be more of an athlete than a passer. Senior Bowl week should be good as the guys that have accepted invites so far are Kenny Pickett, Malik Willis, Desmond Ridder, Bailey Zappe.
    From highlights and reading the opinions of others...it seems those two (Strong and Willis) are in a separate tier compared to the other 21 prospects when it comes to "arm strength". Agreed that Willis is a significant role of the dice. But if he turns out to be somewhere on the spectrum between Wilson and Prescott...then that is pretty darn good. But he looks like his decision making and processing is well below where those two were when they came out.