Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Heroes and Goats vs Ravens.

Senior Member Array title="Edman has a reputation beyond repute">

Heroes and Goats vs Ravens.

Ben talked it and walked it. He said it was his last shot and played like it was his last shot. The best game he played all season.

Great win over what was the #1 seed in the AFC.

Senior Member Array title="stillers4me has a reputation beyond repute"> stillers4me's Avatar

Re: Heroes and Goats vs Ravens.

Game balls to Ben and TJ!!

Senior Member Array title="Rotorhead has a reputation beyond repute">

Heroes and Goats vs Ravens.

I will give game balls to Wormly and Watt, 5 of the 6 sacks. The Defense (aside from that last drive). Ben, Harris, DJ and Muth. The OL played well today. And special mention to Harbaugh for going for 2 at the end to lose the game.

Goats go to Boz tonight, had a bad game tonight for once, missed XP and that kickoff almost killed us.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Ben, Johnson, and Watt

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Ben, TJ, Wormley, DJ

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Ben came up big when he had too. I think that's his 51st game winning drive in the 4th QTR. TJ was HUGE today! We also got to see that Witherspoon can play some CB.

GOAT. Boz is usually clutch, but he almost killed us today. He gets a pass because he's won so many for us. DEFENSIVE scheme on the last drive. I don't know if it's Butler or Tomlin but at some point someone HAS to do something with this coverage scheme. That zone plays SO FAR off and the middle of the field is so open you could park a dumptruck there and it would be totally untouched.... (my guess is Tomlin for defensive goat)
    Last edited by pepsyman1; 12-08-2021 at 11:48 PM.

Senior Member Array title="pczach has a reputation beyond repute"> pczach's Avatar

Ben gets a game ball. He played extremely well in this game and made all the plays.

TJ Watt is just a huge difference-maker when healthy. Wormley played very well in the first half with a couple sacks.

Honorable mention to Witherspoon. He looked like the best CB on the field with good situational awareness and ball skills. How has he not gotten on the field before this?????

No goats tonight. Not after a big win like this one!

A huge FU to Harbaugh. He's an arrogant asshole that got what he deserved after getting every break imaginable in this game and on that last drive.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Well that was unexpected and fun! Only got to see the last few drives by either team.

Ben had one last bit of magic against the main enemy in front of the home fans. Good for him!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pczach View Post
    Ben gets a game ball. He played extremely well in this game and made all the plays.

TJ Watt is just a huge difference-maker when healthy. Wormley played very well in the first half with a couple sacks.

Honorable mention to Witherspoon. He looked like the best CB on the field with good situational awareness and ball skills. How has he not gotten on the field before this?????

No goats tonight. Not after a big win like this one!

A huge FU to Harbaugh. He's an arrogant asshole that got what he deserved after getting every break imaginable in this game and on that last drive.
    Where has that been before? He's looked lost previously! I am not good enough to figure it out,...but did they play him in a different alignment or something? Like he can play boundary CB but not slot CB? Like a totally different guy.

If he keeps this up, I will have to pick someone else for my Robert Golden/Jordan Dangerfield Memorial Award for Dude Mojouw wants off the roster!

Senior Member Array title="pepsyman1 has much to be proud of"> pepsyman1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

Where has that been before? He's looked lost previously! I am not good enough to figure it out,...but did they play him in a different alignment or something? Like he can play boundary CB but not slot CB? Like a totally different guy.

If he keeps this up, I will have to pick someone else for my Robert Golden/Jordan Dangerfield Memorial Award for Dude Mojouw wants off the roster!
    I'm gonna make a guess and I could be 100% full of crap. We got to see this zone coverage team at its best years ago when we had Ryan Clark and Troy on the back end. The corners never played very tight but were quick to get to the ball and tackle and they did a much better job passing receivers off from one defender to another as receivers moved thru the zones across the field. I think the scheme depends on that seamless transition from defender to defender to be effective....especially for the guys inside the hashmarks. Guys that have the talent to just go cover one on one aren't put in the best position to do that. On the outside, they are more by themselves so those talents are more highlighted. (I wish we didn't start by putting them 10 yards off and expecting the CB to have to adjust to someone who's already at full speed by the time they are close). I could be totally wrong but we continually have people running open thru the middle of the secondary regardless of who's playing. Somehow, somewhere there is some type of communication or scheme deficiency. I think the slot corners and LB's are tentative in coverage so as to not leave their areas open so as people move from area to area the gaps are bigger. Back in the day, Troy or Clarke would always be there is someone took a chance.

Super Moderator and Lone hawks fan Array title="Devilsdancefloor has a reputation beyond repute"> Devilsdancefloor's Avatar

Hero : TJ when healthy he makes the front 5 so dangerous

Goat: it’s a win none

For those i love i will sacrifice.

Si ventus non est, remiga

Senior Member Array title="Lady Steel has a reputation beyond repute"> Lady Steel's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I'm pretty sure TJ took over as an NFL sack leader in how many complete games? 8?

Plus Andrews was wide open for an easy pitch and catch on that 2 point conversion if not for Watt's pressure. Money well spent on this guy.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Game Balls - Killer W’s - Watt, Worley and Witherspoon. Ben, DJ and Harris.

Goats - Boswell, Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Thread DeRailer Array title="tube517 has a reputation beyond repute"> tube517's Avatar

Well that was unexpected and fun! Only got to see the last few drives by either team.

Ben had one last bit of magic against the main enemy in front of the home fans. Good for him!

- - - Updated - - -

There's plenty of candidates!

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

I’m gonna go ahead and lead with my chin here. But Tomlin gets a nod for getting his team refocused and ready after a bad loss.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodSteel View Post
    I'm pretty sure TJ took over as an NFL sack leader in how many complete games? 8?

Plus Andrews was wide open for an easy pitch and catch on that 2 point conversion if not for Watt's pressure. Money well spent on this guy.
    Yep, if not for the pressure by TJ that's an easy touchdown

Once, we were L Legends Array title="oneforthetoe has a reputation beyond repute">

Well this season makes perfect sense to me. We can beat any team in the division except for the Bengals. Same old Same old.

No goats. Boz has been to clutch this year. He gets a muligan goat.

Heroes too team. Gutsy win.

Oh and an ass cist to Jon Harbaugh.

I’m gonna go ahead and lead with my chin here. But Tomlin gets a nod for getting his team refocused and ready after a bad loss.

Fair enough. They came to play. Defense managed to hold them to only 7 points in the first half when they had the ball for literally 80% of the time.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

I had forgotten what it was like to enjoy watching a Steelers' game. Wow!

Game balls:
    TJ
    Wormley
    DJ - great resilience
    Ben - the old guy just needs to get in a rhythm
    Witherspoon - on the PD in the 4th

Goats:
    Not one of Boz's better days with the missed PAT and last kickoff. But the win keeps him of the official list

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

The pass rush, especially Watt, but there were a bunch of guys causing disruption all night. The blitzing scheme actually worked and threw Jackson off his game.

Johnson was a stud on offense. The only two TDs. Ben was adequate in a game where we needed adequate. Sure wish he was more consistent, though. This game wouldn't have been close if it didn't take 45 minutes to wake up.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
    The pass rush, especially Watt, but there were a bunch of guys causing disruption all night. The blitzing scheme actually worked and threw Jackson off his game.

Johnson was a stud on offense. The only two TDs. Ben was adequate in a game where we needed adequate. Sure wish he was more consistent, though. This game wouldn't have been close if it didn't take 45 minutes to wake up.
    I think someone kidnapped Canada in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I think someone kidnapped Canada in the second half.

Just make sure someone intercepts the ransom drop! lol

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Goats - Boswell, Washington

really ???? he missed 1 pat but hit a 53 yarder ( until this year it would have been a record long in that stadium ... ) all he does it DRILL long FGs dude is crazy good Bozomatic
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="HollywoodSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> HollywoodSteel's Avatar

I give DJ lots of credit for bouncing back, but he really should have had three TDs. It won't show up in the box score but that was a perfect pass by Ben that should have been a TD.

Senior Member Array title="steelreserve has a reputation beyond repute"> steelreserve's Avatar

I give DJ lots of credit for bouncing back, but he really should have had three TDs. It won't show up in the box score but that was a perfect pass by Ben that should have been a TD.
    That one that hit him in the hands was dreadful. But he made a great effort to get the last TD. He was really the only WR that seemed like he didn't just disappear for most of the game, though.
    See you Space Cowboy ...

That one that hit him in the hands was dreadful. But he made a great effort to get the last TD. He was really the only WR that seemed like he didn't just disappear for most of the game, though.
    I was already a DJ fan, but he’s really winning me over. I noticed that he runs with better ball security since the Lions game. He seems to be more aggressive about contact. He has a nose for the end zone in the open field. He’s clearly (despite the bad drop) worked on his game. Looks like a guy who is actually working to fill the holes in his game. I think he gets that rare Steelers second WR contract.

I was already a DJ fan, but he’s really winning me over. I noticed that he runs with better ball security since the Lions game. He seems to be more aggressive about contact. He has a nose for the end zone in the open field. He’s clearly (despite the bad drop) worked on his game. Looks like a guy who is actually working to fill the holes in his game. I think he gets that rare Steelers second WR contract.
    Totally agree. I have mad respect for hard DJ has worked since last season. Even Tomlin says he's the first onto the practice field and the last one off. That's the kind of effort, when combined with the natural talent we know he has, that can elevate a player to greatness.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Gameball to TJ, Wormely, Witherspoon, Ben and the o line

goat to Boz

DJ is a wash, he made a few plays and scored but dropped a TD: inexcusable. Boz’s missed extra point and DJ’s drop almost lost the game. Harbaughs hubris saved us

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    Gameball to TJ, Wormely, Witherspoon, Ben and the o line

goat to Boz

DJ is a wash, he made a few plays and scored but dropped a TD: inexcusable. Boz’s missed extra point and DJ’s drop almost lost the game. Harbaughs hubris saved us
    I think it's easy to focus on a dropped pass and missed extra point as the things that almost lost us the game, but we also have to consider that DJ and Boz were net assets who both played a critical role in winning it. What really almost killed us were all of those bad defensive plays on 3rd and long. Even TJ was responsible for an inexcusable mental penalty that extended a drive for them, but I'm certainly not gonna give him goat status given all the things he did to help us win.

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

I think it's easy to focus on a dropped pass and missed extra point as the things that almost lost us the game, but we also have to consider that DJ and Boz were net assets who both played a critical role in winning it. What really almost killed us were all of those bad defensive plays on 3rd and long. Even TJ was responsible for an inexcusable mental penalty that extended a drive for them, but I'm certainly not gonna give him goat status given all the things he did to help us win.
    true, the dropped pass and extra point were obvious, but TJ made a big mistake too. We were fortunate to win. were prone to a number of boneheaded mistakes per game. We have the talent on the field, even counting the injuries, but we’re not a disciplined team