• Collinsworth/ Michaels NBC

2 10.53%
  • Aikman/ Buck Fox

5 26.32%
  • Griese/ Riddick/ Levy ESPN

2 10.53%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Announcing Team?

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Re: Favorite Announcing Team?

Dennis Miller’s telecasts came with a closed-caption thesaurus and dictionary.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

For me, I think Levy is possibly the worst play by play guy I’ve ever heard. Surely the worst for a network’s #1 team.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    For me, I think Levy is possibly the worst play by play guy I’ve ever heard. Surely the worst for a network’s #1 team.
    I like him sometimes but agree that he’s not a networks #1 guy…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Good with hockey. Football.....not at the same level.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Good with hockey. Football.....not at the same level.
    Yes!!! He’s very good with hockey.

Senior Member Array title="cubanstogie has a reputation beyond repute"> cubanstogie's Avatar

Id take Herbstreit and Fowler over any other ESPN crew. Smooth transition from college to NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    Id take Herbstreit and Fowler over any other ESPN crew. Smooth transition from college to NFL.
    Agree!!

Kevin Burkhardt and Tom Brady.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Olsen and Enberg were the best in their day. The announcers today are more or less the same, six of one half dozen of the other….

didn’t watch him much: was too young, but Don Meridith was really good too

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Brees out at NBC. I really liked him. He’s far better than Collinsworth after only one year. NBC can’t get out of their own way.

Brees out at NBC. I really liked him. He’s far better than Collinsworth after only one year. NBC can’t get out of their own way.
    Is he going somewhere else? I liked him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Is he going somewhere else? I liked him as well.
    He’s a free agent. There was speculation that Fox might pick him up. I think the rub was Brees wanted to do games and NBC wanted to retain him as a studio analyst. I think he was very good on Notre Dame games.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

He’s a free agent. There was speculation that Fox might pick him up. I think the rub was Brees wanted to do games and NBC wanted to retain him as a studio analyst. I think he was very good on Notre Dame games.
    Rumor is that NBC is replacing him with Philip Rivers… and will then kick themselves for a decade for making such a maneuver.

Saw this morning that Brees said he’s not sure what his future holds. May continue with announcing, may comeback to football or may just work his businesses.

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
    I just read ( I wasn't keeping up with all the changes with broadcasting teams) Herbstreit will be Al Michaels' partner on TNF/Amazon games.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Kevin Burkhardt and Tom Brady.
    Tom Brady being an announcer would be my biggest nightmare. You can't get rid of this guy like herpes

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    Tom Brady being an announcer would be my biggest nightmare. You can't get rid of this guy like herpes
    He’s gonna be the number one guy. 10 year deal for $370M or something. He will make more broadcasting than he did as a player.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

He’s gonna be the number one guy. 10 year deal for $370M or something. He will make more broadcasting than he did as a player.
    hopefully fox hires him so i don't have to listen to him announce many steelers games. i'll start watching it on mute otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    hopefully fox hires him so i don't have to listen to him announce many steelers games. i'll start watching it on mute otherwise
    I believe it was Fox that gave him that deal.