Thread: Fellow Steelers Nation... I need help! Please... I really do. (ADMINS please keep up)

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Fellow Steelers Nation... I need help! Please... I really do. (ADMINS please keep up)

https://www.gofundme.com/f/65kzk5-li...juBD09O3nZR1Vw

Admins, Please keep this up .

I need help my Steelers brothers and sisters,

I have been a member since the "Steelers Fever days". And I think of this forum as my second Steelers family. A place where we can share our passion, pain, frustration, and love for the Steelers.

Our beloved family dog Ruby got into an accident and ruptured her lower vertebrae in her back. Making her back two legs paralyzed immediately.

Ruby is family, and is my "unofficial" therapy dog when the Steelers are giving me a heart attack every week.

We had been presented two decisions last night that were time sensitive.

1. Life saving surgery for a 90% chance for her to walk again.

or

2.We would have to put her down.

Ruby is family, and she is a fighter in spirit , so the only choice was to go through with the surgery.

We had to open a credit card and a down payment of $10,000 and we are on a payment plan with the hospital. Any donations will help us cover the cost to save or dog. Every penny automatically goes to the animal hospital to perform surgery. In order for them to perform the time sensitive surgery.

The GoFundMe is designed so the Guardian Veterinary hospital receives all donations. We will NEVER receive or handle the money. I screen shot the image from GoFundMe page below showing the hospital being the sole beneficiary of the funds. (Feel free to vet and questions the crap of me to prove it.)

Any donations will be extremely appreciated.

Also if you can share the crap out our GoFundMe link and encourage anyone to donate, also will be appreciated.

God Bless and thank you.

Senior Member Array title="DesertSteel has a reputation beyond repute"> DesertSteel's Avatar

Re: Fellow Steelers Nation... I need help! Please... I really do. (ADMINS please keep up)

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm not sure where you live but my wife is a veterinarian and an excellent surgeon. She'd likely do the surgery for a fraction of that cost. We're in southeast Arizona, if you're at all remotely close. Prayers that it works out.

Up The IRONS! GO STEELERS Array title="Iron Steeler has a reputation beyond repute"> Iron Steeler's Avatar

Re: Fellow Steelers Nation... I need help! Please... I really do. (ADMINS please keep up)

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm not sure where you live but my wife is a veterinarian and an excellent surgeon. She'd likely do the surgery for a fraction of that cost. We're in southeast Arizona, if you're at all remotely close. Prayers that it works out.

Thank you Brother!

And your wife , for the willingness to help.

I wish I were close to you to drive, unfortunately I am in New York.

If your wife could share the link with her network of pet owners and parents this will also be appreciated.

Any donations small are large are tremendously appreciated.

Thank you for responding and caring man.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

So sorry to hear about your pup. She looks like a very sweet girl.

I am going to go ahead and sticky this thread for the time being.

I think it's wonderful that you are trying to secure the funds to have the surgery done when a lot of people would look at the five-figure vet bill and opt for euthanasia instead.

I made a small donation myself. Wish it could be more. Ruby will be in my prayers. God bless

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
    So sorry to hear about your pup. She looks like a very sweet girl.

I am going to go ahead and sticky this thread for the time being.

I think it's wonderful that you are trying to secure the funds to have the surgery done when a lot of people would look at the five-figure vet bill and opt for euthanasia instead.

I made a small donation myself. Wish it could be more. Ruby will be in my prayers. God bless
    Thank you so much!

My wife and I keep seeing names on our donation polls that we not familiar with... I told her it is most likely my Steelers family .

I'm used to seeing everyone's nicknames/avatar names from the board.

But I know it you guys.

Thank you again.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

not sure if you are aware but Care Credit is also able to be used for animals ( its a medical credit card )
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    not sure if you are aware but Care Credit is also able to be used for animals ( its a medical credit card )

Thanks Dwins...

That is exactly what we are on. I had to open the care credit card and put $10,000 down. Not trying to pull the violin routine, but my money is tight at moment before the accident happen, even on a monthly payment.

REMINDER...Any and every donation goes straight to the hospital, and they lessen the margin that is due on the care credit card.

Any donation will be appreciated.

Or even a link share to your most pet obsessed neighbors.

Ruby is resting and recovering post surgery. She is working very hard to try to walk with her front legs and a sling. She should get to come home to us tomorrow for rehab at home. Please continue to pray for Ruby and share her story . And thank you all that are helping , your donations mean the world to us. Even the smalls amount.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/65kzk5-life-saving-surgery-for-ruby?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_cam paign=p_cf%20share-flow-1&fbclid=IwAR0AcPNB8Fsl9IDHjctRiWk4nR6Ev_HS5K1tS-ItahUTExXZnkpmfTA9YXc

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Sorry to hear about your dog. Hope all goes well. For the rest of us, get Pet Insurance. It isn't cheap but if you love your dog as much as Iron Steeler does it's worth it.

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    For the rest of us, get Pet Insurance. It isn't cheap but if you love your dog as much as Iron Steeler does it's worth it.
    Couldn't agree more. And get it as early in your dog's life as possible, because if they have problems before they are covered, then those problems become preexisting conditions that the insurance won't cover if the problems reoccur after they are covered.

Update for the Steelers Fam.

Ruby is 2 weeks removed from surgery. Can fully use her Right Back Leg. Today she regain motor function in her left. She learning to walk again, with our help.

Thank you guys who have donated our shared.

Wonderful news! Thanks for the update!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    Update for the Steelers Fam.

Ruby is 2 weeks removed from surgery. Can fully use her Right Back Leg. Today she regain motor function in her left. She learning to walk again, with our help.

Thank you guys who have donated our shared.
    Awesome!!!!

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

UPDATE!

I want to thank everyone and especially Fansince'76 .

Ruby has made a great recovery and is able to walk on 4 legs. We have been instructed to place little "step stools" for her to get up on couches and large steps, but just like her father (me) she is arrogant and prideful and she decides to jump! She is not athletic as she was prior to the accident, although , she is determined to get her swagger, agility, and confidence back. And she will, because she's a fighter.

She is extremely happy to be alive, and we are so grateful to still have her.

We did not hit our mark on the gofundme, but that is ok! We re-budgeted our life to have our family member still with us. The doctor has said if we keep her on a good diet and exercise , we may have extended her life to another 5 years!

If the admins want to take this down , I am completely ok with it. Although, I'll admit, every time I logged in and saw this thread pinned to the top it made me smile. I have been on this fan forum for 12 years , bitchin , cry, laughing, and cheering with you all about ourSteelers. This kind gesture for those that have donated and the admins , has solidified that Steelers fans are truly the best fans ever.

Thank you again...

Here is Ruby currently sitting next to me watching all these wide receivers run 4.3s like its a walk in the park.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Glad to hear it!!!!

you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Senior Member Array title="Six Rings is a splendid one to behold">

Quote Originally Posted by DesertSteel View Post
    I hope things work out for Iron Steeler and his family. Nice of you to offer help.
    The last time the Steelers won a playoff game it was 2016. That is six years ago. We are keeping the Jets and Lions company. The standard remains the standard.

Senior Member Array title="Rocky Mtn. has a spectacular aura about">

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Steeler View Post
    UPDATE!

I want to thank everyone and especially Fansince'76 .

Ruby has made a great recovery and is able to walk on 4 legs. We have been instructed to place little "step stools" for her to get up on couches and large steps, but just like her father (me) she is arrogant and prideful and she decides to jump! She is not athletic as she was prior to the accident, although , she is determined to get her swagger, agility, and confidence back. And she will, because she's a fighter.

She is extremely happy to be alive, and we are so grateful to still have her.

We did not hit our mark on the gofundme, but that is ok! We re-budgeted our life to have our family member still with us. The doctor has said if we keep her on a good diet and exercise , we may have extended her life to another 5 years!

If the admins want to take this down , I am completely ok with it. Although, I'll admit, every time I logged in and saw this thread pinned to the top it made me smile. I have been on this fan forum for 12 years , bitchin , cry, laughing, and cheering with you all about ourSteelers. This kind gesture for those that have donated and the admins , has solidified that Steelers fans are truly the best fans ever.

Thank you again...

Here is Ruby currently sitting next to me watching all these wide receivers run 4.3s like its a walk in the park.

Good for you and Ruby! Kudos to Desert Steel and the offer for surgical assistance.