Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Re: Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!

no point in giving this its own thread since it goes hand in hand with this thread ( just the opposite side of it )

2) The Steelers are cooked

Fried. Finished. Donezo. See ya next year. The truth hurts -- even if it was completely predictable in the first place. I always thought this would be Mike Tomlin's first losing season in Pittsburgh. Told you back in May that Cincinnati would be superior -- and hey, the Bengals just completed the season sweep with a 41-10 throttling on Sunday. Now winless in their last three outings, the Steelers sit at 5-5-1. But look at their remaining schedule:

How many wins do you see there? More than one? I just cannot imagine this group going on a run down the stretch. Ben Roethlisberger is washed. The offensive line is poor. The offensive play-calling is offensive. The defense has underachieved. And on top of it all, T.J. Watt just hit the reserve/COVID-19 list. Pack it in, Pittsburgh.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-true-or...ed-nfc-playoff
    Kenny Pickett is who I though he was .. Eagles problem now

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
    Some of us saw the disaster as a whole early on…

Still a nice core that Rodgers would help.
    Sure. I’ve been saying this wasn’t a good team for awhile.

Rodgers would help any team in the league be better. Save the Chiefs.

But there’s NOTHING in Pittsburgh that leads to a better on field product than he already has.

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mojouw View Post

But there’s NOTHING in Pittsburgh that leads to a better on field product than he already has.
    That may be true but for a while anyway he was talking like he wanted to leave Green Bay.

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Was It Over When the Germans Bombed Pearl Harbor!?!

You keep saying that but he wants out of Green Bay and has said it. Maybe he doesn’t come to Pittsburgh. Maybe he goes to Houston…who knows. The bottom line is he wants out of Green Bay. He doesn’t like the coaching staff according to the reports. He doesn’t like the management according to reports…so to use that as a comparison to Pittsburgh doesn’t work. Maybe use Las Vegas or Seattle or New York or Miami but since he’s said multiple times he wants out, threatened to retire and restructured his contract so he can leave Green Bay after this season, for the sake of the exercise, Green Bay isn’t a valid comparison.

Also, Rodgers is one of the most selfish and arrogant players there has ever been in the NFL…you don’t think it would stroke his ego to take this team from 5-11-1 to 12-5 and a playoff birth??

But maybe Green Bay decides to call his bluff in 2022 and keep him. Love looked horrible in his time so maybe Green Bay starts to give Rodgers the coddling he needs…

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    you are a Kenny Pickett enabler

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

How quickly the worm has turned!

This team has gone from an ideal destination for a dissatisfied Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson to a hopeless rudderless franchise adrift in incompetence.

That took less than a month.

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I would never condone tanking , but as the schedule sits they likely only ( imo ) win 2 more games 3 at best ( I hope they win all 6 ) I just do not feel it is very likely they make the playoffs ... Yesterday wasn't a MUST win but it was as close to one as you can get division game , conference games are crucial especially when you have so many teams bunched up like we are seeing this year and with a schedule that on paper is as brutal as ours looking ahead losing yesterday just wasnt an option and when you are not even competitive when so much is on the line ( and I didnt see much if any in game adjustments , down 4 TDs and running the ball in the 3rd and 4th quarter as if you was up 14 ).... IDK man but even after drinking 2 glasses of team sponsored Kool-Aid I'm just not feeling it
    The big, red part says it all. We are in agreement: we hope the Steelers win out (regardless of the likelihood), because losing out doesn’t really help us get a better draft pick anyway. Ergo, hoping for a very slim chance at making a run is “worth” dropping 3-4 spots in the draft.

Senior Member Array title="Mojouw has a reputation beyond repute"> Mojouw's Avatar

You keep saying that but he wants out of Green Bay and has said it. Maybe he doesn’t come to Pittsburgh. Maybe he goes to Houston…who knows. The bottom line is he wants out of Green Bay. He doesn’t like the coaching staff according to the reports. He doesn’t like the management according to reports…so to use that as a comparison to Pittsburgh doesn’t work. Maybe use Las Vegas or Seattle or New York or Miami but since he’s said multiple times he wants out, threatened to retire and restructured his contract so he can leave Green Bay after this season, for the sake of the exercise, Green Bay isn’t a valid comparison.

Also, Rodgers is one of the most selfish and arrogant players there has ever been in the NFL…you don’t think it would stroke his ego to take this team from 5-11-1 to 12-5 and a playoff birth??

But maybe Green Bay decides to call his bluff in 2022 and keep him. Love looked horrible in his time so maybe Green Bay starts to give Rodgers the coddling he needs…
    Players say stuff all the time. Winning fixes a great deal.

Say he leaves…he’s gonna cost a kings ransom. Seattle turned down 3 first round picks and multiple players from the Bears for Wilson.

Plus, Rodgers has got to want to go somewhere for the deal to work.

Why would he come here? Worse skill position players. Worse o line. Worse play calling. And the Steelers won’t give him player personnel control any more than Green Bay does.

Senior Member Array title="Hawkman has a reputation beyond repute">

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    That may be true but for a while anyway he was talking like he wanted to leave Green Bay.

Senior Member Array title="Dwinsgames has a reputation beyond repute"> Dwinsgames's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post

hey then you could come back as lemonhead perhaps ?

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

Senior Member Array title="willy has a reputation beyond repute"> willy's Avatar

Why would he come here? Worse skill position players. Worse o line. Worse play calling. And the Steelers won’t give him player personnel control any more than Green Bay does.
    I see what you mean.

Senior Member Array title="JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue has a reputation beyond repute"> JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue's Avatar

Vegas is loving this season!!!!!!!

NFL's Dirtiest Player Array title="86WARD has a reputation beyond repute"> 86WARD's Avatar

Players say stuff all the time. Winning fixes a great deal.

Say he leaves…he’s gonna cost a kings ransom. Seattle turned down 3 first round picks and multiple players from the Bears for Wilson.

Are the skill players really that much worse then the Packers? The Packers minus Davante Adams are what? Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon? Keep that in mind, his best Bud may be gone next season as well. But again, assuming Rodgers wants out, which is what this discussion is about, what the Packers do or do not have is irrelevant. Last time I checked, players seemed to like the Steelers organization and the guy has an ego the size of a planet. If the Steelers were serious about it…which I don’t think they are, they’d have about as good a chance as anyone to get him if everything else fell into place.

Are the skill players really that much worse then the Packers? The Packers minus Davante Adams are what? Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon? Keep that in mind, his best Bud may be gone next season as well. But again, assuming Rodgers wants out, which is what this discussion is about, what the Packers do or do not have is irrelevant. Last time I checked, players seemed to like the Steelers organization and the guy has an ego the size of a planet. If the Steelers were serious about it…which I don’t think they are, they’d have about as good a chance as anyone to get him if everything else fell into place.
    Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon are far better than Harris and Snell.

TEs are a push.

I mean, I guess we can discount Adams. Although that seems like a big assumption. So Johnson would likely be the next best WR between the two teams. Then Claypool is somehow a combination of the worst parts of Valdez-Scantling and St. Brown. So I guess another push? It certainly isn't better.

Rodgers whole snit-fit this off-season was to avoid any blame for recent playoff losses. They win out this year...no question he comes back. Lafleur kicks another 4th and goal FG and then the defense disintegrates...maybe Rodgers engineers his way out of town. I suspect that it isn't to come to Pittsburgh.

The best place Rodgers could go to feed his ego would be to end up in Minnesota. Then stick it to GB twice a year for the next several years.

Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon are far better than Harris and Snell.

TEs are a push.

I mean, I guess we can discount Adams. Although that seems like a big assumption. So Johnson would likely be the next best WR between the two teams. Then Claypool is somehow a combination of the worst parts of Valdez-Scantling and St. Brown. So I guess another push? It certainly isn't better.

Rodgers whole snit-fit this off-season was to avoid any blame for recent playoff losses. They win out this year...no question he comes back. Lafleur kicks another 4th and goal FG and then the defense disintegrates...maybe Rodgers engineers his way out of town. I suspect that it isn't to come to Pittsburgh.

The best place Rodgers could go to feed his ego would be to end up in Minnesota. Then stick it to GB twice a year for the next several years.
    I wouldn’t disagree about Minnesota.it would only be fitting that he follow in Favres footsteps (skipping NY). It would be quite entertaining to watch.

I don’t think the gap is quite as large as you think putting Harris/Ballage behind the Packers line would be close to as productive as Jones/Dillon. Putting Snell with almost anyone not named Barry Sanders will drag that positional room down. I would say both teams are very comparable…the clear difference is probably the o-line.

I wouldn’t disagree about Minnesota.it would only be fitting that he follow in Favres footsteps (skipping NY). It would be quite entertaining to watch.

I don’t think the gap is quite as large as you think putting Harris/Ballage behind the Packers line would be close to as productive as Jones/Dillon. Putting Snell with almost anyone not named Barry Sanders will drag that positional room down. I would say both teams are very comparable…the clear difference is probably the o-line.
    Fair.

I think the combo of Adams and Jones elevates the Packers skill guys well above the Steelers.

I also think the Packers secondary - if it could ever be healthy at the same time - is overall far superior to the Steelers. MF might be the best individual player between the two teams...but the talent drop-off after him and Sutton is too large. And while the Packers don't have a DPOY guy like Watt...they can crank it up on defense. There isn't enough of a gap to give any edge to the Steelers.

Of course...this whole discussion is academic and pointless if either of two things happen:
    1. The Packers lay an egg in the post-season again.
    2. In order to be 2022 cap compliant they have to start shedding talent in droves.

Fair.

I think the combo of Adams and Jones elevates the Packers skill guys well above the Steelers.

I also think the Packers secondary - if it could ever be healthy at the same time - is overall far superior to the Steelers. MF might be the best individual player between the two teams...but the talent drop-off after him and Sutton is too large. And while the Packers don't have a DPOY guy like Watt...they can crank it up on defense. There isn't enough of a gap to give any edge to the Steelers.

Of course...this whole discussion is academic and pointless if either of two things happen:
    1. The Packers lay an egg in the post-season again.
    2. In order to be 2022 cap compliant they have to start shedding talent in droves.
    I was a Jones fan before most knew who he was , posted about him in the draft section some odd years ago that I would much rather spend my draft capital on Jones than Dalvin Cook , knowing Cook was gonna be a 1st round pick and Jones would likely linger until round 4 or 5 , Jones does all the same things albeit in a slightly different manner ...That said I think the comparison is unfair due to how SUCK our O-Line is ... sadly I had hopes for this line ( mistaken obviously ) never thought Decastro wouldnt be part of it , never thought Banner would be out this long , hoped the FO knew what they were doing with the C pos and Green and who would have guessed our Promising LG would underwhelm after showing flashes as a rookie of being the next great Guard to dawn Black n Gold and has Chuks went a full game without a penalty flag ( doesnt seem like it ) and he is just an average run and pass blocker , no room for mental errors ......

Senior Member Array title="teegre has a reputation beyond repute"> teegre's Avatar

I’m not going to do the math right now, but…

Administrator Array title="fansince'76 has a reputation beyond repute"> fansince'76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teegre View Post
    I’m not going to do the math right now, but…

Quote Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post

Ding, ding, ding!!!

Senior Member Array title="El-Gonzo Jackson has a reputation beyond repute"> El-Gonzo Jackson's Avatar

According to the Football Power Index rankings from ESPN, the Steelers currently have an 18.5% chance of making the playoffs.

Senior Member Array title="Fire Goodell has a reputation beyond repute"> Fire Goodell's Avatar