Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heyward On Claypool's Suggestion To Play Music During Practice

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Re: Heyward On Claypool's Suggestion To Play Music During Practice

So clearly Claypool was asked what type of changes would help practice prep, as that’s been a topic early this week with the team and media…here is his whole answer:

“I think some music would help," Claypool said. "We had music in the warm-ups and that stuff is fun. People are dancing, having fun, so I think maybe music would make practice a little more fun and a little more up-tempo. That's my one suggestion, but Coach T has been doing this a lot longer than I have."

Tomlin had a carefully worded response.

"Claypool plays wideout, and I'll let him do that," Tomlin said Tuesday. "I'll formulate the practice approach. And I think that division of labor is probably appropriate."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
    I think they tried for one last attempt with Ben .
    Nope.

Ben was going to cost $41million against the cap if they released him before this year. They brought him back so that he only costs $25.9million against the cap and they restructured his deal with 4 voidable years, in order to spread his cap hit out.

There was no "one last attempt with Ben". It was a way to get under the cap, with a franchise QB that is beloved by the fanbase, but was never going to get the team to finish in the top 2 of the AFC North. Its a rebuild, but with the franchise QB that will give the fans that view the team thru B&G colored glasses, some hope of being able to make the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Ben will be gone next season, his dead cap hit is $10million. The Steelers can then find a younger, better QB in free agency. They can pay Minkah, dip into free agency for some O line or D line help and draft to fill some gaps at CB for the aging Haden and possibly draft a QB that will at least be a competent #2 QB that can develop.

Music at practice isnt going to help. Better talent and better player leadership will help. This season was never going to be great, the best we could have hoped for was competitive, but a lot of these guys are not competing right now.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    So clearly Claypool was asked what type of changes would help practice prep, as that’s been a topic early this week with the team and media…here is his whole answer:

“I think some music would help," Claypool said. "We had music in the warm-ups and that stuff is fun. People are dancing, having fun, so I think maybe music would make practice a little more fun and a little more up-tempo. That's my one suggestion, but Coach T has been doing this a lot longer than I have."

"Claypool plays wideout, and I'll let him do that," Tomlin said Tuesday. "I'll formulate the practice approach. And I think that division of labor is probably appropriate."
    So you’re saying that with context…it’s a total non-story and only when clickbaited on the internet does this become a “story”?

No way. Totally shocking.

Why do people keep getting suckered in by this nonsense? Have you never been to the internet before?

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
    Nope.

Ben was going to cost $41million against the cap if they released him before this year. They brought him back so that he only costs $25.9million against the cap and they restructured his deal with 4 voidable years, in order to spread his cap hit out.

There was no "one last attempt with Ben". It was a way to get under the cap, with a franchise QB that is beloved by the fanbase, but was never going to get the team to finish in the top 2 of the AFC North. Its a rebuild, but with the franchise QB that will give the fans that view the team thru B&G colored glasses, some hope of being able to make the playoffs.
    That makes sense from a cap standpoint (not to mention ticket sales) But in that case they should’ve done more to bolster the o line than go RB in round 1. They could’ve taken a RB in a later round (3 or 4 or signed a FA). I almost want to say a healthy Conner would’ve been fine behind a rebuilt line but how often was that the case?

Also, could’ve replaced AV with Orlando Brown, as an example. Old Ben needed more protection, The Najee pick was uncharacteristic of the Steelers.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post
    So you’re saying that with context…it’s a total non-story and only when clickbaited on the internet does this become a “story”?

Why do people keep getting suckered in by this nonsense? Have you never been to the internet before?
    I think Shoberts comment about practice a week earlier led to most of this.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCSteeler View Post
    I think Shoberts comment about practice a week earlier led to most of this.

I’m gonna go ahead and hazard a guess that his full comments, whatever they were, were noticeable less than the internet has reported them as.

It’s all designed to stoke our anger. Drives page views, reposts, and angry comments way up. Make$ ca$h for the $ite that reports it that way.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I’m gonna go ahead and hazard a guess that his full comments, whatever they were, were noticeable less than the internet has reported them as.

It’s all designed to stoke our anger. Drives page views, reposts, and angry comments way up. Make$ ca$h for the $ite that reports it that way.
    Ding, ding, ding!!! Within minutes of those reports, someone played the ENTIRE sound bite… not just the part that made Schobert sound like the Steelers weren’t practicing.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Yeah, it’s something we have to go and execute.” Schobert said when talking about the team’s lack of tackling. “It’s hard to execute in the middle of the season at practice, so it’s something we have to work on and get ourselves in those positions, take practice serious to improve upon it.”

I can't find the whole text but it seems pretty straightforward to me

Merry Christmas

Don’t they only get 1 padded practice per week? Sometimes less? Sounds like that is what Schobert is talking about.

Senior Member Array title="ThorndikeFFA has much to be proud of">

So much here...

a. The music comment might be smoke, and it may not be. This team lacks fire, commitment, and has ABSOLUTELY no sense of 'nasty' at all. The idea that the same group of young players who can't seem to tackle or catch a ball, and don't seem to be all that upset about it on Sundays, just want to listen to music and dance around instead of actually practicing football makes sense. In fact, this group may have more of a future as a dance troupe than as a football team.

b. Devin Bush? Did he lose his entire heart when he messed up his knee? I thought he was a reach at #10 and said so here. I thought he always lacked sand in his shorts, but he was at least willing to fly around, mix it up, and make a tackle...albeit usually five yards down field. But THIS Devin Bush? Holy smoke! He isn't good enough right now to call bad. He's horrible! You know who I said he looked like during the game this week? Artie Burns. Lost, not bought in, disinterested, going through the motions, and getting burned left and right. Put Bush in a #25 jersey and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference right now.

c. Lots of talk about Ben. I know he isn't Pat Mahomes, but neither was Pat Mahomes in the Super Bowl when his entire OL was hurt or busy crapping the bed. He can still make most of the throws when he has time, which isn't very often.

d. Speaking of QB play, the WRs are a part of this too. The team's #1 is on the IR, Claypool (who we've already established would rather be a dancer) is a third option on most NFL teams, and Johnson is a slot receiver, not a #1. There isn't a WR on this team that can take the top off of any defense. Johnson is quick and disruptive when he has the ball in the open field, but he doesn't have top end speed. Our dancer isn't fast and he'll catch one that's over his head, behind him, while bending over backward, then drop two that hit him in the numbers.

So, how do we fix this? We don't. We need power up the middle on both O and D, and speed on the outside. That can't be fixed during the season. And it might take three years worth of drafts to get things together. And I'm not entirely sold on Tomlin being the guy to turn it around. The desire to hang out listening to tunes and dancing around starts at the top.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNTZ5tqas1k
    Last edited by ThorndikeFFA; 12-02-2021 at 09:19 PM. Reason: add

Senior Member Array title="Steeler-in-west has a reputation beyond repute"> Steeler-in-west's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD;

all Tomlin’s responses are careful, he’s like a lawyer or politician. Cowher’s response to something like this would probably involve less words and more spit. Claypool would need a face towel after talking to Bill.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tube517 View Post
    Those were the guys who played cards at Potsie's house and Mama Bettis had the whole team over when they played in XL. Other than Ben,TJ, Cam Heyward and maybe Haden, i don't get that sense of loyalty in this team.
    The early 2000 Steelers defense would take a train to the NYC strip clubs every Friday night (before home games obviously). Likewise, the early 1990s Cowboys used to basically live at the strip clubs.

We already have the music… bring on the strippers!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    all Tomlin’s responses are careful, he’s like a lawyer or politician. Cowher’s response to something like this would probably involve less words and more spit.
    …or, a choreographed, team music video.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-in-west View Post
    all Tomlin’s responses are careful, he’s like a lawyer or politician. Cowher’s response to something like this would probably involve less words and more spit. Claypool would need a face towel after talking to Bill.
    Tomlin cant win a press conference without Cowher spitting.

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Exactly. It’s quite amazing what just half a quote looks like on its own compared to the question, the answer and then even a follow up…lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoes View Post
    That’s players today. Play some music, smoke some weed and do a little domestic violence against a defenseless woman.
    Hater = Realist

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
    That’s players today. Play some music, smoke some weed and do a little domestic violence against a defenseless woman.
    Yeah because music always leads to domestic violence. Lol

There's our guy!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    It really is the next logical step.

Was proven in the 1970's that all those music loving, pot smoking hippies, turned into violent domestic abusers. Just very few of them could run a 4.40 40-yard dash.

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post

Senior Member Array title="Shoes has a reputation beyond repute"> Shoes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post

Here one for your earbuds.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

he ain't wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Goodell View Post
    he ain't wrong

No, he isn't.

® Array title="Steeldude "> Steeldude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Who said music leads to it? Although rap is demeaning to women and glorifies violence.
    Hater = Realist