Thread: Jets, Giants, and Eagles control the 2022 NFL Draft

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Jets, Giants, and Eagles control the 2022 NFL Draft

Check out the picks for the Jets, Giants, and Eagles. Not only do they each have multiple picks, they each have back-to-back picks in the “top ten”. That gives them the advantage of having 20 minutes to figure out trades and such (as opposed to the usual 10 minutes).

4 Jets
    5 Jets
    6 Giants
    7 Giants
    9 Eagles
    10 Eagles

That is SIX of the first ten picks going to those three teams. Plus, the Eagles also have the #14 pick.

Well there you have it... Array title="NCSteeler has a reputation beyond repute"> NCSteeler's Avatar

Re: Jets, Giants, and Eagles control the 2022 NFL Draft

If the eagles draft well, assuming they have their QB , they could be really good . Damn I'd love to see Colbert with that kind of draft capital, but I wouldn't have liked doing what it takes to earn it. LoL

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Merry Christmas

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

If I was the Eagles . I would trade the pick that is currently the #14 for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year that way I do not have three 5th year options come due in the same season yet still have a shot at a quality player in the 2022 draft and a bonus 2023 1st rounder
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar

knowing the jets, picks 4 and 5 will likely be out of the nfl in 3 years

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    If I was the Eagles . I would trade the pick that is currently the #14 for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year that way I do not have three 5th year options come due in the same season yet still have a shot at a quality player in the 2022 draft and a bonus 2023 1st rounder
    I like that “outside of the box” type of thinking. Plus, get an extra R1 pick for the 2023 Draft… where the QB class looks much better.

That said, if the Steelers had those three picks:
    OC, DT, CB!!!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I like that “outside of the box” type of thinking. Plus, get an extra R1 pick for the 2023 Draft… where the QB class looks much better.

That said, if the Steelers had those three picks:
    OC, DT, CB!!!
    I'd personally rather ...

OC , OG , DT based on BPA at the time of selection ... ( not convinced Green can man the guard spot either so need is both ) we have a poor track record drafting and developing Corners so lets use some of that cap money to get us one that is proven capable ..
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    Check out the picks for the Jets, Giants, and Eagles. Not only do they each have multiple picks, they each have back-to-back picks in the “top ten”. That gives them the advantage of having 20 minutes to figure out trades and such (as opposed to the usual 10 minutes).

4 Jets
    5 Jets
    6 Giants
    7 Giants
    9 Eagles
    10 Eagles

That is SIX of the first ten picks going to those three teams. Plus, the Eagles also have the #14 pick.
    Looks like three easy trade-up partners for the Steelers to get the next franchise QB. (Pretending there's one available.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    I'd personally rather ...

OC , OG , DT based on BPA at the time of selection ... ( not convinced Green can man the guard spot either so need is both ) we have a poor track record drafting and developing Corners so lets use some of that cap money to get us one that is proven capable ..
    Indeed… Colbert is great at some things, but drafting corners isn’t one of them. Use the plethora of cap space (still have the ninth most) so sign a free agent. I think Ramsey will be a free agent; I say that because the Rams went “all in” for 2021 (and will have to cut some players this off-season.)

That said, even Colbert can’t miss if Stingley, Gardner, or Booth drop to #9.

I think Green will be fine as a guard. When I watch closely, he’s having to snap AND then get into position. If he merely has to “get into position” I think he’ll be fine.

So, if the Steelers do indeed aquire a corner in free agency, and with an “extra” pick at #14, I could see them drafting a QB. Howell seems to be their guy; my gut says Pickett; and Corral has been mocked to them numerous times. If the Steelers had those three picks, drafting a QB would indeed be a possibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Looks like three easy trade-up partners for the Steelers to get the next franchise QB. (Pretending there's one available.)
    I don’t think the Steelers have the capital to move up from 32…

My optimism aside, moving up from 17-18ish to 14 does indeed seem logical. It is a move that would leapfrog the teams picking right before us… teams who likely have serviceable, but limited QBs. Those teams would have just missed the playoffs, and will be thinking that an upgrade at QB might push them over the top (which is also our mindset).

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Maybe the Steelers can find a QB in the 4th round that they have a 1st round grade on...